News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10547
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 04, 2024, 10:46:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 8 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Blazor

Shampain posted a video over yonder, it was a 47 minute civilian video compilation from over in China. Its not on Youtube. Ho....ly.....shit. Bodies in the streets and so much more. Once I get him to show me how to copy the link (I dont see one), I'll share it here.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

cc

https://www.foxnews.com/science/chloroquine-potential-coronavirus-treatment">Here's How Chloroquine Works - It was used for SARS

"The way that it worked against SARS was by preventing of the attachment of the virus to the cells. Chloroquine interfered with the attachment to that receptor on the cell membrane surface," Dr. Len Horovitz, a pulmonologist and internist at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City, told ABC News. "So it's disrupting a lock and key kind of mechanism of attachment."

"The way that it worked against SARS was by preventing of the attachment of the virus to the cells. Chloroquine interfered with the attachment to that receptor on the cell membrane surface," Dr. Len Horovitz, a pulmonologist and internist at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City, told ABC News. "So it's disrupting a lock and key kind of mechanism of attachment."

Govt has ordered large quantities
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Blazor

Damn, this thread might surpass my Blazor thread by this time next month lolol.

cc

Quote from: "Blazor"Damn, this thread might surpass my Blazor thread by this time next month lolol.

Hope not - Hope it's under control  soon

Then I'll merely gloat for a post or 5  and then stop posting on it

ac_biggrin

Blazor

Quote from: "cc"Hope not - Hope it's under control  soon

Then I'll merely gloat a bit and stop posting on it

ac_biggrin

I hope its over soon too CC. I've been cooped up all winter, and now its getting warm out. I'll be damned if I stay cooped up all summer! Its 80 here today (26). The flowers and buds are blooming. I even played my fiddle outside today haha.

Gaon

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Gaon"
Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "cc"Thanks guys  .. This one mattered to me ...

There has been more at stake that ever has been in our lifetimes .. and I knew it so I could not help to  be motivated

I also knew there were "likely" cures already available  .. more motivation

I didn't get nervous during the 2008 financial crisis. I knew the stimulus measures would work. Not so this time.

I lost my job back in 2008.

This shit right now, is crazy.

I lost my job. That is why I am posting here now.

I know  :empathy:

I wish you the best man  ac_drinks

Thank you Blazor. I hope I can go back to work soon.
The Russian Rock It

cc

If our PM suddenly grows Trump balls, (or gets shamed into action by T) you will be back to work in a while - hope so for you

Me, I'm cooped up - Had sever pneumonia last month, so being VERY careful .. stocked up & holed up.

AWFUL !!!! Italy +5,322 new cases overnight - Well Over 1/2 of new  cases for entire world .. A Hell

Blazor

Quote from: "cc"

Me, I'm cooped up - Had sever pneumonia last month, so being VERY careful .. stocked up & holed up.

Oh damn!

My mother in law has pneumonia right now, and cancer. Hoping she does ok. She just got out of the hospital last week.

Also I think I have an allergy induced sore throat. Feels like a very mild cold, but I feel fine other than my throat. Been like this since Sunday/Monday.

Blazor

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "cc"Thanks guys  .. This one mattered to me ...

There has been more at stake that ever has been in our lifetimes .. and I knew it so I could not help to  be motivated

I also knew there were "likely" cures already available  .. more motivation

I didn't get nervous during the 2008 financial crisis. I knew the stimulus measures would work. Not so this time.

I lost my job back in 2008.

This shit right now, is crazy.

I lost my job. That is why I am posting here now.

I know  :empathy:

I wish you the best man  ac_drinks

Thank you Blazor. I hope I can go back to work soon.

I hope so too. Hope you get some kind of benefit for your time off.

Odinson

Anonymous

Oh damn!

My mother in law has pneumonia right now, and cancer. Hoping she does ok. She just got out of the hospital last week.

Also I think I have an allergy induced sore throat. Feels like a very mild cold, but I feel fine other than my throat. Been like this since Sunday/Monday.

Hey, sorry about your mother in law Blazor. Vulnerable populations need to practice extreme isolation.

Odinson

Oh damn!

Mother in law?

I thought you were divorced, single and ready to mingle?

Blazor

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

Oh damn!

Hey, sorry about your mother in law Blazor. Vulnerable populations need to practice extreme isolation.

She mostly stays at home anyway, she will prolly be fine. Thanks though  ac_smile

Blazor

Quote from: "Odinson"

Oh damn!

Mother in law?

I thought you were divorced, single and ready to mingle?

Im widowed lol. So I never lost touch with her parents, they are cool. I always liked them more than her too lol.

Not single at the moment, had a gf the past several years lol.

Blazor

I spoke too soon earlier, first case here in Roanoke now.

Still no toilet paper anywhere. I did ask the lady at WalMart about that, she said they stock it at night while they closed, but its gone right after they open. I went to Lowes, WalMart, Kroger, and Dollar General, all out. Did find some tissues at Dollar General though lol. Figured my son with allergies could blow his nose on those instead of going through the last 3 rolls of TP.