The best topic

Replies: 10554
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:33:35 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 9 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=409728 time=1619795442 user_id=1676

Poof...flu is suddenly gone...
Just so you know, all developed counties require a professional covid test (and usually a second test also) that is / are positive before placing a case on the covid list or ruling it out as covid

Structurally, covid & flu are totally separate animals  & soooo easy to differentiate

Sorry to burst your orgasm midstream .. poof!!   :sad: ,  ... but what is is.

Nice try tho  

Quote from: "cc previously" "Conspirators Gotta Conspire ... Cultists Gotta Cult"
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

Back to the real world, harsh as it is

Ontario is down 2,873 cases this past week. While not quite  a full average day's worth, it may be a step in the right direction

Quebec is down 1,533 cases this past week, about an average  day & a half worth

If today remains consistent with the first 6 days of this past week, we will be down a full average day's worth

More heavily vaccinated  UK (Pop = 68,046,489) is down almost a full average day's worth ... with daily cases 2/3 of  Ontario alone (Pop = 14,570,000) .. and most Brits are learning to use their 3rd eye to their advantage

cc

https://www.blazingcatfur.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Justin-Vaccine-Roulette-620x343.png">

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/world/article-one-dose-of-pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-still-leaves-patients-vulnerable/">Risk From COVID-19 Variants Remains After First Dose Of Pfizer Vaccine, U.K. Study Finds

"This study highlights the importance of getting second doses of the vaccine rolled out to protect the population," said Rosemary Boyton, a professor of immunology and respiratory medicine at Imperial who co-led the study.

"People who have had their first dose of vaccine and who have not previously been infected with SARS-CoV-2 are not fully protected against the circulating 'variants of concern'."

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=409763 time=1619812992 user_id=88
https://www.blazingcatfur.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Justin-Vaccine-Roulette-620x343.png">

https://hidedoor.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/suslyqbpusgeazdq/svwx/p2/world/article-one-dose-of-pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-still-leaves-patients-vulnerable/">Risk From COVID-19 Variants Remains After First Dose Of Pfizer Vaccine, U.K. Study Finds

"This study highlights the importance of getting second doses of the vaccine rolled out to protect the population," said Rosemary Boyton, a professor of immunology and respiratory medicine at Imperial who co-led the study.

"People who have had their first dose of vaccine and who have not previously been infected with SARS-CoV-2 are not fully protected against the circulating 'variants of concern'."

Uh oh.

Anonymous

I haven't had the first shot yet. I have even less than Fash, Herm, IHJ and CC.

cc

We all hope you get stuck soon ... Yes, and that way also  :wink:

In other news, Alta is quite late reporting today so nothing new on it for this moment

We are at 740 new cases today  (lowest cases in a month) and down 950 for the week (ending today) following a week down 850 cases for the previous week  .. not spectacular but in the right direction

J & J has been put on temporary hold as US has concerns about its manufacturing facility - should be more on that soon, it's the first I heard of it

cc

The Alberta numbers for today are in.

I'm feeling for you guys and am mystified as to what is going wrong and why  :confused1:

Frood

Quote from: cc post_id=409757 time=1619806037 user_id=88
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=409728 time=1619795442 user_id=1676

Poof...flu is suddenly gone...
Just so you know, all developed counties require a professional covid test (and usually a second test also) that is / are positive before placing a case on the covid list or ruling it out as covid

Structurally, covid & flu are totally separate animals  & soooo easy to differentiate

Sorry to burst your orgasm midstream .. poof!!   :sad: ,  ... but what is is.

Nice try tho  

Quote from: "cc previously" "Conspirators Gotta Conspire ... Cultists Gotta Cult"

The PCR?

ac_lmfao
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=409786 time=1619831258 user_id=88
The Alberta numbers for today are in.

I'm feeling for you guys and am mystified as to what is going wrong and why  :confused1:

Another 2000 cases yesterday.

:sad:

cc

Just read on CTV's tracking site for Ontario - "There were 3,732 new cases of COVID-19 and 23 deaths reported, as the number of patients in ICUs decreased slightly."

Well duh, and so sad ... "ICU decreasing" in part is from people dying from this cruel beast  :sad:

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=409911 time=1619986819 user_id=88
Just read on CTV's tracking site for Ontario - "There were 3,732 new cases of COVID-19 and 23 deaths reported, as the number of patients in ICUs decreased slightly."

Well duh, and so sad ... "ICU decreasing" in part is from people dying from this cruel beast  :sad:

Sad.

Anonymous

Alberta reported 1731 cases today..

More Albertans in their 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s are ending up in ICU with COVID-19 than ever before, according to a breakdown of data published by Alberta Health.

cc

https://www.cp24.com/news/ontario-reports-3-700-new-covid-19-cases-p-1-variant-cases-have-doubled-in-a-week-1.5410878">Ontario reports 3,700+ new COVID-19 cases; P.1 variant cases have doubled in a week

Ontario reported 3,732 new COVID-19 cases and 23 additional deaths on Sunday, as the province's active caseload continued its slow, trickling decline and the burden on hospital ICUs stayed flat.

The vast majority of new cases detected are screening positive as the B.1.1.7 variant first discovered in the United Kingdom last year, but the number of cases found to be the P.1 variant from Brazil has more than doubled in the past week.

On April 26, 351 examples of the P.1 variant had been detected in the province. By Sunday, that number had grown to 875.

Anonymous

The UK variant is the dominant strain in Alberta.

cc

Interesting Improvements in death / case rates !!!!

I just set spreadsheet to calculate death / case rates over the last 10 weeks as vs. the rate  from the start

A year ago from start 6.0%+ BC for early months - -  Today from the start till now = 1.22% - - For last 10 weeks alone = 0.47%

A year ago  from start 3.5%+ Alta for early months - -  Today from the start till now = 1.08% - - For last 10 weeks alone = 0,63%

A year ago  from start 8.0%+ Canada for early months - -  Today from the start till now = 1.97% - - For last 10 weeks alone = 0,71%

I  started period  one week earlier on cases to partially allow that deaths follow cases  

Remarkable improvement on the part of hospitals and treatments as they got to know better how to handle it - Also ages are a bit lower now affecting it a bit, but marginally for  numbers are  over the last 10 week period

Clearly, it has taken time for them to figure out how to deal with it & are now having considerable improvement

Aberta has been the best most anywhere in the world right from the start and is still very good - We have actually gone from far behind to actually ahead now on recent stats .. both of us seem to be the best in the entire world of late

I suspect Manitoba and Saskabush are putting out pretty low numbers of late as well

At least some better  news in this whole tragic ordeal

If any further explanation is needed, let me know and I'll clarify it all

EDIT - For new cases, we have

668 Today

671 Sun

835 Sat

.. an average of about 300 less than last weeks average day .. but quite a few deaths