The best topic

Replies: 10552
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:18:03 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 8 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Manitoba reported only 45 cases today. Our lowest daily total in months.

Anonymous

There is an upward trend..

Alberta reported 399 new cases of COVID-19 on 9,217 tests on Thursday and eight additional deaths.

Anonymous

Manitoba will ease some restrictions soon. Pallister's government hasn't indicated yet which ones.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=403518 time=1614328521 user_id=2015
Manitoba will ease some restrictions soon. Pallister's government hasn't indicated yet which ones.

Manitoba is doing better than any province West of the Atlantic provinces.

Anonymous

Alberta reported Friday 356 new cases of COVID-19 on 9,212 tests and three additional deaths.

Anonymous

According to a Feb. 23 WHO situation update, the number of global cases fell for the sixth consecutive week last week, an 11 per cent decline compared to the previous week..

The number of new deaths reported — 66,000 — also fell, by 20 percent week over week.

Anonymous

People who are vaccinated against COVID-19 shouldn't be told to continue wearing masks and social distance, Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) said Friday.

"The reality is that the benefit of taking this safe and effective vaccine is so you can get about your life, go back to doing things as usual. And as a result, we should be celebrating, mask-free," he added.

When old Herman gets vaccinated, I will be back on my barstool at my favourite saloon in Kindersley. They better be open.

Anonymous

Cases are rising in Alberta..

Alberta reported 415 new cases of COVID-19 on 7,761 tests Saturday, and six additional deaths.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=403645 time=1614468638 user_id=3254
Cases are rising in Alberta..

Alberta reported 415 new cases of COVID-19 on 7,761 tests Saturday, and six additional deaths.

Alberta, Ontario, and BC have a lot of variant strains.

cc

Yes they do. Now, mainly the UK one but they do what they all are programmed to do .. infect .. and thus are increasing everywhere they get a foothold

We now have found it in 10 schools .. and counting
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

What's odd is that the number of people hospitalized and in ICU in Alberta is dropping as our cases rise again, including variants..

We're keeping it out of long term care facilities.....most people there are vaccinated now anyway..

Or maybe hospitalizations are a lagging indicator.

cc

QuoteOr maybe hospitalizations are a lagging indicator.

That could very well be the case .. combined with maybe younger people are causing the rise
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=403673 time=1614485550 user_id=88
QuoteOr maybe hospitalizations are a lagging indicator.

That could very well be the case .. combined with maybe younger people are causing the rise

Probably both.

Anonymous

I was surprised by this.

Despite COVID-19, Alberta ICU admissions dropped in 2020

In fact, ICU admissions dropped in every ICU across the entire province, except two which saw slight increases.

Admissions into Alberta's intensive care units (ICUs) actually dropped last year, says an internal Alberta Health Services memo obtained by the Western Standard.

In fact, ICU admissions dropped in every ICU across the entire province, except two which saw slight increases.

In total in 2020, there were 22,409 patients put into ICU care.

That is down significantly from the 24,010 number of people in 2019.

https://westernstandardonline.com/2021/02/despite-covid-19-alberta-icu-admissions-dropped-in-2020/?fbclid=IwAR1dDeXh75ftsgdsGJt-_pwcSyhPAcLsiqFB7TF9cDGOP5tm8nNYuphZgIE">https://westernstandardonline.com/2021/ ... nNYuphZgIE">https://westernstandardonline.com/2021/02/despite-covid-19-alberta-icu-admissions-dropped-in-2020/?fbclid=IwAR1dDeXh75ftsgdsGJt-_pwcSyhPAcLsiqFB7TF9cDGOP5tm8nNYuphZgIE

Anonymous

Alberta reported 301 new cases of COVID-19 on Sunday, down from 415 the day before..

Hospitalizations continue to decline — there are 250 people being treated in hospital for COVID-19, a decrease of 12 from the day before..

There are now 46 in intensive care beds, also down.