News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10551
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:15:13 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

And?

People opposed wars.

People want more refugees.

People want to defund the police.

People believe the Earth is flat.

People believe we are destroying the planet.

People having alternate and often confronting points of view, often disregarding irrefutable evidence, is hardly new.

Why is it news??

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=435358 time=1642553589 user_id=88
FOOD FOR THOUGHT

The great COVID-19 infodemic]

A common refrain of those opposed to vaccines is that immunizations are harmful to people's health and an infringement on human rights. Any kind of science proving the efficacy of any vaccine is often denied.

In 2021, those health concerns have mutated into a widespread belief among the most staunchly anti-vaccine that if you receive a COVID-19 vaccine dose, you will almost certainly die.

The latter is a baseless conspiracy theory. But tens of thousands of Canadians believe it's true and have created social media channels to promote it.

In an attempt to find the nucleus of the Canadian misinformation campaign,

I spent a month immersed in the online world of anti-vaccine communities across the country.

I joined anti vaccine and anti-mandate groups on Telegram and Facebook, witnessing them transform from meeting places for the unvaccinated to a virtual confluence of hatred and disinformation — where I observed, for instance, calls for medical experts to be hanged and people comparing mass vaccination to genocide.

Alongside organizing countrywide anti-vaccine rallies, tens of thousands of Canadians are sharing fake news stories around rising stillbirth numbers, deaths caused by the COVID-19 vaccine and baseless theories of an impending social credit system that begins with QR codes.

Many of the people in these groups seem to believe all of this, despite a lack of proof.

The COVID-19 "infodemic" — the spread of misinformation alongside the spread of a virus — has been described as one of the greatest threats to overcoming the pandemic. But it's also nothing new; false narratives swirled around the polio vaccine in the 1950s, too. The major difference in 2021, is that we have social media.

While social media giants such as Facebook and Twitter say they are doing their best to stamp out COVID-19 misinformation, such groups continue to hide in plain sight. All they've done is gotten more creative with their names; searches for "anti vaccine Canada" won't turn up any results, but plug in synonyms for "freedom" or "unity" and "Canada" and you'll find plenty.

Others have migrated to alternative messaging sites such as Telegram. This is where you'll find "Unvaxxed Canada," "Vaccine Choice Canada" and "BC Interior Freedom Fighters" and the various region-specific and career-specific groups they have spawned, which include hundreds of members regularly espousing anti-vaccine sentiments. There are now groups for unvaccinated healthcare workers, teachers, police officers and federal employees.

Many share links to petitions challenging vaccine mandates, links to fake news stories about exaggerated vaccine side effects, and despite the inherent distrust of the mainstream media, links to news articles in the mainstream media. Information is shared about public venues — gyms and restaurants, mostly — not enforcing vaccine mandates. Channels of businesses against mandates exist with thousands of subscribers.

It's impossible to tell how many channels there are, as new ones pop up every few days. Participant numbers in each channel range between a few hundred to 50,000 — and they're growing.

More Food For Thought

Whenever there is a social media campaign of misinformation, I ask myself who is paying for it.

Anonymous

Starting Thursday, eighty thousand immunocompromised Albertans will be eligible for a fourth dose.

Anonymous

This study is about Delta. It is still around.

Natural Immunity Superior to Vaccination Against Delta Virus Variant: Study

Protection from prior COVID-19 infection was better than the protection from COVID-19 vaccines against the Delta virus variant, according to a new study published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

Researchers analyzed health records from California and New York that were entered between May 30 and Nov. 20, 2021. They separated COVID-19 patients into four groups: unvaccinated with no previous COVID-19 diagnosis, unvaccinated with a previous COVID-19 infection, vaccinated with no prior COVID-19 infection, and vaccinated with prior COVID-19 infection.

Those who had not received a COVID-19 vaccine but were infected previously with the illness were much less likely to test positive for COVID-19 when compared to vaccinated people who had not gotten COVID-19, according to the study, which was published Wednesday in the CDC's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report.

People who had not gotten a vaccine but did have a prior infection, also known as natural immunity, were also less likely to land in a hospital than the vaccinated without natural immunity, according to hospitalization records from California.

The unvaccinated without prior infection were by far the most likely to contract COVID-19 and require hospital care, the study found.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_morningbrief/natural-immunity-superior-to-vaccination-against-delta-virus-variant-study_4223936.html?utm_source=morningbriefnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mb-2022-01-21&mktids=eeb55c74a3f5678cb77875173aa052a9&est=OjH6ngfdQS527DcFfYvLWQSSxKDRBxj9NauL%2BIpb9WHXeijQLDPHI02dkZk%2FfZ09bQ%3D%3D">https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_morni ... 09bQ%3D%3D">https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_morningbrief/natural-immunity-superior-to-vaccination-against-delta-virus-variant-study_4223936.html?utm_source=morningbriefnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mb-2022-01-21&mktids=eeb55c74a3f5678cb77875173aa052a9&est=OjH6ngfdQS527DcFfYvLWQSSxKDRBxj9NauL%2BIpb9WHXeijQLDPHI02dkZk%2FfZ09bQ%3D%3D

Anonymous

Naturally occurring whole food-derived substances with proven coronavirus-inhibiting properties.

