The best topic

Replies: 10567
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 05:08:00 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 23 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=397753 time=1610508401 user_id=88
You guys are doing a lot better now, as are we

Maybe continuing the lock down beyond January 21 is a good idea......but I'll need to go to a hair salon in February.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=397755 time=1610509357 user_id=3254
Quote from: cc post_id=397753 time=1610508401 user_id=88
You guys are doing a lot better now, as are we

Maybe continuing the lock down beyond January 21 is a good idea......but I'll need to go to a hair salon in February.

Life is hard.

Anonymous

875 new COVID-19 cases along with 23 new deaths..

Alberta has started running out of COVID-19 vaccines, with supply completely used up in parts of the province and other regions having to reduce appointments to ration remaining doses for vulnerable populations..

Premier Jason Kenney said during a Facebook Q&A that the government now expects to get the vaccine to the general population in May or June, depending on supply.

cc

We are both on course for a likely  moderate decrease in week ending Friday .. albeit surprises do happen

We are up a bit today 519 .. more vaccine supply expected imminently

Canada also have 20 m more doses than expected before starting end of March...   (pfizer, as moderna would be later) but they seem to now be able to handle it well now

Damn he's been so slow to commit ... 2 new candidates expected in a cpl of weeks and we do have dibs on them
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

Update on Active cases per 100,000 people

QC - 282

ON - 207

MB - 226

SK - 319

AB - 302

BC - 126

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=397859 time=1610586305 user_id=88
We are both on course for a likely  moderate decrease in week ending Friday .. albeit surprises do happen

We are up a bit today 519 .. more vaccine supply expected imminently

Canada also have 20 m more doses than expected before starting end of March...   (pfizer, as moderna would be later) but they seem to now be able to handle it well now

Damn he's been so slow to commit ... 2 new candidates expected in a cpl of weeks and we do have dibs on them

Do you mean 20 million doses will be in Canada by the end of March?

cc

No. That new total begins end of March and ramps up from there

Example from BC (5,070,000 people) .. proportional to population in all provinces

Dec - March - 792,675 doses)

April - June (2.64 million)

July to Sept (6 million)

More and quicker than originally, but Trudy's  turtle-speed to commit is still killing the country (The stunned cnt counted on China of all countries in the world ..  and they broke the agreement leaving him with his dk out .. and us along with him .. like as tho anyone would want a China product in our arms

Overall shameful .. In a real world it would cost him his job  ... but Canada Is not in the real world

It will likely increase from the above due to 2 other vaccines coming on line and we do have dibs on both

Anonymous

So, those twenty million will not arrive all at once.

cc

Anonymous

Realistically, my family won't be vaccinated until September.

cc

Seoul

BC Health is warning that people who contracted Covid 5 months ago, may be able to contract it again without knowing and pass it onto others

I would assume that if one has a good quantity of antibodies they would be safe? .. not sure

Antibody tests are now available via Lifelabs with Dr's written approval and $75

I really searched, but cannot find any info on "quantity"  .. .as in do they give quantity and what quantity level means infection unlikely etc.

Will ask my Doc next time I talk with her

cc

Johnson & Johnson AKA Jansen  .. are ready to roll out in March

We do have some dibs on it so it will help Canada get done sooner

QuoteJohnson & Johnson began human tests of its potential coronavirus vaccine in Belgium and the U.S. in July. A final phase, involving 60,000 volunteers in eight countries, commenced Sept. 23. Modelled after a successful Ebola vaccine, the Johnson & Johnson candidate is unique among the front-runners in that it can be administered in a single dose.

Canada announced Aug. 31 that it has signed a deal with the company to secure a supply of its vaccine candidate, should it be approved by Health Canada. On Oct. 12, the company announced that it had paused the final phase to investigate whether a study participant's "unexplained illness" is related to the shot.

By mid-November, the trial was back underway and recruiting new volunteers.https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/vaccine-tracker-the-top-contenders-to-stop-the-novel-coronavirus-1.5034350">https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir ... -1.5034350">https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/vaccine-tracker-the-top-contenders-to-stop-the-novel-coronavirus-1.5034350

We will get at least 2 other vaccine products added to the known 2 being used now + more Pfizer than previously mentioned

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=397908 time=1610656763 user_id=88
Seoul

BC Health is warning that people who contracted Covid 5 months ago, may be able to contract it again without knowing and pass it onto others

I would assume that if one has a good quantity of antibodies they would be safe? .. not sure

Antibody tests are now available via Lifelabs with Dr's written approval and $75

I really searched, but cannot find any info on "quantity"  .. .as in do they give quantity and what quantity level means infection unlikely etc.

Will ask my Doc next time I talk with her

:ohmy:

cc

We had 536 new cases today - for the last 6 days leaving us at (1,067) less than last week with 1 day to go.

We have 2 cases of SA variant and are trying to contain it

Alberta 967 .. (1,171) running below last week with 1 day's reporting to go

Manitoba 261 & Saskatchewan 312 ... Ontario 3,326

25,00 new doses of Pfizer "just arrived" and Moderna is expected tomorrow - likely proportional with all other provinces

Data is being examined to see if one vaccinated effectively and is  protected from the virus "can" get infected and not feel it, and  pass it to others. Moderna data indicated that it does not .. but further data study is ongoing

EDITED as Alberta just reported

Anonymous

Alberta Health confirmed 967 new cases of COVID-19 on Thursday with more than 16,000 tests were completed over the last 24 hours..

That puts Alberta's positivity rate at 5.8 per cent..

As of Jan. 18, outdoor social gatherings of up to 10 people will be allowed as long as everyone is wearing masks and keeping at least two metres apart.

Shandro also announced personal wellness services will be allowed to reopen Monday by appointment only for one-on-one services.

Businesses and customers are expected to continue to follow the health guidelines, including mandatory masks and enhanced cleaning practices.

Personal wellness services include businesses like salons, barbershops, aesthetics, reflexology, tattoo and piercing shops.