The best topic

Replies: 8530
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 06:52:17 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

What would siblings do?

Started by Frood, February 25, 2020, 06:09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"
Quote from: "Fashionista"How many brothers and sisters do you have DD?

Do they live in Australia?

4... and they live all over the world...

Wow, big family.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"How many brothers and sisters do you have DD?

Do they live in Australia?

4... and they live all over the world...

I only have one younger brother.....he lives in rural Manitoba.

@realAzhyaAryola

I always say that no matter what reason anyone gives, all arrangements should be set out legally so everyone is clear where things are and what can and cannot be done.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Family dynamics always, always change.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Frood

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"I always say that no matter what reason anyone gives, all arrangements should be set out legally so everyone is clear where things are and what can and cannot be done.

Yeah... we never needed to before... the family worked these things out...

...and the parents briefly toyed with putting a historical/heritage listing on the property decades ago but it was too constrictive and impractical.. small changes to it would become major hurdles...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"I always say that no matter what reason anyone gives, all arrangements should be set out legally so everyone is clear where things are and what can and cannot be done.

I would hate to waste money on lawyers because family members won't honour a verbal agreement.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

I would hate to waste money on lawyers because family members won't honour a verbal agreement.

Verbal agreements go out the window a lot of times. Waste money on things worthwhile. The family you thought would never cut you down will. Believe me. It has been proven.
@realAzhyaAryola

Frood

We've had rare instances many years ago where relatives have gone rogue (usually people who married into the family), but we banded together and ostracized them/blocked their action.

We even has a blood relative cheat on her husband and try to drag her new beau to family gatherings... they were barred from attending and we made sure her hubby was always there... (cuz he's family)... She eventually gave up and they reconciled...  :laugh3:
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"

Verbal agreements go out the window a lot of times. Waste money on things worthwhile. The family you thought would never cut you down will. Believe me. It has been proven.

Verbal agreements go out the window with people who are not blood. That is when you need papers drawn up by scumbag lawyers.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"

Verbal agreements go out the window with people who are not blood. That is when you need papers drawn up by scumbag lawyers.

And as usual, the lawyers are always the winners.  :laugh3:
@realAzhyaAryola

caskur

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"He's doing it.

I slammed the phone down on him the other day. I will never talk to that piece of shit again.

The house is supposed to stay in the family.

He double crossed the family... and nobody wants to call him out about it directly...except me...

Give another sibling the first opportunity to buy it.

They can buy it off him.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Frood

He wants 4 times the original price and 3 times the value..

He is dead to me now...
Blahhhhhh...

caskur

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"He wants 4 times the original price and 3 times the value..

He is dead to me now...

Do you think he is lucky enough to get 75% more in interest in 5 years for an old property?

This day and age, people aren't going to pay for an over-inflated piece of property.

You could go see a lawyer for free for the first 30 minute consultation.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Frood

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"He wants 4 times the original price and 3 times the value..

He is dead to me now...

Do you think he is lucky enough to get 75% more in interest in 5 years for an old property?

This day and age, people aren't going to pay for an over-inflated piece of property.

You could go see a lawyer for free for the first 30 minute consultation.

He sunk in 200k for what would have been a 150k property outright... but he got it for around 110k because family discount...

Since then, he's transformed a 1860's farmhouse into a stainless steel monstrosity, erected huge pole barns where the heritage buildings used to be, and has sought to pervert a family homestead into something that is an eyesore...

He's  a cocksucker...plain and simple...
Blahhhhhh...

caskur

You have to let it go.... hard as it is.

I'm glad you cursed him out.

A few days ago, some unauthorized person vandalized one of my small native trees... He left a note with his mobile number. I rang it and blasted the shit out of him.

I was able to move on. I cannot undo what he did.

I hope there are family pictures of the homestead...if there are, mount them.
- Andy Warhol