News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10554
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:33:35 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caskur

Quote from: "seoulbro"In China, only 2.4% of reported cases were children and only 0.2% of reported cases were critically ill children, according to the World Health Organization. China hasn't reported a case of a young child dying of COVID-19.

The coronavirus has proved especially deadly at the other end of the age spectrum. The fatality rate in China for those over 80 is an estimated 21.9%, WHO says.

For ages 10 to 39, however, the fatality rate is roughly 0.2%, according to a separate study drawing on patient records of 44,672 confirmed cases.

Not so severe And fatalities and severe symptoms are almost non-existent at younger ages.

That means COVID-19 is behaving differently from other viruses, like influenza, which are usually dangerous for the very young and very old.

"With respiratory infections like this, we usually see a U-shaped curve on who gets hit hardest: Young children at one end of the U because their immune systems aren't yet developed and old people at the other end because their immune systems grow weaker," said Vineet Menachery, a virologist at the University of Texas Medical Branch.

Figuring out why children are mostly unaffected could lead to breakthroughs in understanding how and why the virus works.

Hmmm, maybe kids are vaccinated against many illnesses and those vaccines (like whooping cough vaccine) cause children to have higher tolerances to covid-19 but I think it's all bullshit.

Not everyone who has died has been tested. The fascilities aren't there to test everyone.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "cc"More victims albeit indirectly

https://www.foxnews.com/world/iran-coronavirus-dozens-die-bootleg-alcohol-poisoning">Dozens in Iran die from drinking bootleg alcohol to prevent coronavirus infection: reports

Dozens of people in Iran died after drinking industrial-strength alcohol amid rumors it would prevent them from contracting the coronavirus, according to reports Tuesday.

The state-run Islamic Republic News Agency, or IRNA, reported Tuesday that 44 people had died from alcohol poisoning in the country after they "drank bootleg alcohol over rumors that it would be effective in treating coronavirus." But the semi-independent Mehr News Agency reported a lower figure – at least 27 people dying in Iran from alcohol poisoning amid the coronavirus scare.

To prevent coronavirus infection.

:laugh:

Is that why Herman drinks barrel wash......to prevent getting coronavirus.

Neither Herman or myself have the virus, just sayin'  ac_cool
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

The World Health Organization has officially declared it a pandemic.

Frood

Quote from: "seoulbro"The World Health Organization has officially declared it a pandemic.

That horse bolted long ago...
Blahhhhhh...

cc

Quote from: "Blazor"

https://www.foxnews.com/world/iran-coronavirus-dozens-die-bootleg-alcohol-poisoning">Dozens in Iran die from drinking bootleg alcohol to prevent coronavirus infection: reports

Dozens of people in Iran died after drinking industrial-strength alcohol amid rumors it would prevent them from contracting the coronavirus, according to reports Tuesday.

The state-run Islamic Republic News Agency, or IRNA, reported Tuesday that 44 people had died from alcohol poisoning in the country after they "drank bootleg alcohol over rumors that it would be effective in treating coronavirus." But the semi-independent Mehr News Agency reported a lower figure – at least 27 people dying in Iran from alcohol poisoning amid the coronavirus scare.

Nor do the 44 fools in Iran   ac_cool
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Blazor

Quote from: "cc"
Quote from: "Blazor"

Nor do the 44 fools in Iran   ac_cool

hahaha, they sure didnt get the virus!  :laugh:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

caskur

Death toll in Italy rises

Illustrating the severity and speed of the spread of the virus, Italian officials said the country now had 12,462 infections, a rise of more than 2,000, with 827 deaths.

Denmark has now adopted aggressive moves, closing schools and bars and so forth.

Watch out Finland... you're next.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Vancouver

Today I managed to get my hands on a big bottle of hand sanitizer from a newspaper booth for only $10.
Time is malleable

cc

Just in:

US to stop most flights from  EU for minimum 30 days .. except from UK

EU was slow to act seriously .. so is to a large degree is cut off

Anonymous

Actor Tom Hanks and his wife have tested positive for the coronavirus.

cc

Looks like NBA suspends balance of season

Not connected, but one player has preliminarily tested positive

Anonymous

Actors and athletes have it, now progs will actually want to contain it.

Vancouver

Quote from: "Fashionista"Actor Tom Hanks and his wife have tested positive for the coronavirus.

They got it while in Australia.

"Actor Tom Hanks has tested positive for the novel coronavirus.

Hanks, 63, posted on Instagram on Wednesday that while in Australia, he and wife Rita Wilson came down with symptoms resembling a cold, as well as body aches and slight fevers."
Time is malleable

Anonymous

There is a rumour that CP is bringing in a policy that if an employee flies anywhere they must self quarantine.

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"Actor Tom Hanks and his wife have tested positive for the coronavirus.

And he is an old man with diabetes.
- Andy Warhol