Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:28:20 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

Higher Income Canadians Pay Too Much, Poor Are Leeches

Started by Anonymous, September 22, 2013, 12:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

So-called progressive taxation is the dumbest idea ever invented. Rewards lazy, unskilled assholes and punishes the diligent.

Quote"Stop the war on the poor, make the rich pay!" This is one of the most common refrains of the social justice protest movement. Anytime the rent-a-mob protests something, this line will no doubt be heard at some point throughout the festivities.

A bit of a head-scratcher. Seeing as common sense suggests the rich already do pay. Don't they already pay a whole whack of taxes? Isn't that the whole concept behind our tiered tax levels?

Yup. And the latest installment of the National Household Survey from Statistics Canada that looks at income distribution just confirms it.

The top 10% of earners received 28.1% of the income in 2010. For those who think that's unfair, take a look at the next indicator. That top earning group paid out 42.1% of the nation's income tax.

Then there's this nugget: "Looking at both income tax and government transfers, collectively, people in the bottom half of the income distribution received more in government transfers than they paid in income taxes overall." So our tax system already does a pretty solid job of taking from the rich and giving to the poor. Hello Robin Hood.

Here's how it breaks down.

Total Canadian income was $1.1 trillion in 2010.

Of this 12.4% came from government transfers. Meaning the government shuffled around $136 billion that year, from one group to another.

Seventy percent of Canadians received some form of government transfer. That's a lot.

But remember that includes tax credits.

Not all of those people are on the dole. In fact, only 13% received government transfers as their only income source.

That's still a shame. Not just because everyone else is shelling out for this. But because these people clearly aren't living up to their potential.

A caring society should lend a hand. We're glad we already do.

But when it comes to "doing more," let's not pretend that just upping the government transfers is the way to do it. Our society is redistributionist enough. If there's a war on anyone, let's be honest, it's a war on the makers.

Odinson

Multi-culturalism means that we are helping the weak like we are a bunch of Jesus´s.

Solidarism/tolerism and overall hippie wussyism.

Besides we are already providing security, a living, medical care and education for these yahoos and still they are unable to get off their fat asses.

Some people just don´t get it and they should just simply die.

But because we have these babysitters in our government whom feel sorry for these poor little bug-eyed human waste, we have to love them and nurture them.

And we are not allowed to say anything negative or else we are thrown to jail for hate speech.

Gary Oak

Chugaboos are the biggest problem for taxpayers. Shut down the reserves with all their corrupt band councils then cut off their Big Bear money. Make the lazy bums work for a living.

Romero

For quite some time now, incomes for the top 10% have grown the highest and their tax rates have lowered.

For the middle and poor class, taxes have remained about the same and wages are stagnant.

The top 10% are making and keeping lots more money than they did years ago.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"For quite some time now, incomes for the top 10% have grown the highest and their tax rates have lowered.

For the middle and poor class, taxes have remained about the same and wages are stagnant.

At least you don't deny that successful Canadians are the ones who pay the most. However, taxes and fees for all Canadians continue to rise. Canadians are now paying about 43% of their income in taxes and about 37% for basic necessities. This compares to less than 1/3 50 years ago.

While salaries have certainly risen over time, the tax burden has risen much more quickly.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Romero"For quite some time now, incomes for the top 10% have grown the highest and their tax rates have lowered.

At least you don't deny that successful Canadians are the ones who pay the most. However, taxes and fees for all Canadians continue to rise. Canadians are now paying about 43% of their income in taxes and about 37% for basic necessities. This compares to less than 1/3 50 years ago.

While salaries have certainly risen over time, the tax burden has risen much more quickly.

progressive income taxes are a crime against humanity......if the rich took the taxes they pay and funded a private army they could tell those fucking welfare freeloaders to fuck off and die.....then go to ottawa and kill all the politicians and install their own local administrators....then they should kill all the lawyers and judges and cops......then they should tell the natives to get a job....the tap just got shut off.....then then should make me king and i would rule beneignly forever...what a plan.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"

progressive income taxes are a crime against humanity......if the rich took the taxes they pay and funded a private army they could tell those fucking welfare freeloaders to fuck off and die.....then go to ottawa and kill all the politicians and install their own local administrators....then they should kill all the lawyers and judges and cops......then they should tell the natives to get a job....the tap just got shut off.....then then should make me king and i would rule beneignly forever...what a plan.

your majesty ;)

Anonymous

The taxes that I notice that go up the most frequently are fees for licenses, vehicle registration and taxes on our house.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"The taxes that I notice that go up the most frequently are fees for licenses, vehicle registration and taxes on our house.

You can bank on them going up regularly.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Gary Oak"Chugaboos are the biggest problem for taxpayers. Shut down the reserves with all their corrupt band councils then cut off their Big Bear money. Make the lazy bums work for a living.

chugaboo....big bear money... :lol:  I got a got a good chuckle on that one!  :lol:

Renee

When that happens I might just consider becoming a Canadian.  :lol:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

When that happens I might just consider becoming a Canadian.  :lol:

When that happens I might just consider acting like one. :lol: