The best topic

Replies: 10568
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:58:34 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 23 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

Ontario, after rising numbers by 1,000 / day  a  week ago, now has now has steady higher numbers than before ... Saturday upwards to today

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=396783 time=1609953045 user_id=88
Travel band only make sense.

This is one restriction all East Asian countries implemented..

Canada and the US have travel bans, but there are so many exemptions, it's rendered them useless.

cc

Agreed. Exceptions kill the good done by bans

I fail to understand that if travel is deadly for many people travelers can affect, how can there be even a single exemption / exception??

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=396792 time=1609960141 user_id=88
Agreed. Exceptions kill the good done by bans

I fail to understand that if travel is deadly for many people travelers can affect, how can there be even a single exemption / exception??

Everybody agrees.

Anonymous

Ontario is reporting 3,266 new cases of the coronavirus on Wednesday, bringing the provincial total to 200,626.

The province first reached 100,000 total cumulative cases on Nov. 20 after seven months since the pandemic was declared in mid-March. In just a month and a half Ontario accumulated another 100,000 reported infections surpassing 200,000.

Anonymous

Alberta had 1,123 new cases, and twenty five deaths today..

Children are heading back to school next week, but plans could change depending on Alberta's top doctor's advice.

cc

TORONTO -- https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/early-plasma-therapy-may-help-prevent-severe-covid-19-in-patients-over-age-65-study-1.5255678">A new study has found that administering convalescent plasma with a high concentration of antibodies against COVID-19 early on in mildly ill older adults may help reduced the progression of the disease.

The study, conducted by Argentina-based non-profit FundaciĆ³n Infant, found that convalescent plasma therapy could "significantly reduce" the need for oxygen support among COVID-19 patients over 65 years old if administered within 72 hours after the onset of symptoms.

Lead investigator of the study, Dr. Fernando Polack, said in a press release the findings suggest a new approach for the treatment of older COVID-19 patients and could help address an "important gap" in the therapies currently available.

"There is a paucity of therapies today to prevent progression of mild cases to severe illness and no clear pathway for keeping these patients out of hospitals, where capacity continues to be stretched. Our results provide a roadmap for an early intervention among individuals at higher risk, allowing us to expect a better prognosis for patients while reducing the need for oxygen support and hospitalization," Polack said.

The findings were published Wednesday in the New England Journal of Medicine.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=396826 time=1609980384 user_id=88
TORONTO -- A new study has found that administering convalescent plasma with a high concentration of antibodies against COVID-19 early on in mildly ill older adults may help reduced the progression of the disease.

The study, conducted by Argentina-based non-profit FundaciĆ³n Infant, found that convalescent plasma therapy could "significantly reduce" the need for oxygen support among COVID-19 patients over 65 years old if administered within 72 hours after the onset of symptoms.

Lead investigator of the study, Dr. Fernando Polack, said in a press release the findings suggest a new approach for the treatment of older COVID-19 patients and could help address an "important gap" in the therapies currently available.

"There is a paucity of therapies today to prevent progression of mild cases to severe illness and no clear pathway for keeping these patients out of hospitals, where capacity continues to be stretched. Our results provide a roadmap for an early intervention among individuals at higher risk, allowing us to expect a better prognosis for patients while reducing the need for oxygen support and hospitalization," Polack said.

The findings were published Wednesday in the New England Journal of Medicine.

I like that better than lock downs.

Anonymous

Quebec will impose an 8 pm to 6 am curfew for one month.

Anonymous

Two more cases of the UK variant have been discovered in Alberta.

Anonymous

Alberta will probably extend the lovk down until January 21.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=396917 time=1610037510 user_id=3254

We got one who flew here & spread it to 2 others

They are under heavy quarantine & they think they have stopped further from it

Dunno .. so long as people are allowed to fly, our great "leaders" are  obviously are playing a losing game and it will ultimately spread  and  I expect it will become rampant unless they stop ALL flights in

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=396960 time=1610067819 user_id=88
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=396917 time=1610037510 user_id=3254

We got one who flew here & spread it to 2 others

They are under heavy quarantine & they think they have stopped further from it

Dunno .. so long as people are allowed to fly, our great "leaders" are  obviously are playing a losing game and it will ultimately spread  and  I expect it will become rampant unless they stop ALL flights in

Banning all, but essential travel, especially international travel makes more sense than shutting down restaurants.

Anonymous

Alberta had 964 new infections today for test positivity rate of 6.4 per cent..

Schools will reopen Monday, but other restrictions will remain in place until January 21.