The best topic

Replies: 10554
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:33:35 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=401341 time=1612914973 user_id=88
There is no "good" path in this mess .. lots of talk and theories and Ex Spurts telling us various ideas thay have

I see today Alberta has gone in 1 week from 500 cases / day to 195 today ... by means of heavy rules

Meanwhile, we, always less that others for months post 435 today .. still using the same wishy-washy sort of rules we have all along .. are going nowhere .. . absolutely nowhere

I don't have "the answer" to this vile virus .. and I'm not sure anyone does. There seems to be no good or right path against it

Today with less than two hundred new infections was the lowest I've seen since perhaps Thanksgiving..

I like Alberta's new inecentivized reopening plan.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

cc

I like the theoretical concept too. Let's see how it all goes.

We all know what it took to get Alta's numbers to come down like this. When I look at our stagnant numbers with rules but  not as strong rules, I'm not too optimistic anything will work for very long

We can't lock down & we can't open up ... I fear this virus allows no real wins .. but I'll still hope you guys can hold onto a sustained win of sorts
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=401345 time=1612915698 user_id=3254
There is no "good" path in this mess .. lots of talk and theories and Ex Spurts telling us various ideas thay have

I see today Alberta has gone in 1 week from 500 cases / day to 195 today ... by means of heavy rules

Meanwhile, we, always less that others for months post 435 today .. still using the same wishy-washy sort of rules we have all along .. are going nowhere .. . absolutely nowhere

I don't have "the answer" to this vile virus .. and I'm not sure anyone does. There seems to be no good or right path against it

Today with less than two hundred new infections was the lowest I've seen since perhaps Thanksgiving..

As I understand it, the number of hospitalizations can't just go down, they have to stay down for three weeks, before you get a reward-rec league sports or gyms opening for example.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=401350 time=1612918599 user_id=2015
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=401345 time=1612915698 user_id=3254

As I understand it, the number of hospitalizations can't just go down, they have to stay down for three weeks, before you get a reward-rec league sports or gyms opening for example.

Not quite, there has to be at least three weeks between lifting restrictions..

We are already below 450 hospitalizations , but the earliest we can lift second stage restrictions is on February 28, three weeks after the first stage restrictions were lifted.

Anonymous

Alberta recorded 339 cases today with nearly eleven thousand people tested.......there were six deaths.

Anonymous

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now say that fully vaccinated people who have been exposed to COVID-19 do not need to quarantine. The CDC defines "fully vaccinated" as two weeks passing after a person received the second dose of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccine.

Well isn't that the point of being vaccinated.

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=401582 time=1613062182 user_id=114
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now say that fully vaccinated people who have been exposed to COVID-19 do not need to quarantine. The CDC defines "fully vaccinated" as two weeks passing after a person received the second dose of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccine.

Well isn't that the point of being vaccinated.

It seems like there's no plan to return to normal even after herd immunity.

Frood

Yes, take their advised poisons.... all will be untested goody goodness...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=401591 time=1613063793 user_id=1676
Yes, take their advised poisons.... all will be untested goody goodness...

Dr Dinky, the discussion is about a return to normal, not the efficacy of the vaccines.

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=401582 time=1613062182 user_id=114

huh?

cc

It defies their own logic to prevent spread

1. Vaccines are not 100% = some are susceptible (albeit likely minor cases because they still have massive antibodies)

2. It has not yet been established that those vaccinated cannot get covid and be carriers and spreaders without even knowing it

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=401614 time=1613077999 user_id=88
It defies their own logic to prevent spread

1. Vaccines are not 100% = some are susceptible (albeit likely minor cases because they still have massive antibodies)

2. It has not yet been established that those vaccinated cannot get covid and be carriers and spreaders without even knowing it

So, we know vaccines prevent getting sick from the China virus. But, we won't know for a while whether people can still catch it and pass it on to others.

cc

1. They prevent most people from getting iit, not all (about 95%)

2. True - Some scientists say it's "possible" one could be a carrier .. most research is needed to see what actually happens if anything

If 2 was the case, we are not so close to eradicating it  .. but the science is not in yet

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=401621 time=1613082329 user_id=88
1. They prevent most people from getting iit, not all (about 95%)

2. True - Some scientists say it's "possible" one could be a carrier .. most research is needed to see what actually happens if anything

If 2 was the case, we are not so close to eradicating it  .. but the science is not in yet

Get as many people vaccinated as soon as possible. That's the only way. Unless we get the Israeli cure first. That is extremely unlikely.

Anonymous

Alberta reported 351 cases yesterday and sixteen deaths..

Our hospiralization fell to 397 people and the number of people in ICU is seventy one.