Licorice root. Glycyrrhizin, an active constituent of licorice roots, has been shown to exhibit potent inhibitory activity against SARS-coronavirus replication. Additionally, glycyrrhizin appears to be more effective during the early stages of coronavirus replication.

Flavonoids. The activity of coronavirus proteases is a key factor in coronaviruses' ability to propagate in cells. Flavonoids, however, directly inhibit coronavirus protease activity, resulting in decreased virus propagation (4). The flavonoids with the highest virus inhibitory power appear to be herbacetin, isobavachalcone, quercetin 3‐β‐d‐glucoside, and helichrysetin.

Chameleon plant (Houttuynia cordata). In one animal study, Chameleon plant aqueous extract demonstrated significant antiviral activity against the SARS-coronavirus in vivo. The study also found that the herb stimulated the proliferation of mouse splenic lymphocytes in a dose-dependent manner, suggesting it also functions as an immunomodulatory plant.

Chinese medicine preparations. Chinese medicine has been frequently used as an adjunct therapy to treat SARS patients, as evidenced by a Cochrane systematic review that concluded Chinese Medicine as an adjunct therapy "may improve symptoms, quality of life and absorption of pulmonary infiltration, and decrease the corticosteroid dosage for SARS patients". Another study has also proposed ShuFengJieDu Capsules and Lianhuaqingwen Capsule as a potentially effective treatment for 2019 novel coronavirus, considering previous studies demonstrating their ability to both treat and prevent respiratory infectious viruses.

From GreenMedInfo.com

cc

This deserves to be on current page
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=435882 time=1642963475 user_id=114
Naturally occurring whole food-derived substances with proven coronavirus-inhibiting properties.

Licorice root. Glycyrrhizin, an active constituent of licorice roots, has been shown to exhibit potent inhibitory activity against SARS-coronavirus replication. Additionally, glycyrrhizin appears to be more effective during the early stages of coronavirus replication.

Flavonoids. The activity of coronavirus proteases is a key factor in coronaviruses' ability to propagate in cells. Flavonoids, however, directly inhibit coronavirus protease activity, resulting in decreased virus propagation (4). The flavonoids with the highest virus inhibitory power appear to be herbacetin, isobavachalcone, quercetin 3‐β‐d‐glucoside, and helichrysetin.

Chameleon plant (Houttuynia cordata). In one animal study, Chameleon plant aqueous extract demonstrated significant antiviral activity against the SARS-coronavirus in vivo. The study also found that the herb stimulated the proliferation of mouse splenic lymphocytes in a dose-dependent manner, suggesting it also functions as an immunomodulatory plant.

Chinese medicine preparations. Chinese medicine has been frequently used as an adjunct therapy to treat SARS patients, as evidenced by a Cochrane systematic review that concluded Chinese Medicine as an adjunct therapy "may improve symptoms, quality of life and absorption of pulmonary infiltration, and decrease the corticosteroid dosage for SARS patients". Another study has also proposed ShuFengJieDu Capsules and Lianhuaqingwen Capsule as a potentially effective treatment for 2019 novel coronavirus, considering previous studies demonstrating their ability to both treat and prevent respiratory infectious viruses.

From GreenMedInfo.com
Since day one of this thing, I have been taking Quercetin (a flavonoid mentioned above)

It's key purpose is to help process zink, a vital component which I also take for the same reason

Also, Lecithin helps the  Quercetin to process into one's system so that it can do its thing with zink

At a minimum, plenty of D is a winner. Many hospitals give 50 - even 100 IU for covid patients .. It's one that is almost impossible to OD with
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=435882 time=1642963475 user_id=114

From GreenMedInfo.com

Some good information Seoul..

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

I assume there isn't much licorice root in Twizzler's Licorice......my husband will be disappointed.

:laugh:

cc

Yes. I love black licorice .. but the root is likely not the same & harder to find
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=435903 time=1642969465 user_id=88
Yes. I love black licorice .. but the root is likely not the same & harder to find

That's what I thought..

Too bad though.......it wouldn't need to remind my husband everyday to eat some black licorice.

Anonymous

Pfizer's Paxlovid COVID-19 antiviral pill will be available to a very select number of individuals in Alberta starting Monday..

Health Minister Jason Copping said a first shipment of 3,200 courses of the at-home prescription treatment will be available to eligible individuals on Jan. 31.

Paxlovid can be given to adults 18 and older who are positive for COVID-19 and are experiencing mild or moderate illness, and who are at high risk of becoming more seriously ill..

Health Canada approved the drug last week.

cw_

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=435905 time=1642969849 user_id=3254

That's what I thought..

Too bad though.......it wouldn't need to remind my husband everyday to eat some black licorice.

Drink licorice root tea!!!

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/81c4fIPJAZL._SL1500_.jpg">

Anonymous

Quote from: cw_ post_id=436248 time=1643159593 user_id=3226
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=435905 time=1642969849 user_id=3254

That's what I thought..

Drink licorice root tea!!!

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/81c4fIPJAZL._SL1500_.jpg">

Thank you cw_......I want to buy this.

cw_

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=436273 time=1643164058 user_id=1560:beurk:

You might like it Bricktop.