The best topic

Replies: 10553
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:28:38 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by deport_liberals

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 11 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

7 day rolling averages:

We remain relatively static around 440 for past 4 weeks

while you guys have consistently gone down, in fact from ~600  4 weeks ago to ~300 today

Canada as a whole has gone from ~9,000 7 weeks ago & ~ 6000 4 weeks ago  to ~2900 today
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

The oddest part about the effort to stifle debate over COVID-19's origin is even the experts agree we still don't know the answer. There is a prevailing theory, but nobody knows precisely where COVID-19 originated. The disease has killed nearly 2.5 million people around the world and almost 500,000 in the U.S. alone. It's in everybody's interest to understand exactly where it came from and how it started, but efforts at investigation have been stymied from the start. Among those eager to suppress dissent on this topic are: the Chinese government, U.S. media outlets, the Big Tech platforms and scientists with a financial or reputational stake in the outcome of any investigation.

Anonymous

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the White House's top medical adviser, said on Sunday that people in the United States may still need to wear masks in 2022.

When asked during an interview on CNN's "State of the Union" if Americans will need to continue wearing masks into next year, Fauci replied that he thinks "it's possible that that's the case."

"I think we're going to have a significant degree of normality, beyond the terrible burden that all of us have been through in the last year, that as we get into the fall and winter by the end of the year, I agree with the president completely that we will be approaching a degree of normality" said Fauci.

However, Fauci noted that things may not get back to the exact way they were before the CCP virus pandemic by that time, and that people may still need to wear masks until daily case counts drop and the "overwhelming majority" of people are vaccinated.

Anonymous

Alberta reported 273 cases today, including eleven variants..

Sixteen people have died, but some of them were people who died in December who's deaths are now being blamed on COVID.

cc

We are staying about same again - 450 - 500 each of last 3 days were reported

Anonymous

One of the key figures that Dr Hinshaw looks at is the R value..

She wants it below one and it's slightly above one in Alberta.

cc

Not good - Seven exposures have been linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of the virus at seven schools this weekend

6 are in Surrey, and 1 in very nearby Delta

cc

What exactly is the R value .. I'm not familiar with it

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=403169 time=1614043255 user_id=88
What exactly is the R value .. I'm not familiar with it

R is the number of people that one infected person will pass on a virus to, on average.

cc

Anonymous

Alberta recorded 267 new cases today and eleven new deaths..

There are 326 people in the hospital and fifty one in ICU.

Anonymous

Global COVID-19 cases have dropped by half, and experts are looking for explanations.

Anonymous

Alberta reported 430 new cases of COVID-19 on 9,467 tests and 13 additional deaths on Wednesday.

cc

456 & 2 here

We will be a few cases up this week it looks like

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=403389 time=1614209852 user_id=88
456 & 2 here

We will be a few cases up this week it looks like

The R value is going up and if there is a trend of new infections increasing, the Alberta privincial government will pause additional reopening plans that were to come into effect next week.