The best topic

Replies: 10550
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 05, 2024, 09:26:27 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 10 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=404030 time=1614823301 user_id=3254
Quote from: cc post_id=404029 time=1614820605 user_id=88
We had 542 cases today & have been sitting still since we came down from early January .. now creeping up a bit now as Canada went down and is now leveled  off

I set up a new category to calculate BC vs. Canada as a whole (based on our  proportion of population)

BC is 13.39% of population - % of Canada cases as below

2 Weeks ago BC = 15.21% of Canada cases

Last Week = 16.41% of Canada cases

This week to date = 18.79% of Canada cases

It's mainly Surrey that is creeping back up .. No, I don't do calc manually - I set up spreadsheet to auto-calculate everything - I just input daily cases

Alberta's recent rise is sharpest in communities North of Edmonton.

Ew. Mate's & my closest  friend is about 200 miles  north of Edmonchuck
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=404030 time=1614823301 user_id=3254
Quote from: cc post_id=404029 time=1614820605 user_id=88
We had 542 cases today & have been sitting still since we came down from early January .. now creeping up a bit now as Canada went down and is now leveled  off

I set up a new category to calculate BC vs. Canada as a whole (based on our  proportion of population)

BC is 13.39% of population - % of Canada cases as below

2 Weeks ago BC = 15.21% of Canada cases

Last Week = 16.41% of Canada cases

This week to date = 18.79% of Canada cases

It's mainly Surrey that is creeping back up .. No, I don't do calc manually - I set up spreadsheet to auto-calculate everything - I just input daily cases

Alberta's recent rise is sharpest in communities North of Edmonton.

Probably on reserves.

Anonymous

Alberta reported 331 new infections, including thirty three variant cases.

cc

Once the leader, we have been about the same level for a long while now while every other province went down a lot  .. and been rising slightly lately .. currently 19% of Canadian cases for 13% of Canada's population .. not what I'd like to see

It's still mainly Surrey area with today almost 300 cases out of our disappointing  564 total today

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=404131 time=1614902774 user_id=88
Once the leader, we have been about the same level for a long while now while every other province went down a lot  .. and been rising slightly lately .. currently 19% of Canadian cases for 13% of Canada's population .. not what I'd like to see

It's still mainly Surrey area with today almost 300 cases out of our disappointing  564 total today

BC is still manageable.....the health care system isn't overwhelmed.

Anonymous

Alberta reported Friday 411 new cases of COVID-19 on 10,559 tests and two additional deaths.

cc

Once the gold standard, we are slowly creeping back upward ... first day over 600 cases since Jan 1 (the peak time for all of us)

Representing 13% of Canada's population, we  now have 20% of Canada's cases, while most other areas are going down

Anonymous

Manitoba's cases are staying low-in the 50-75 range. Capacity limits in stores and restaurants, as well as for personal services, doubled to 50 per cent today.

cc

Here's a good chance at exceptionally good news

https://www.foxnews.com/health/covid-19-pill-preliminary-testing-dr-marc-siegel">COVID-19 pill effective in preliminary testing may be 'holy grail' of pandemic, Dr. Marc Siegel says

First-stage testing of the experimental COVID-19 pill called Molnupiravir, by Merck and Ridgeback Biotherapeutics, showed promising signs of effectiveness in reducing the virus in patients.

Dr. Siegel predicts the at-home therapeutic could come to market in four to five months

A new possible medication to treat coronavirus-positive patients could be enough to turn the pandemic on its head, Fox News medical contributor Dr. Marc Siegel revealed Sunday on "Fox & Friends Weekend."

.... "It may be the holy grail on this because it was just studied in phase two trials and it literally stopped the virus in its tracks," he explained. "And there wasn't any virus found in the patients that were studied."

The drug would function as an at-home, five-day treatment, similar to Tamiflu, to stop the virus from reproducing before causing major damage. Siegel said the therapeutic could come to market in as little as four to five months.

[If stage 3 trials verify it's effectiveness, it  would be the the final and greatly  needed element alongside vaccines to return society back to normalcy}

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=404382 time=1615139251 user_id=88
Here's a good chance at exceptionally good news

https://hidedoor.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/sbgpzkcu/snop/p2/health/covid-19-pill-preliminary-testing-dr-marc-siegel">COVID-19 pill effective in preliminary testing may be 'holy grail' of pandemic, Dr. Marc Siegel says

First-stage testing of the experimental COVID-19 pill called Molnupiravir, by Merck and Ridgeback Biotherapeutics, showed promising signs of effectiveness in reducing the virus in patients.

Dr. Siegel predicts the at-home therapeutic could come to market in four to five months

A new possible medication to treat coronavirus-positive patients could be enough to turn the pandemic on its head, Fox News medical contributor Dr. Marc Siegel revealed Sunday on "Fox & Friends Weekend."

.... "It may be the holy grail on this because it was just studied in phase two trials and it literally stopped the virus in its tracks," he explained. "And there wasn't any virus found in the patients that were studied."

The drug would function as an at-home, five-day treatment, similar to Tamiflu, to stop the virus from reproducing before causing major damage. Siegel said the therapeutic could come to market in as little as four to five months.

[If stage 3 trials verify it's effectiveness, it  would be the the final and greatly  needed element alongside vaccines to return society back to normalcy}

That's terrific news.

cc

A really good start for it for sure

Vaccines alone will not open society fully as anti vaxxers will keep some govt and personal choice restrictions  going for society (for all not vaccinated and those vaccinated but unfortunate to still become infected .. even potentially)

Even with vaccination, stupid anti vaccers will become a blight on everyone else as they will prevent a full "back to normal" for everyone including hospitals . The addition of a solid therapy enhancer will allow us to get back to a "real" normal despite dangers provided by them

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=404396 time=1615151987 user_id=88
A really good start for it for sure

Vaccines alone will not open society fully as anti vaxxers will keep some govt and personal choice restrictions  going for society (for all not vaccinated and those vaccinated but unfortunate to still become infected .. even potentially)

Even with vaccination, stupid anti vaccers will become a blight on everyone else as they will prevent a full "back to normal" for everyone including hospitals . The addition of a solid therapy enhancer will allow us to get back to a "real" normal despite dangers provided by them

Once we get around three quarters of the total population vaccinated, I expect all restrictions to be lifted..

And if Jason Kenney doesnt do that, he'll have to answer to voters in 2023.

cc

Prolly so

I was referring to people" feeling" they can act normal without fearing infection  .. regardless of rules being eased or lifted

There always 2 elements in play - Legal rules and personal confidence with regard to being infected

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=404421 time=1615156593 user_id=88
Prolly so

I was referring to people" feeling" they can act normal without fearing infection  .. regardless of rules being eased or lifted

There always 2 elements in play - Legal rules and personal confidence with regard to being infected

I won't be wearing a mask once we get a large majority of the population vaccinated.

Anonymous

Alberta reported an estimated 300 new cases of COVID-19 on Sunday with a positivity rate of about four per cent.