The best topic

Replies: 7380
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 05:05:17 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Today

Italy with more than most all others just had the biggest daily jump in number yet

So much for the "Oh, it's slow down soon once it hits a certain level" idea .. and shows just how it can spread

3500 new cases of late .. 21,157 total ... 3,500 dead

What a hell Italians have on their plates

Sorry - deaths in Italy ~ 1,500 ... dramatic number of new cases is correct above
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Today

Italy with more than most all others just had the biggest daily jump in number yet

So much for the "Oh, it's slow down soon once it hits a certain level" idea .. and shows just how it can spread

3500 new cases of late .. 21,157 total ... 3,500 dead

What a hell Italians have on their plates

Jesus H. The country is locked down and it's still spreading like a Saskatchewan wildfire.

cc

What is particularly noticeable and of concern is that pretty much every country, province, state etc shows rising numbers of new cases .... at an accelerating rate ... virtually no decreases in rate of increase

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"What is particularly noticeable and of concern is that pretty much every country, province, state etc shows rising numbers of new cases .... at an accelerating rate ... virtually no decreases in rate of increase

In Europe mostly.

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"EU is rising fast - but US up 10% and Canada 20% overnight

I think when I get to my farm in the early hours of Monday morning, I am just going to stay there. I don't even think I will let my boy and his pregnant girlfriend on my property. Unless he has hash of course.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"Britain reduces self quarantine to 7 days from 14, letting it spread:

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEFocU9V9MFYT6SgRl6kc6H8qGQgEKhAIACoHCAow9935CjCe0eYCMLXxzAU?hl=en-GB&gl=GB&ceid=GB%3Aen">https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEF ... id=GB%3Aen">https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEFocU9V9MFYT6SgRl6kc6H8qGQgEKhAIACoHCAow9935CjCe0eYCMLXxzAU?hl=en-GB&gl=GB&ceid=GB%3Aen

Speaking of Britain, they went from 800 to 1200 cases in about 48 hours.

cc

The speed of this once it gets going is amazing

And the official numbers on the charts (and stated publicly) do not include carriers and people who get hit lightly and have no idea they have it .. who are also carriers / spreaders

One person can inadvertently give it to dozens who in turn do likewise

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"The speed of this once it gets going is amazing

And the numbers do not include carriers and people who get hit lightly and have no idea they have it .. who are also carriers / spreaders

But this is exactly what public health officials said would happen..

Globally, the number of people infected will rise for around eight weeks before levelling off and starting to drop.

cc

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "cc"The speed of this once it gets going is amazing

And the numbers do not include carriers and people who get hit lightly and have no idea they have it .. who are also carriers / spreaders

But this is exactly what public health officials said would happen..

Globally, the number of people infected will rise for around eight weeks before levelling off and starting to drop.

Not quite .. they will level off only once  people  distance

In China it slowed  because of  "social distancing" ONLY

That slowdown was not a factor of the virus . it was a factor of no contact. That and only that is how they slowed it .. social distancing

The virus will just keep on killing until everyone self isolates

Been doing some studying up on Hubei

End of very long article with many charts to support it >>>> https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/covid-19-exponential-threat-why-global-politicians-business-leaders-must-act-now">""Covid-19 Is An Exponential Threat" - Why Global Politicians & Business Leaders Must Act Now"  and In this theoretical model that resembles loosely Hubei, waiting one more day creates 40% more cases! So, maybe, if the Hubei authorities had declared the lockdown on 1/22 instead of 1/23, they might have reduced the number of cases by a staggering 20k.

And remember, these are just cases. Mortality would be much higher, because not only would there be directly 40% more deaths. There would also be a much higher collapse of the healthcare system, leading to a mortality rate up to 10x higher as we saw before. So a one-day difference in social distancing measures can end exploding the number of deaths in your community by multiplying more cases and higher fatality rate.

This is an exponential threat. Every day counts. When you're delaying by a single day a decision, you're not contributing to a few cases maybe. There are probably hundreds or thousands of cases in your community already. Every day that there isn't social distancing, these cases grow exponentially.

Had they not shut down completely, virus would still be killing ... nice of China to let us know how they controlled it

Anonymous

Yellow Vests defy coronavirus measures to protest in Paris on eve of local elections

Thousands of French security forces fanned out across central Paris on Saturday as anti-government "Yellow Vest" protesters defied a ban on mass gatherings aimed at preventing the spread of coronavirus.

In a televised address to the nation on Thursday, President Emmanuel Macron announced school closures and urged people to avoid close contact for fear of propagating the virus that has killed 79 people in France and infected more than 3,600.

https://www.france24.com/en/20200314-french-yellow-vests-defy-coronavirus-measures-to-demonstrate-in-paris-on-eve-of-elections">https://www.france24.com/en/20200314-fr ... -elections">https://www.france24.com/en/20200314-french-yellow-vests-defy-coronavirus-measures-to-demonstrate-in-paris-on-eve-of-elections

This is irresponsibility in action.

Anonymous

Friday

Events such as this pandemic brings out humanities true nature, and truth be told it ain't pretty, selfless nor intelligent.
The best day of the week!

cc

'Don't do what we did – people are needlessly dying': Italian journalist urges UK and US to lockdown NOW amid coronavirus pandemic

An Italian journalist is warning Britons to 'stay home' amid the coronavirus pandemic as one of the country's top doctors warns Covid-19 is 'apocalyptic'.

The stark pleas to ban mass gatherings, avoid contact with others, and self-isolate in the UK and US come as 60million Italians are forced to endure a lockdown.

Mattia Ferraresi, who writes for Il Foglio, has said the Government wasted time in not acting decisively and more drastically early on – and claims that Italy's universal healthcare system has been 'felled' by more than 17,000 confirmed cases.

This fits what has become accepted practice ... still not correctly applied throughout the world

Frood

Quote from: "cc"'Don't do what we did – people are needlessly dying': Italian journalist urges UK and US to lockdown NOW amid coronavirus pandemic

An Italian journalist is warning Britons to 'stay home' amid the coronavirus pandemic as one of the country's top doctors warns Covid-19 is 'apocalyptic'.

The stark pleas to ban mass gatherings, avoid contact with others, and self-isolate in the UK and US come as 60million Italians are forced to endure a lockdown.

Mattia Ferraresi, who writes for Il Foglio, has said the Government wasted time in not acting decisively and more drastically early on – and claims that Italy's universal healthcare system has been 'felled' by more than 17,000 confirmed cases.

This fits what has become accepted practice ... still not correctly applied throughout the world

We've pulled our young one out of school a week earlier than school holidays... our PM is hell or high water about keeping schools open but we reckon he'll back flip once it starts ripping through...
Blahhhhhh...