News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10554
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:33:35 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Breakfall

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=449648 time=1652182751 user_id=3254
Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=449633 time=1652158302 user_id=3358
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=449544 time=1652131847 user_id=3254
Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=449458 time=1652077094 user_id=3358
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=425256 time=1635432676 user_id=3254

I hope you know what you're doing Bonkerfist.

Still haven't suffered any symptoms of Covid 19...but then I don't get the common cold either. I ducked into Victoria last month. Everyone has to be distanced at the airport and then we all sit cramped on the plane? Some strange rationale there. I should have payed extra for business class!

Some of the restrictions make no sense.

Absolutely...but they're doing their part in policing. It's a losing battle given that masks don't even work effectively. The virus is with us and we have to either adapt or die trying.

I think with the strain we have now, we'll survive.

We've had over 175 strains or more in relation to the common cold viruses worldwide without ever finding a cure to date...and most survived. When your immune system is blown, you're susceptible.

My mate and I went to Melbourne on that surf trip I mentioned. He and I were never aware of ever falling ill to Coronavirus. But how's this... he scaped his knee and developed a staphylococcus infection which all points to the communal wave pool. While his immune system was compromised to contracted corona! Hey??? Ill luck...

Frood

Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=449837 time=1652343021 user_id=3358

Still haven't suffered any symptoms of Covid 19...but then I don't get the common cold either. I ducked into Victoria last month. Everyone has to be distanced at the airport and then we all sit cramped on the plane? Some strange rationale there. I should have payed extra for business class!

Absolutely...but they're doing their part in policing. It's a losing battle given that masks don't even work effectively. The virus is with us and we have to either adapt or die trying.

We've had over 175 strains or more in relation to the common cold viruses worldwide without ever finding a cure to date...and most survived. When your immune system is blown, you're susceptible.

My mate and I went to Melbourne on that surf trip I mentioned. He and I were never aware of ever falling ill to Coronavirus. But how's this... he scaped his knee and developed a staphylococcus infection which all points to the communal wave pool. While his immune system was compromised to contracted corona! Hey??? Ill luck...

He had the jab and caught a staph infection in a highly sterilised body of water? This is me just trying to get it right here.

Those pools would either be chlorine or salt water based, possibly both, and even perhaps UV cleaned on top of that.

Nobody should be getting staph in that environment.
Blahhhhhh...

Breakfall

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=449838 time=1652345107 user_id=1676

He had the jab and caught a staph infection in a highly sterilised body of water? This is me just trying to get it right here.

Those pools would either be chlorine or salt water based, possibly both, and even perhaps UV cleaned on top of that.

Nobody should be getting staph in that environment.

One would think so, but what about stepping out of a chlorinated facility? Common pathways, shower and bathroom areas? He also had a foot scape on account of the concrete bottom. Coincidentally one of his mates got staph from a public swimming pool in a separate occasion. I'm concluding that the bodies of chlorinated water wouldn't necessarily cause the infection, but rather other convergence zones?? He doesn't have O+ blood type either. Lol

Anonymous

Staph infections are scary.

Breakfall

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=449851 time=1652355653 user_id=3254

Staph infections are scary.

Oh yeah...thank fuck for penicillin. I hate visiting hospitals for that same reason. Staphylococcus is virtually synonymous with hospitals. Every time I needed to visit someone in them, I left feeling dirty. I have a hygienic OCD. I don't even like talking antibiotics because my gastric bacterial flora is exceptional. It took me literally years to nurture my gut garden. Even my farts don't smell...I shit you not!  :laugh3:

Anonymous

U.S. regulators have rejected a request to grant emergency authorization to a cheap drug for the treatment of COVID-19, drawing criticism from one of the doctors that asked for the clearance.

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA), in a 27-page memorandum explaining its decision, said that the benefit of fluvoxamine was "not persuasive when focusing on clinically meaningful outcomes such as proportion of patients experiencing hospitalizations or hospitalizations and deaths."

A review of clinical trials that have examined fluvoxamine, a widely used antidepressant, against COVID-19 led to the conclusion that the data at this time are insufficient for emergency clearance, the FDA added.

cc

fluvoxamine is used in OCD and several different types of mental illness

"Today, there is: antiviral drug Paxlovid. Even fluvoxamine's strongest advocates agree that Paxlovid works a lot better — it appears to reduce severe disease by 80 to 90 percent. And while this winter Paxlovid was scarce, today there are plenty of doses in the US — though many sick Americans still have trouble accessing the drug because of a lack of primary care doctors they can talk to, while too many doctors remain misinformed about when to prescribe it."

