The best topic

Replies: 10554
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:33:35 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=419408 time=1630078103 user_id=88
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=419401 time=1630060734 user_id=114
Quote from: Odinson post_id=419396 time=1630059847 user_id=136
Israel... Corona spreading.

They are all jabbed and now they are dying.

Canada has a higher percentage of people vaccinated than Israel.

It does, but jabs are helping keep people alive in Israel and everywhere vaccinations  are numerous

I now run a new "last 10 weeks" formula for deaths / case (to get "today" post-vaccine results  as "overall" results are dominated by high pre-vaccine data going back 1 1/2 years & do not reflect today)

I also set back cases by 2 weeks to allow that deaths are not immediate .. pretty accurate I think to get a handle on "today

Israel is doing well at 0.35% = 1 in 285 cases

UK is best at 0.24% = 1 in 410 cases

Alberta, always best anywhere in the past is 0.82% = 1 in 121 cases (still better than overall)

Previously a bit behind Alberta all along we are now ahead on "last 10 weeks" at 0.64% = 1 in 150 cases

All the above are well below older / from the start data - and concretely demonstrate  that vaccines keep many more people alive

UK used mostly AZ which original data showed a lower infection prevention does keep people from getting really sick as their numbers are the best I know of (despite a high case rate)

In short, instead of killing people as advertised by eager conspiracy theorists  ac_smile ... vaccines save many lives

That is good.

Anonymous

Ontario will announce a form of proof-of-vaccine certification....commonly known as a vaccine passport for the province, sources tell CBC News..

The plan is expected to be revealed early next week.

Anonymous

We had 258 new cases today. That's our highest in three months.

Anonymous

Our daily case count keeps going up....1168 cases today..

Alberta Health Services are postponing some non-urgent surgeries.

Odinson

Sad but interesting things happening in Israel.

Half of the corona patients at ER are double jabbed.

The only way to protect yourself is by moving to lapland and burying your head in the snow.

cc

You can take your head out of the snow now Odi . The early Israel report was bonkers and is miles from all other studies

Example for just today from Ontario who are studying all cases carefully now and producing daily results

Example Today Results (vaxxed first row   followed by unvaxxed 2nd row)

Vaxx - No Vaxx

% of Pop

75% -  25%

CASES:

147 -   568   

Hospital:

27 -   156   

ICU:

9 - 96

All  Other days are similar ... And Ontario is not doing near as well as most other places for serious and deaths
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Vaccine passports are the tool that will defeat COVID once and for all.

Odinson

I saw a guy giving advice to the shop clerk on how to handle covid.

He looked like one of those bosses who get all the flu shots, virtue signal and do all sorts of crazy stuff.

He was freaking out.

Why do these people have the right to vote?

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=419448 time=1630135508 user_id=136
I saw a guy giving advice to the shop clerk on how to handle covid.

He looked like one of those bosses who get all the flu shots, virtue signal and do all sorts of crazy stuff.

He was freaking out.

Why do these people have the right to vote?

A male Karen.

Anonymous

A new study adds to growing evidence suggesting that the Delta coronavirus variant is not only highly transmissible, but also more dangerous.

Covid-19 patients infected with the Delta variant had about double the risk of hospitalization compared to those infected with the Alpha variant, according to the study published Friday in the journal Lancet Infectious Diseases.

"The results suggest that patients with the Delta variant had more than two times the risk of hospital admission compared with patients with the Alpha variant," researchers from Public Health England and the University of Cambridge wrote in their new study.

cc

Difference between 75 % vaxxed vs. 25% unvaxxed is dramatic

Check out https://covid-19.ontario.ca/data">https://covid-19.ontario.ca/data for daily comparisons - or scroll 5 posts above for yesterday's comparisons of cases, hospital & ICU

I count single with unvaxxed as very few are single and they are not getting much protection

cc

WOW - This past week, US is up 500.000 to 1 1?2 million cases & 6,800 deaths

deadskinmask

you certainly seem to put alot of time and concern into something that you're allegedly protected against.... are you naturally insecure? i don't give covid a second thought until someone vaccinated brings it up again....

cc

Howdy Guy. Always good to see ya

As to your words, "Meh"

deadskinmask

well.... howdy back at ya.... and as for 'meh', it just seems like much ado about what should be nothing.... no big deal....