The best topic

Replies: 10567
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 05:08:00 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 15 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

Quote from: Herman post_id=398199 time=1610923156 user_id=1689
California alone is getting seven hundred daily deaths.

Meh... it's California...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=398199 time=1610923156 user_id=1689
California alone is getting seven hundred daily deaths.

A good start.

Anonymous

Alberta had 474 cases and ekeven deaths from COVID today..

The province is cancelling first immunizations as vaccine supplies run out.

cc

BC Numbers keep slowly reducing for past month (last 3 days with today at top) Today may be less testing?

I have heard twice today, including from Bonnie herself, that while efficiency for total protection is 95 % &  there is considerably less severity of illness for the 5 % vaccinated who got Covid – I had not heard that specifically before today, but it is comforting news. I'd like to see more on this from manufacturers phase 3 testing .. because before today I assumed 5% got full blown Covid which apparently is not the case at all .. in fact it would mean 100% success so far as avoiding "serious" covid

If anyone finds more on this, please post it .. It makes sense as all people who have been vaccinated would produce considerable antibodies .. giving the person a huge head start in controlling the virus, should it enter them

2 week slowdown for Pfizer (I guess they told Trudy to get lost in his bid for only 1 week) – However, more than planned for 2nd half of March resulting in "some" more total by Mar 30 (end of phase 1 for us) than initially expected
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Trudeau has been sleepwalking his way through this.

cc

No surprise there. He  sleepwalks his way through everything that matters to the people

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=398364 time=1611027085 user_id=2015
Trudeau has been sleepwalking his way through this.

The premiers have done his job for him.

Anonymous

I read some Quebeckers are faking homelessness to avoid curfew fines.

Anonymous

Alberta had 456 new cases today, with a possitivity rate of 5.6 per cent..

But (it's) still far above the one to three per cent we saw in summer and fall..

740 people remain in hospital with COVID-19 in Alberta and added that 119 people are in intensive care units...both declining.

Anonymous

Japan uses robotics more than any other nation in the world.

Japan eyes use of robots to boost COVID-19 testing

Japan's health minister watched a demonstration on Tuesday of a prototype automated COVID-19 testing machine that uses a robotic arm to take a sample from a person's nose and can deliver the results in about 80 minutes.

The robot system, built by Kawasaki Heavy Industries Inc, fits in a standard shipping container that can be transported by truck and set up at stadiums, theme parks and other mass gatherings, the company said.

https://japantoday.com/category/tech/japan-eyes-use-of-robots-to-boost-covid-19-testing-as-olympics-loom">https://japantoday.com/category/tech/ja ... mpics-loom">https://japantoday.com/category/tech/japan-eyes-use-of-robots-to-boost-covid-19-testing-as-olympics-loom

Anonymous

On a per capita basis, Saskatchewan has the highest infection rate per one hundred thousand people.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=398482 time=1611116348 user_id=2015
On a per capita basis, Saskatchewan has the highest infection rate per one hundred thousand people.

Alberta, BC, and finally Manitoba's infections are dropping, but not Saskatchewan.

Anonymous

Alberta had 669 new cases today with almost fifteen thousand people tested for a positivity rate of about four and a half per cent.....the lowest positivity rate in Alberta since Halloween.

Anonymous

After only a week back in class, the Calgary Board of Education issued a new directive due to rising cases allowing all high school students to remain at home.

cc

Darn!! ^^

As of today our Rolling 7 Day Average is 477 .. (500 new cases)

You guys are coming down well -  7 Day Average is 688 (Down almost 1/2 from before

& down 90 in the first 5 days of current week)