News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10551
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:15:13 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

All state-run monoclonal antibody treatment sites in Florida are being shut down after U.S. drug regulators revoked emergency use authorization for the two most widely used monoclonals.

The Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) move banned, at least for now, the use of monoclonals produced by Regeneron and Eli Lilly.

The regulator said the most recent information and data showed the treatments are "highly unlikely" to work against the Omicron variant of the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus and the drugs can only be used on patients who are likely to have been infected or exposed to a different variant. Because Omicron is dominant nationwide, the antibodies cannot be used anywhere in the United States at this time.

cc

Has Canada tested monoclonal antibodies for effectiveness?

I have not heard of any EU country mentioning them. Have they tested them?

.. all I have heard is from a cpl of US States.

Just a note: While Florida "said" they were great and displayed very low serious covid injury data .. it was bogus as they were playing games with their stats  .. in fact still are ... they publish 1, 2 , 3 deaths on certain days, then publish blank deaths but the total jumps by 100s (like 400 +) every 3rd of 4th day. No one else is doing that

I have no idea if they work or not, but the number games Florida has been playing for many months now means there is no yardstick to go by .. + using totals, it has had a very bad death / case rate despite their publishing low numbers on most days

I has seen NO other country or state with erratic numbers. I just want to know the truth about them and Florida has not acted in a straight up manner .. so we don't know anything other than words and extremely suspicious (highly erratic) numbers from Florida
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=436329 time=1643213742 user_id=114
All state-run monoclonal antibody treatment sites in Florida are being shut down after U.S. drug regulators revoked emergency use authorization for the two most widely used monoclonals.

The Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) move banned, at least for now, the use of monoclonals produced by Regeneron and Eli Lilly.

The regulator said the most recent information and data showed the treatments are "highly unlikely" to work against the Omicron variant of the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus and the drugs can only be used on patients who are likely to have been infected or exposed to a different variant. Because Omicron is dominant nationwide, the antibodies cannot be used anywhere in the United States at this time.

What?

Bricktop

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=435882 time=1642963475 user_id=114
Naturally occurring whole food-derived substances with proven coronavirus-inhibiting properties.

From GreenMedInfo.com

Nope.

Invalid.

cc

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=436359 time=1643234499 user_id=1560
Naturally occurring whole food-derived substances with proven coronavirus-inhibiting properties.

From GreenMedInfo.com

Nope.

Invalid.

I have no recall of you commenting on Bidchiters. Despite  100s of clearly wonky presentations  .. you said nothing ..

Being as everything is about race today, I must ask  .. Do you have a problem with Asians?

ac_smile
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

Quote from: cc post_id=436366 time=1643239912 user_id=88

I have no recall of you commenting on Bidchiters. Despite  100s of clearly wonky presentations  .. you said nothing ..

Being as everything is about race today, I must ask  .. Do you have a problem with Asians?

ac_smile

Well, thank you for asking.

I make no comment about Bitshite or whatever it's called for one substantial reason.

I have no idea what it is, haven't used it or haven't subscribed to whatever service it provides. Likewise Reddit, Twitter and any other gathering of gaggling geese. Besides my ignorance, there are others, led by yourself, that provide ample and clear comment on it.

I make comment on the citation above because it is my profound belief that "natural" remedies are predominantly a massive scam that capitalises on peoples fears for the health. Thus, a remedy taken from "Ye Olde Book Of Witchcraft", King Henry edition endorsed by an entity with the word "Green" in its name is NOT to be taken seriously.

The criminal deception of these "natural" scammers is that naive and easily persuaded people (aka "women") think that these sugar pills will cure them and thus deny themselves REAL medications and treatment that will in some cases save their lives.

Madcap remedies that come to mind are "magic water", coffee enemas, lemon flushing and the oldest con of the lot, "super vitamins".

I am sure there are some naturally occurring substances that have therapeutic qualities. I have no knowledge of any naturally derived substance which can be verified as equally to or superior to clinical medications.

Natural therapy has its place...but it is a dark corner of the realm of medications and treatments.

Bricktop

Oh, wait...the answer to your question about Asians makes no sense in the context of my post about natural medication.

Kindly clarify why you would ask such a question.

cw_

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=436359 time=1643234499 user_id=1560

From GreenMedInfo.com

Nope.

Invalid.

How do you know? Even if they are not, it is probably like D or zinc-it can't hurt ya.

Bricktop

I believe it can. By committing to "pretend" therapeutic techniques that are unsupported by clear and independent empirical research you may be denying yourself real remedy from scientifically proven treatments.

People feel some animus towards medical technologies. I get that. Many have side effects, and their efficacy can often by minimal to none at all. But they have at least gone through a rigorous and scientific assessment before being marketed. Yes, there have been shocking failures, thalidomide being the most infamous.

But because a clinical remedy does not work, it does not follow that some smooshed up plant root mixed with sugar, chalk and ground shells taken from snails only found in a hidden valley in tibet will be effective.

I had a friend who was a chemist and operated his own retail pharmacy. He also stocked "natural" remedies.

I asked him why he stocks them, full in the knowledge as a medical professional, that they are ineffective.

His answer? "I make a lot of money from them".

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=436385 time=1643242824 user_id=1560
I believe it can. By committing to "pretend" therapeutic techniques that are unsupported by clear and independent empirical research you may be denying yourself real remedy from scientifically proven treatments.

People feel some animus towards medical technologies. I get that. Many have side effects, and their efficacy can often by minimal to none at all. But they have at least gone through a rigorous and scientific assessment before being marketed. Yes, there have been shocking failures, thalidomide being the most infamous.

But because a clinical remedy does not work, it does not follow that some smooshed up plant root mixed with sugar, chalk and ground shells taken from snails only found in a hidden valley in tibet will be effective.

I had a friend who was a chemist and operated his own retail pharmacy. He also stocked "natural" remedies.

I asked him why he stocks them, full in the knowledge as a medical professional, that they are ineffective.

His answer? "I make a lot of money from them".

Brother, travel to China and even India. They got natural remedies they swear will cure whatever ails ya. I have tried a few. No harm done. Most exaggerate what they can do, but so do vitamins. It's like oat bran here. It aint going to prevent a heart attack. But, it aint bad for ya either.

Bricktop

Ditto. I've used natural Chinese remedies in Singapore. No harm done.

But that was for a flu, not a lethal ailment.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=436392 time=1643243312 user_id=1560
Ditto. I've used natural Chinese remedies in Singapore. No harm done.

But that was for a flu, not a lethal ailment.

Like oat bran and preventing heart disease.

Anonymous

Ron DeSantis does not agree with the FDA's decision to pull  emergency use authorization of monoclonal antibody treatments and has vowed to "fight back."

Frood

Blahhhhhh...