The best topic

Replies: 10566
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 06, 2024, 10:32:53 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 14 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=412098 time=1622225227 user_id=88
I can't point them out, but I do know UK did a lot of real world testing on it and said results were very good based on antibody tests

One would need to search to find it

The MRNA vaccines are so different from AZ though......but we don't want to wait until Christmas for our second dose.

cc

UK said that is not a concern. It's building antibodies that counts

Some scientists argue that mixing is a plus in fact giving a wider range of protection

I don't have any links - my Desktop is pretty full already  ... an "organized mess" ac_biggrin greatly compounded by an ultrawide screen
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Mom got AZ. She's open to mixing the second dose.

Anonymous

Ontario, Manitoba and Alberta all had high cases today with Alberta reporting 512 new infections.

cc

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=412104 time=1622226600 user_id=56
Mom got AZ. She's open to mixing the second dose.

Your mom seems to be a really neat person - You lucked in getting her

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=412122 time=1622239233 user_id=3254
Ontario, Manitoba and Alberta all had high cases today with Alberta reporting 512 new infections.

Yes you and us are back up last 2 days.

We are about where opening could start to indicate new cases @#%$%Y^&.

Next cpl of days will tell the tale but we (alone) do not get weekend reports until Monday

UK is climbing quite rapidly since opening up some - daily case numbers almost doubling over past 6 days  :sad:

Vaccines - 67.2@ of all adults and 62.7% of all over 12 years old have now received their 1st dose

Anonymous

Alberta reported 391 cases today on 6,586 tests, meaning a provincial positivity rate of 6.1 per cent.

Anonymous

The USA only had 7750 new cases yesterday.....vaccines are working..

Isreal had five new infections yesterday.

cc

While Sunday counts often fall behind , both countries have been coming down steadily for some while now

US went down 40,000 cases last week & Israel also down a lot

Pretty strong evidence that vaccines work extremely well ... but requires most of population to effectively change life

There is talk about islands for parking the lost souls who do not want life to return back to normalcy :wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=412326 time=1622490287 user_id=3254
The USA only had 7750 new cases yesterday.....vaccines are working..

Isreal had five new infections yesterday.

Aint that amazing. Before vaccines, the US had days of 400,000 cases.

Anonymous

Alberta reported Monday 263 new cases of COVID-19 on 4,411 tests and eight additional deaths.

cc

We had

212 Today

238 Sun

258 Sat

Very good signs for both of us, keeping in mind the real test is in the days and weeks following opening up

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=412342 time=1622500199 user_id=88
We had

212 Today

238 Sun

258 Sat

Very good signs for both of us, keeping in mind the real test is in the days and weeks following opening up

I believe it will be different this time..

I read that the vast majority of people in hospital in Calgary with COVID have not received one dose yet..

More than sixty per cent of Albertans over the age of twelve have now received their first dose.

cc

Yes, it all comes down to how many are vaccinated .. and as many are we may not rise as much

Quotethe vast majority of people in hospital in Calgary with COVID have not received one dose yet

That tells the story

While I have not seen such stats for here or elsewhere, it's logical that things are similar elsewhere

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=412344 time=1622501167 user_id=88
Yes, it all comes down to how many are vaccinated .. and as many are we may not rise as much

Quotethe vast majority of people in hospital in Calgary with COVID have not received one dose yet

That tells the story

While I have not seen such stats for here or elsewhere, it's logical that things are similar elsewhere

I believe cases will rise after Alberta's reopening, but it won't be as bad as the third wave due to mass vaccinations.