The best topic

Replies: 10567
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 05:08:00 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 8 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Odinson

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=415677 time=1626037482 user_id=56
Quote from: Odinson post_id=415676 time=1626036541 user_id=136
Dont do it Seoul.

These people serve the Chinese goverment.

I forgot, ur one of them. :001_rolleyes:

I dont get flu shots or stuff like that.

This is a small town, I think I'll manage without a vaccine.

cc

Where are you coming from, Seoul? Like WTF?

If it blocks 95% of those exposed from becoming infected .. it's a vaccine ffs ... and greatly effective as a vaccine .... which thus prevents 95% of the spread of all those vaxxed .. greatly helping the cause of minimizing this mess

I have never seen the efficiency to block infection even questioned by any scientist

And yes, it's ALSO an effective  symptom treatment for the 5% that get infected

Then, I've already said all of that  :confused1:
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Odinson

Real men dont need vaccines.

Testosterone protects us from all illnesses.

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=415681 time=1626041671 user_id=136
Real men dont need vaccines.

Testosterone protects us from all illnesses.

That leaves out all the sissy males on VF.

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=415678 time=1626037826 user_id=114
Quote from: Odinson post_id=415676 time=1626036541 user_id=136
Dont do it Seoul.

These people serve the Chinese goverment.

I am not doing it.

I have antibodies from getting the virus and recovering. I don't need a useless vaccine that is a actually a treatment instead of a vaccine.

What harm would come from getting at least one dose.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=415674 time=1626032054 user_id=88
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=415672 time=1626030992 user_id=114

But, my understanding is that vaccines prevent people from getting sick(treatment) rather than prevent people from catching the virus.

For the 5 % who do get infected they do exactly that

Vaccines totally prevent infection is 95% of people who are subjected to the disease .. so do not get sick and thus do not spread

For the few who do catch it, yes, they are greatly protected from severe symptoms

Thus vaccines are a double win (prevention for most and reduction of severity for the few who catch it

That's the beauty of them - Win / win .. even for the few who lose round 1, they still usually win round 2

I read vaccinated people can still transmit the virus.

Frood

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=415693 time=1626093439 user_id=114

But, my understanding is that vaccines prevent people from getting sick(treatment) rather than prevent people from catching the virus.

Vaccines totally prevent infection is 95% of people who are subjected to the disease .. so do not get sick and thus do not spread

For the few who do catch it, yes, they are greatly protected from severe symptoms

Thus vaccines are a double win (prevention for most and reduction of severity for the few who catch it

That's the beauty of them - Win / win .. even for the few who lose round 1, they still usually win round 2

They do... and get infected easier. 60/40 percent in hospital are so called "vaccinated" over the unvaxxed.

That tells you something...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=415694 time=1626094363 user_id=1676

They do... and get infected easier. 60/40 percent in hospital are so called "vaccinated" over the unvaxxed.

source?

Anonymous

Seoul, why do think the number of cases across Canada has dropped so much?

Gaon

The Russian Rock It

cc

^^^ I still will in close quarters with people

Of course if someone of the 5% gets it they can transmit same as any infected person .. although symptoms and transmission period are shortened as previously discussed

Anyone not infected, whether vaxxed or nor cannot transmit .. Needing to be infected to transit is basic viruses 101

What have you been reading lately???

cc

Quote from: "
seoul"

source?

Right approach .. You might have to wait for that a while .

and what are your sources for all the above you have been volunteering of late?

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=415713 time=1626114974 user_id=88

Quote from: "
seoul"

source?

Right approach .. You might have to wait for that a while .

and what are your sources for all the above you have been volunteering of late?

I read that not a small number of people who are testing positive in Israel have been double dosed. Now they aren't getting  sick, so that tells me vaccines are more like treatments.

cc

Quoteso that tells me vaccines are more like treatments.

That's distorting the reality with a small fact while ignoring the main fact

They are mainly (20-1) a preventative for 95% and "secondarily"  a treatment for the 1 in 20 who becomes infected (definitely a good byproduct)

We are in agreement I think, it's your wording implying they are "only" a treatment that is distorting the overall picture and throwing me

Prevention is the major factor by far .. well, by 20 to 1

That said, I do find the 1 in 20 instances "treatment" part a wonderful bonus ... as in the overall picture the odds become far better that 1 in 20 thanks to weaker symptoms for those few who beat the 1 in 20 odds and of catch it

One has to worry less about being in that 1 in 20 chance it doesn't "prevent" .. as it will them silently act as a type of treatment by easing symptoms .. again, Win / Win

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=415715 time=1626117098 user_id=88
Quoteso that tells me vaccines are more like treatments.

That's distorting the reality with a small fact while ignoring the main fact

They are mainly (20-1) a preventative for 95% and "secondarily"  a treatment for the 1 in 20 who becomes infected (definitely a good byproduct)

We are in agreement I think, it's your wording implying they are "only" a treatment that is distorting the overall picture and throwing me

Prevention is the major factor by far .. well, by 20 to 1

That said, I do find the 1 in 20 instances "treatment" part a wonderful bonus ... as in the overall picture the odds become far better that 1 in 20 thanks to weaker symptoms for those few who beat the 1 in 20 odds and of catch it

One has to worry less about being in that 1 in 20 chance it doesn't "prevent" .. as it will them silently act as a type of treatment by easing symptoms .. again, Win / Win

Apparently Israel does more testing of the fully vaccinated. I believe if more fully vaccinated people in Canada were tested, the daily infection rate would be much higher.

Vaccines are working very well keeping people out of hospitals. But, I no longer believe they are as effective as the companies claim at stopping transmission.