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2022/5/20/23107842/emergency-approval-fda-rejected-fluvoxamine-covid-drug">https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2022 ... covid-drug">https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2022/5/20/23107842/emergency-approval-fda-rejected-fluvoxamine-covid-drug

Another disadvantage it has was  it's way past patent, so cheap that no big pharma would get behind it and do larger studies than the small McMaster one used
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=450937 time=1653063320 user_id=88
fluvoxamine is used in OCD and several different types of mental illness

"Today, there is: antiviral drug Paxlovid. Even fluvoxamine's strongest advocates agree that Paxlovid works a lot better — it appears to reduce severe disease by 80 to 90 percent. And while this winter Paxlovid was scarce, today there are plenty of doses in the US — though many sick Americans still have trouble accessing the drug because of a lack of primary care doctors they can talk to, while too many doctors remain misinformed about when to prescribe it."

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2022/5/20/23107842/emergency-approval-fda-rejected-fluvoxamine-covid-drug">https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2022 ... covid-drug">https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2022/5/20/23107842/emergency-approval-fda-rejected-fluvoxamine-covid-drug

Do you know if doctors are prescribing Paxlovid for COVID patients in Canada?

cc

I'm not finding current, but it had been used for a while now for "symptomatic adults with mild to moderate COVID-19 who are at high risk of serious illness, including hospitalization or death"

So far, I can't find any easing up on use of it. I had assumed reasoning for tight control was initially because of sparse poor availability, but it should be more available now

I'll keep eyes open for changes / updates - I'm interested in that becoming more used
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=450947 time=1653063973 user_id=88
I'm not finding current, but it had been used for a while now for "symptomatic adults with mild to moderate COVID-19 who are at high risk of serious illness, including hospitalization or death"

So far, I can't find any easing up on use of it. I had assumed reasoning for tight control was initially because of sparse poor availability, but it should be more available now

I'll keep eyes open for changes / updates - I'm interested in that becoming more used

After I posted, I did a check and I couldn't find much information.

caskur

I got vaccinated on the 1st March with Novavax... then I was supposed to get vaccinated 3 weeks later but the surgeon said no I was too sick... I had to wait until I was discharged from hospital.. I ended up getting the 2nd jab a month later.

Novavax is 2 shots 3 weeks apart and you are not allowed to have been vaccinated with the other mRNA varieties.

I felt so good and so safe getting the novavax shots.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: caskur post_id=450990 time=1653067603 user_id=2156
I got vaccinated on the 1st March with Novavax... then I was supposed to get vaccinated 3 weeks later but the surgeon said no I was too sick... I had to wait until I was discharged from hospital.. I ended up getting the 2nd jab a month later.

Novavax is 2 shots 3 weeks apart and you are not allowed to have been vaccinated with the other mRNA varieties.

The best protection against catching omicron was catching the original variant.

caskur

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=450995 time=1653068264 user_id=114
Quote from: caskur post_id=450990 time=1653067603 user_id=2156

The best protection against catching omicron was catching the original variant.

I would have died. I have underlying health issues.

No one in our community in Western Australia got covid. Our border was strictly controlled. On Christmas day 2021 an infected French backpacker snuck in to WA... he seeded the backpacker hostel... anyway, 95 % of WA people are vaccinated... my sister caught it and her ordeal lasted 4 days but she was triple vaccinated...her husband and son never caught it from her which I found AMAZING. 13 of my cousins caught it and all were sick except one daughter was asymptomatic and didn't get sick.

I am absolutely terrified of getting it while I have a huge wound. I don't think I could cope with the headache and fatigue... I think I would commit suicide. I am serious.

We now have 85 or 86 thousand currently infected with Omicron.... last I heard convid has mutated over 35 times.

I am pretty sure we are the most vaccinated state on the planet... 95% is a high rate.

I am still living the hermit lifestyle...mainly due to my infection with a superbug so in away I am safer than most.

I am really really pissed off having the borders opened... our lifestyle WAS second to none... also, people travelled around our state holidaying and  instead of spending 6 billion overseas, it was spent in the state.

There are that many people coming to Perth from the Eastern States I HATE it with a passion... the traffic is ridiculous.

Anyway... I could go on and on but I need to sleep.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

I agree caskur, it's not good for some people to get immunity naturally.

Breakfall

Thank fuck I don't put nasties into my body. To think people would blindly trust the government and inject super-unknowns into their bloodstreams in this day and age... is nothing short of stupidity. Hell...most of these Guinea Pigs don't even know their bloody blood type. Educate yourselves people...and realise that some of you are putting yourselves at unnecessary risk. Two and a half years later and Bonkers is living it strong. Natural immunisation rulz baby! Well, at least in this ludicrous Covid shitshow. Lol