The best topic

Replies: 10553
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:28:38 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by deport_liberals

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 10 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

BC down a fair bit today - To put into better perspective (as one day is not the whole story) .. we are down a total of only 500 cases over past 4 days when each of the last 4 days are compared to last weeks average day .. still, trend "may be" taking shape

Canada down a total of 1,750 when each of the last 4 days are compared to last weeks average day  .. a possible   good trend
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

cc

862 today - I guess we are making some progress, as cases are falling "slowly"

Still, down every day of past 5 days compared to last week's average daily cases ..  but total down is only -725

Hospitalizations (bad cases) keep going up

Anonymous

Alberta reported 1,699 new cases of COVID-19 Wednesday with a positivity rate of 9.5 per cent..

Albertans are now guaranteed paid leave to get their COVID-19 vaccine.

Anonymous

Requiring children wear masks does more harm than good, says Dr. Jay Bhattacharya, a professor of medicine at Stanford University. He's a health economist by training.

"In the case of masks, the evidence that children spread the disease even without a mask is that they're much less efficient spreaders. It's not like the the flu where children actually are efficient spreaders of the disease. In the case of coronavirus—for reasons we don't fully understand—children even unmasked are much less likely to spread the disease to adults, than an adult is to spread disease to an adult," he added.

cc

We have lost a 2 year old and now a 20 year old in the past 2 days

Most all elders are vaccinated,  very few are catching covid and most of those few who do are not needing  hospitalization

Despite  the above and a very medium level number of cases, our hospitalized and ICU patients have increased drastically  .. the average age decreasing by several decades .. Younger people are getting very sick at a much increased rate of late.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=409063 time=1619133189 user_id=88
We have lost a 2 year old and now a 20 year old in the past 2 days

Most all elders are vaccinated,  very few are catching covid and most of those few who do are not needing  hospitalization

Despite  the above and a very medium level number of cases, our hospitalized and ICU patients have increased drastically  .. the average age decreasing by several decades .. Younger people are getting very sick at a much increased rate of late.

We're seeing the same in Alberta..

We had 1857 cases today and six deaths..

We have 518 people in hospital and 116 in ICU..

More restrictions are imminent in my opinion.

cc

Seems Ontario just can't bring the numbers down- this last week's drop was marginal at best as it runs up 29,000 new cases this week

Quebec is steadily going down slowly in numbers. but it's death rate / case is horrendous and unlike all other provinces has remained consistently very high  from the early days of this mess (over 3.2% of cases even now which I guess is better than when they were around 4% where it was a few weeks ago)

Alta, BC & many other provinces have been bringing their death rate / case rates down a lot, yet hospitalizations are very high now

UK has yet another week of reduced numbers  .. albeit reduction rate itself becomes smaller as numbers have already fallen many times over

US is slowly going back up again in cases for some reason

cc

Cases & Deaths for the past week ending today Friday (today) compared to previous week

Canada  -2257 +52

BC -862 -11

Alta +1,567 -2

ON -1,123 +47

U.K. -740 -23

France -26,505 +73

U.S. -59.840 +69

Noticed is falling death / case rates in most cases - although hospitalization rate (which has to be many younger people) has gone up of late

Anonymous

Hospitalizations rise sharply as Alberta reports 1,690 new COVID-19 cases Friday..

There were 549 people in hospital with COVID-19 on Friday. Of those, 125 are being treated in intensive care..

That's a jump from Thursday, when 518 Albertans were in hospital with COVID-19..

Variants now make up 60.4 per cent of active COVID-19 cases in Alberta.

Frood

LA County forcing the jab on the under-served and unconsenting:

">

A glimpse into our future....
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Manitoba had 300 cases a day or two ago. Variants are really spreading across Canada.

cc

Reports in India, California and Singapore

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/04/24/988744811/people-are-talking-about-a-double-mutant-variant-in-india-what-does-that-mean">People Are Talking About A 'Double Mutant' Variant In India. What Does That Mean?

One of the new variants circulating in India — and causing concern — is referred to as the "double mutant." Here's what we know about it, so far.

Why do people call this new variant the "double mutant?"

Officially, the variant is called B.1.617, but many people and media outlets (including NPR) have referred to the variant as the "double mutant." That's because B.1.617 has two key mutations that have cropped up in two other infamous strains.

But scientifically, the term "double mutant" makes no sense, Andersen says. "'SARS-CoV-2 mutates all the time. So there are many double mutants all over the place. The variant in India really shouldn't be called that."

Like the other variants of concern, B.1.617 contains not just two mutations, but more than a dozen.

That all said, there's a reason why the term "double mutant" came about. First, B.1.617 has a mutation (labeled L452R) that's also present in the dominant strain in California. Second, B.1.617 has a similar mutation (called E484Q) as the one present in the variants first detected in South Africa and Brazil (that mutation is called E484K).

So in a nutshell, B.1.617 has two "famous" mutations. But it also has about 11 other ones as well.

Is this variant "double concerning?" Is it more contagious?

Preliminary evidence suggests that B1.617 is more contagious than previous strains of the virus. A study published Tuesday found that the L452R mutation may enhance the ability of viruses to infect human cells in the laboratory. The variant in California, which carries this same mutation, is about 20 percent more transmissible than older strains of the virus.

cc

Here's Up To Date  Deaths / Case % of the majors of the places I track (as calculated from very start - so today is actually lower for most)

Most if not all have gradually inched downward over time & continue to do so

U K   2.89%

U S   1.79%

Canada   2.05% (most affected by Quebec which has always been very high & current is 3.17% & has most total deaths)

BC    1.26% (started bad, over double Alberta) but improved greatly & are slowly catching up to it

Alta   1.15% (right from the start it has always had the best ratio anywhere in the world)

ON   1.80%

Florida   1.58%

Texas   1.74%

France   1.88%

Note: Quebec got off to a nightmare scenario start in the early day and is doing better of late

cc

Shame Dink. That's blatantly & obviously amateur fake stuff

Very poorly staged & acted  I must say - not even a tiny attempt at legal nurse gear or legal vaccination setting  

Quote from: "Desperate Dink"
">

Desperate people do desperate things to peddle their agenda ... CNN fakes its agendas much better :laugh: