News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10554
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:33:35 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

Quote from: Herman post_id=444762 time=1648268547 user_id=1689
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=444760 time=1648268255 user_id=3254
Quote from: cc post_id=444756 time=1648268091 user_id=88
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=444737 time=1648259317 user_id=3254
Quebec is going to offer fourth doses to at risk groups as case counts rise.

And they are rising quite rapidly this week

I suspect all will get on board fairly soon on that dose issue

Will a fourth dose make a difference?

No
On what basis do you say that?

All science (and simple street logic) from the very start says that the higher quantity of protective material in a person, the lower the chances of infection

Will some older people with it stop a potential overall rise in cases. No.

Will it help those who have it, of course it will .. and to a degree result in less overall spread .. the overall spread  being a direct factor of how many are vaccinated and how well
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Look at Israel. How has 3rd and 4th doses worked for them? Has it controlled the spread.

cc

"Controlled, of course not .... "controlled"  is a misleading .. even dishonest term that is too often used to distort the reality

"Reduced" is a more accurate and far more honest term

Anonymous

I too thought the point of vaccines was to prevent the spread..

And that was the case with the original COVID..

The recent variants not so much to perhaps not at all..

But, they likely still seem to work at reducing severity.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=444790 time=1648316196 user_id=3254

All they have ever done, or were intended to do is "reduce" spread

For a multitude of reasons, one being compliance & another being effectiveness, It is physically impossible to "prevent all" spread - That would mean zero cases which is impossible to achieve - and totally unrealistic to even attempt)

That said, it is realistic to "reduce" spread (to varying degrees depending on extent of efforts and methods used)

Some politicians have used the word "prevent" to disingenuously promote their ends ... but we should never take their words literally

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=444792 time=1648316734 user_id=88
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=444790 time=1648316196 user_id=3254

All they have ever done, or were intended to do is "reduce" spread

For a multitude of reasons, one being compliance & another being effectiveness, It is physically impossible to "prevent all" spread - That would mean zero cases which is impossible to achieve - and totally unrealistic to even attempt)

That said, it is realistic to "reduce" spread (to varying degrees depending on extent of efforts and methods used)

Some politicians have used the word "prevent" to disingenuously promote their ends ... but we should never take their words literally

The current vaccines haven't been as effective at preventing the spread of Omicron.

Anonymous

Are they even telling us to vaccinated anymore?

cc

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=444796 time=1648318643 user_id=3254
Quote from: cc post_id=444792 time=1648316734 user_id=88
..................... it is realistic to "reduce" spread (to varying degrees depending on extent of efforts and methods used)

The current vaccines haven't been as effective at preventing the spread of Omicron.

That is true. Still (and apart from keeping many times more alive by 5 / 1 ) they also are reducing cases among the vaxxed, albeit not at the same rate as initially.

Wherever the virus is, and irrespective of how high or low the numbers are  in any place at any given time, the numbers are always noticeably lower among the vaxxed

Again, it was never the intention to "totally control" or "stop" it. The intention from the start was to "reduce" it and that is still happening today and everywhere vaccines have been employed

Anonymous

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has given the green light to a second round of booster shots for all Americans over the age of 50..

The decision now lies in the hands of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as to how to implement the new authorization.

Anonymous

Starting this Friday, Apr 1, the COVID-19 antiviral drug Paxlovid will be available in more pharmacies across Alberta.

Anonymous

The incompetent Biden administration has ordered 14 additional states to stop using a COVID-19 treatment made by GlaxoSmithKline and Vir Biotechnology.

The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) said on March 30 that it has paused shipments of the drug sotrovimab to the states, bringing the total number of states that are no longer receiving doses to 22.

The states are Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, and Wisconsin in the Midwest; Arizona, California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington in the West; and Alaska and Hawaii.

Sotrovimab, a monoclonal antibody, was granted emergency use authorization for treating patients with mild-to-moderate COVID-19 who are designated as at high risk for progressing to severe cases.

cc

I have no recall of a Govt allowing some areas a drug but not others .. that's weird .. most items are all or none

How could they justify that? .............. Oh wait .. our govts  don't have to justify anything in real terms

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=445631 time=1649175661 user_id=88
I have no recall of a Govt allowing some areas a drug but not others .. that's weird .. most items are all or none

Unless the supply is limited and areas that need it least don't get the treatments.

cc

BC threw out all the rules today

Vaccine cards mandatory nowhere - masks mandatory nowhere

At least they allow and support all business who wish to demand masks and / or vaccine cards

That's a saving factor to the smart owners who understand how the game works (and his regular customers) in a very very tough business