News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10553
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:28:38 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by deport_liberals

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Quote from: cc post_id=438401 time=1644440095 user_id=88
Not meaning to be argumentative

:roll:

Frood

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=438399 time=1644438984 user_id=2015
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=438393 time=1644437284 user_id=1676
With Quercetin...

Quercetin is most commonly used for conditions of the heart and blood vessels and to prevent cancer. It is also used for arthritis, bladder infections, and diabetes, but there is no strong scientific evidence to support most of these uses.There is also no good evidence to support using quercetin for COVID-19.

Taken with zinc, it's a game changer.

Maybe read more, talk less?
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Decades-Old Drug May Help Protect Against Severe COVID-19 Symptoms: Study

A drug that was approved by U.S. regulators more than 70 years ago may help protect against two major COVID-19 symptoms, according to a new study.

Disulfiram, approved to treat alcoholism, protected rodents infected with COVID-19 from lung injury in the preclinical study done by researchers at Weill Cornell Medicine and Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory.

Certain white blood cells called neutrophils form inside some people suffering from COVID-19, damaging the lungs. No drugs have yet been found to prevent this from happening, researchers said.

Disulfiram, though, dramatically reduced the formation of neutrophil extracellular traps (NET), which cause fluid to accumulate in the lungs and sometimes lead to blood clots.

The new study and a previous one that linked disulfiram with reduced NET formation and improved survival "suggest that disulfiram could be useful in the management of pathologies involving NETs, including lung injuries, sepsis, thrombosis, and cancer," the researchers said in the paper, which was published by The Journal of Clinical Investigation on Feb. 8.

"As we learn more about the underlying biology of these lung injuries, we may be able to specifically target the processes that are damaging the lung tissue," Dr. Robert Schwartz, an associate professor of medicine in the gastroenterology and hepatology division at Weill Cornell Medicine, said in a statement.

"Currently there aren't any good treatment options for COVID-related lung injury, so disulfiram appears to be worth investigating further in this regard, particularly in severe COVID-19 patients."

Disulfiram has previously been associated in observational studies with lowering the risk of infection from SARS-CoV-2, also known as the CCP virus, which causes COVID-19.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/decades-old-drug-may-help-protect-against-severe-covid-19-symptoms-study_4266727.html?utm_source=morningbriefnoe&utm_campaign=mb-2022-02-10&utm_medium=email&est=pwI5cO%2FzM0s0Q4JMaNtXHk%2B3bgrRiyV3qn6U%2FdCcTxApS%2BMw%2Frk8EHYfSOsBk482Sw%3D%3D">https://www.theepochtimes.com/decades-o ... 82Sw%3D%3D">https://www.theepochtimes.com/decades-old-drug-may-help-protect-against-severe-covid-19-symptoms-study_4266727.html?utm_source=morningbriefnoe&utm_campaign=mb-2022-02-10&utm_medium=email&est=pwI5cO%2FzM0s0Q4JMaNtXHk%2B3bgrRiyV3qn6U%2FdCcTxApS%2BMw%2Frk8EHYfSOsBk482Sw%3D%3D

cc

I would assume it would also help cases of pneumonia damage .. although they don't mention in above
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=438422 time=1644447675 user_id=1560
Quote from: cc post_id=438401 time=1644440095 user_id=88
Not meaning to be argumentative

:roll:

You liked that, eh?

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=438542 time=1644508579 user_id=114
Decades-Old Drug May Help Protect Against Severe COVID-19 Symptoms: Study

A drug that was approved by U.S. regulators more than 70 years ago may help protect against two major COVID-19 symptoms, according to a new study.

Disulfiram, approved to treat alcoholism, protected rodents infected with COVID-19 from lung injury in the preclinical study done by researchers at Weill Cornell Medicine and Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory.

Certain white blood cells called neutrophils form inside some people suffering from COVID-19, damaging the lungs. No drugs have yet been found to prevent this from happening, researchers said.

