The best topic

Replies: 10550
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 05, 2024, 09:26:27 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 14 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=420230 time=1631308112 user_id=88
That sounds contradictory  :confused1:

Sorry, I meant to say emergency room nurse..

A lot of people that would've went to emergency are staying away sunce the pandemic started..

Emergency rooms started filling up during the opening up, but now people are staying away again.

Anonymous

Alberta and Sastchewan continue to have high cases with 1473 and 441 new infections today.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=420231 time=1631309677 user_id=3254
Quote from: cc post_id=420230 time=1631308112 user_id=88
That sounds contradictory  :confused1:

Sorry, I meant to say emergency room nurse..

A lot of people that would've went to emergency are staying away sunce the pandemic started..

Emergency rooms started filling up during the opening up, but now people are staying away again.

Yes, that adds up - In fact. I avoided Emerg  twice since this thing all started

But for my Doc trusting my infection experience and ordering antibiotic immediately based only on my symptom descriptions, I'd be facing a wait for test, results & finally prescription a week or so too late .... whereas Emerg tests, gets results within an hour  and prescribes

Emerg is just one of the things we lose on thanks to this virus and made worse by the unvaxxed
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/cdc-finds-unvaccinated-11-times-more-likely-to-die-of-covid-19-1.5580949">CDC finds unvaccinated 11 times more likely to die of COVID-19

New U.S. studies released Friday show the COVID-19 vaccines remain highly effective against hospitalizations and death even as the extra-contagious Delta variant swept the country.

One study tracked over 600,000 COVID-19 cases in 13 states from April through mid-July. As delta surged in early summer, those who were unvaccinated were 4.5 times more likely than the fully vaccinated to get infected,

& over 10 times more likely to be hospitalized and 11 times more likely to die, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

[10 / 1 is the number I'm finding in several provinces and most everywhere]

Guess who is filling hospitals and stopping most surgeries - The very same kind of self-centered slobs blocking overworked & worn out Hospital personnel & ambulances from getting into Hospitals ?- at least here in BC & I suspect elsewhere

I'd settle for a 4 week hunting season - we should be able to eliminate most all of them in that period of time

Anonymous

Anonymous

Our provincial government is setting up vaccine passports.

The Alberta government hasn't yet made any concrete plans for a vaccine passport for the province so far, but Health Minister Tyler Shandro said it is looking at all the pros and cons of such a document.

Speaking during a media availability in Rocky Mountain House, Alta. on Friday, he said there is more that needs to be done before a vaccine passport can be rolled out.

"The first work that has to be done is to ensure Albertans have their vaccine records in the palm of their hand for us to come out, like other provinces are doing," he said. "I expect it to be next week for the printable card, same as B.C., which will also be launched next week.

"The second step is to make sure we have the ability for others who want a restriction in their workplace or in their business for it to be accessed quickly and that's the QR code. When it comes to the issue of whether it's going to be governed and mandated, we have, as we've communicated before as the premier has said before, we are enabling those businesses and workplaces to make those decisions."

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/lethbridge-mla-calls-out-government-over-lack-of-action-on-covid-19-pandemic-1.5581016">https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/lethbridge-m ... -1.5581016">https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/lethbridge-mla-calls-out-government-over-lack-of-action-on-covid-19-pandemic-1.5581016

Anonymous

Quebec's daily cases are moving up too..

Still much lower on a per capita basis than Alberta or Saskatchewan, or even BC, but the trend is up..

Today they recorded 995 new infections.

Anonymous

Alberta saw an increase in COVID-19 vaccine doses administered over the long weekend..

It's still too early to say if a newly introduced $100 incentive is the reason.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=420247 time=1631362639 user_id=3254 ...... "I expect it to be next week for the printable card, same as B.C., which will also be launched next week.

Our cards do start next week - & can use one's proof given at injection site for a while also

However, card itself is obtainable now - I got mine already in fact - shows bar code, name & check mark for "vaccinated"

Must also show Govt issued picture ID (driver's license or Health Card ) as of Monday

Anonymous

Scott Moe is working with Justine on a national proof of vaccine card for travel. That will be th province's vaccine passport.

I read that a majority of people in Saskatchewan want a vaccine certificate. It will be here soon.

cc

Quote from: Herman post_id=420270 time=1631392370 user_id=1689
Scott Moe is working with Justine on a national proof of vaccine card for travel. That will be th province's vaccine passport.

I read that a majority of people in Saskatchewan want a vaccine certificate. It will be here soon.

Combining the 2 would be good

BC did not trust Trudy to do it right and timely, so proceeded on their own to help their own cause in their own Province

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=420275 time=1631394868 user_id=88
Quote from: Herman post_id=420270 time=1631392370 user_id=1689

Combining the 2 would be good

BC did not trust Trudy to do it right and timely, so proceeded on their own to help their own cause in their own Province

Vaccine passports are necessary.

cc

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=420279 time=1631403745 user_id=2015

I agree totally. It's the only way to some degree of normalcy .. at least for thevaxxed

As for the unvaxxed, that's their problem

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=420280 time=1631404547 user_id=88
Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=420279 time=1631403745 user_id=2015

I agree totally. It's the only way to some degree of normalcy .. at least for thevaxxed

As for the unvaxxed, that's their problem

Hopefully passports will encourage vaccination.

Anonymous

The plan to mandate vaccine passports for nightclubs and crowded events in England will not go ahead, UK Health Secretary Sajid Javid said on Sunday.

It comes after British lawmakers across the political spectrum voiced strong opposition to the plans this week