Disulfiram, though, dramatically reduced the formation of neutrophil extracellular traps (NET), which cause fluid to accumulate in the lungs and sometimes lead to blood clots.

The new study and a previous one that linked disulfiram with reduced NET formation and improved survival "suggest that disulfiram could be useful in the management of pathologies involving NETs, including lung injuries, sepsis, thrombosis, and cancer," the researchers said in the paper, which was published by The Journal of Clinical Investigation on Feb. 8.

"As we learn more about the underlying biology of these lung injuries, we may be able to specifically target the processes that are damaging the lung tissue," Dr. Robert Schwartz, an associate professor of medicine in the gastroenterology and hepatology division at Weill Cornell Medicine, said in a statement.

"Currently there aren't any good treatment options for COVID-related lung injury, so disulfiram appears to be worth investigating further in this regard, particularly in severe COVID-19 patients."

Disulfiram has previously been associated in observational studies with lowering the risk of infection from SARS-CoV-2, also known as the CCP virus, which causes COVID-19.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/decades-old-drug-may-help-protect-against-severe-covid-19-symptoms-study_4266727.html?utm_source=morningbriefnoe&utm_campaign=mb-2022-02-10&utm_medium=email&est=pwI5cO%2FzM0s0Q4JMaNtXHk%2B3bgrRiyV3qn6U%2FdCcTxApS%2BMw%2Frk8EHYfSOsBk482Sw%3D%3D">https://www.theepochtimes.com/decades-o ... 82Sw%3D%3D">https://www.theepochtimes.com/decades-old-drug-may-help-protect-against-severe-covid-19-symptoms-study_4266727.html?utm_source=morningbriefnoe&utm_campaign=mb-2022-02-10&utm_medium=email&est=pwI5cO%2FzM0s0Q4JMaNtXHk%2B3bgrRiyV3qn6U%2FdCcTxApS%2BMw%2Frk8EHYfSOsBk482Sw%3D%3D

Good information Seoul.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Anonymous

According to this study, I am at greater risk now of developing heart disease because I caught and recovered from COVID. For those of you who are fully vaxxed, you have no greater chance of getting cancer.

COVID-19 Increases Risk of Heart Problems, mRNA Vaccines Produce No Extra Side Effects in Cancer Patients: Studies

New research has shed further light on how COVID-19 and vaccines affect the human body, with one study claiming an increased risk of heart problems after contracting the illness and another report suggesting that vaccines generate no additional side effects among those affected by cancer.

Even if some time has passed since a person recovered from COVID-19, they are still vulnerable to heart problems, according to a study of 153,760 U.S. veterans, published in Nature Medicine magazine. These individuals were infected with the novel coronavirus before the vaccines were available.

The study compared the rate of cardiovascular problems in this group against 5.66 million veterans who did not catch the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus and 5.86 million veterans whose health data were collected in 2017.

"Beyond the first 30 [days] after infection, individuals with COVID-19 are at increased risk of incident cardiovascular disease spanning several categories, including cerebrovascular disorders, dysrhythmias, ischemic and non-ischemic heart disease, pericarditis, myocarditis, heart failure, and thromboembolic disease," an abstract of the study stated.

Even among individuals who were not hospitalized during the acute phase of the infection, these "risks and burdens" were observed. Such risks increased in a graded fashion depending on whether the individuals were non-hospitalized, hospitalized, or admitted to intensive care during the acute phase.

[size=150]The risk of cardiovascular disease among those who survive an acute COVID-19 infection is "substantial," the study claimed.[/size]

Researchers recommended that COVID-19 patients undergoing treatment should also be given cardiovascular care.

In another study by the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, researchers looked at how COVID-19 vaccination from Pfizer affected people suffering from cancer; 2,203 individuals took part in the study.

"When patients with cancer were compared with those without cancer, few differences were noted. Active cancer treatment similarly had little influence on adverse event profiles," from the report.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/covid-19-increases-risk-of-heart-problems-mrna-vaccines-produce-no-extra-side-effects-in-cancer-patients-studies_4273998.html?utm_source=morningbriefnoe&utm_campaign=mb-2022-02-13&utm_medium=email&est=K7XWblBH1Rbrq06PEoRItM845rcZx0A9dte3tejYqma6te3QFX0jpEnGptJIspSaPg%3D%3D">https://www.theepochtimes.com/covid-19- ... SaPg%3D%3D">https://www.theepochtimes.com/covid-19-increases-risk-of-heart-problems-mrna-vaccines-produce-no-extra-side-effects-in-cancer-patients-studies_4273998.html?utm_source=morningbriefnoe&utm_campaign=mb-2022-02-13&utm_medium=email&est=K7XWblBH1Rbrq06PEoRItM845rcZx0A9dte3tejYqma6te3QFX0jpEnGptJIspSaPg%3D%3D

cc

^^ Very Good post,  guy

This monster is far worse in the overall long run than most are aware of

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=439143 time=1644772916 user_id=114
According to this study, I am at greater risk now of developing heart disease because I caught and recovered from COVID. For those of you who are fully vaxxed, you have no greater chance of getting cancer.

COVID-19 Increases Risk of Heart Problems, mRNA Vaccines Produce No Extra Side Effects in Cancer Patients: Studies

New research has shed further light on how COVID-19 and vaccines affect the human body, with one study claiming an increased risk of heart problems after contracting the illness and another report suggesting that vaccines generate no additional side effects among those affected by cancer.

Even if some time has passed since a person recovered from COVID-19, they are still vulnerable to heart problems, according to a study of 153,760 U.S. veterans, published in Nature Medicine magazine. These individuals were infected with the novel coronavirus before the vaccines were available.

The study compared the rate of cardiovascular problems in this group against 5.66 million veterans who did not catch the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus and 5.86 million veterans whose health data were collected in 2017.

"Beyond the first 30 [days] after infection, individuals with COVID-19 are at increased risk of incident cardiovascular disease spanning several categories, including cerebrovascular disorders, dysrhythmias, ischemic and non-ischemic heart disease, pericarditis, myocarditis, heart failure, and thromboembolic disease," an abstract of the study stated.

Even among individuals who were not hospitalized during the acute phase of the infection, these "risks and burdens" were observed. Such risks increased in a graded fashion depending on whether the individuals were non-hospitalized, hospitalized, or admitted to intensive care during the acute phase.

That's disheartening for those of you recovered from COVID.

cw_

All the more reason to eat well and take your vitamins, esp. vit D.

cc

Right. Lots of D

Some zinc & C also to set the immune system up to be strong going in.

I also add quercetin which get's zinc into action

cc

cw, would  you please  consider removing that banner in your sig.

It's not the subject, It's that no one here uses any image in their sig

From the very beginning of this site, all having a sig use only simple text which makes for a cleaner look to the site

.. and if it triggers several to do it, we would have an eyesore here not worth visiting instead of the clean site we have

For example, I had added bold colored text & realized it was not a good plan .. so removed it soon as I realized it

cue Brick for castigation  ac_biggrin

cw_

Quote from: cc post_id=439173 time=1644786483 user_id=88
cw, would  you please  consider removing that banner in your sig.

It's not the subject, It's that no one here uses any image in their sig

From the very beginning of this site, all having a sig use only simple text which makes for a cleaner look to the site

.. and if it triggers several to do it, we would have an eyesore here not worth visiting instead of the clean site we have

For example, I had added bold colored text & realized it was not a good plan .. so removed it soon as I realized it

Sure.  Done.  

I blame leopardsocks for calling for sigs.

cc

Thanks

LOL. I blame him for everything also

Don't worry. I'll never put you in my sig ... at least not personally  :wink:

Bricktop

Quote from: cc post_id=439173 time=1644786483 user_id=88

I never miss a cue.

Have you heard of the Streisand effect?