The best topic

Replies: 7375
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 04:46:53 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Friday"Events such as this pandemic brings out humanities true nature, and truth be told it ain't pretty, selfless nor intelligent.

What could be more selfless than adults fighting over the last twenty four pack of toilet paper at Costco.

Friday

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Friday"Events such as this pandemic brings out humanities true nature, and truth be told it ain't pretty, selfless nor intelligent.

What could be more selfless than adults fighting over the last twenty four pack of toilet paper at Costco.

I presume the selfless aspect is to be found in the net result of sufficient toilet paper in the bathroom resulting in the elimination skidmarks in your undies, yeah?  Presuming of course that you use the TP correctly.
The best day of the week!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Friday"

I presume the selfless aspect is to be found in the net result of sufficient toilet paper in the bathroom resulting in the elimination skidmarks in your undies, yeah?  Presuming of course that you use the TP correctly.

I remember during the Asian financial of 1997,  Koreans donated gold to their government. Man has the human race gone down hill in the last 23 years.

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

[size=120]Germany seals its borders as 100m Europeans on lockdown[/size]

Walls are being raised and mass quarantines enforced across Europe to combat the spread of the coronavirus, with Germany the latest to partly seal its borders, banning entrants from France, Switzerland and Austria from Monday.

More than 100 million people across the continent are on lockdown after Spain announced it would follow Italy in confining citizens to their homes for 15 days unless they had to buy food or medicine, go to work or seek medical treatment.

Spain's death toll from the Covid-19 virus doubled on Sunday to 288 with more than 8,000 infections reported, the second-worst rates after Italy where more than 1,400 have died and more than 21,000 are sick. Italy announced a record one-day death toll of 368 on Sunday.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/15/100m-europeans-on-lockdown-as-countries-battle-coronavirus">https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... oronavirus">https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/15/100m-europeans-on-lockdown-as-countries-battle-coronavirus

Anonymous

Seeing people hoarding products and reselling them on Kijiji, Bonanza, and e-bay during a pandemic is so disheartening Friday.

Odinson

What happens when you get the coronavirus and survive it...

Can you get it again?

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Odinson"What happens when you get the coronavirus and survive it...

Can you get it again?

Yes
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"What happens when you get the coronavirus and survive it...

Can you get it again?

I haven't heard Odi..

I did see on the news that it will become a seasonal flu.

cc

QuoteI did see on the news that it will become a seasonal flu.

That's not established overall. There are many opinions out there .. and I'm not sayin  it won't cool off, but there is no scientific reason to think it will let up

It must be treated as here to stay .. because there is a very good chance it will be

Anonymous

The U.K. is becoming increasingly isolated in its response to the pandemic. It is one of the only major countries of Western Europe to impose few, if any, restrictions on daily life.

The U.K. has emerged somewhat out on its own in the international community.

The government did not introduce measures to close schools, ban large gatherings or sporting events, or impose restrictions on travel.

Contrast this with the United States, where there have been widespread cancellations, from Broadway to the NBA. Some American schools and colleges have shuttered, and President Donald Trump has imposed sweeping international travel bans and declared a national emergency.

Vallance told Sky News said the government hoped to create "herd immunity" in the U.K. to protect the country from future outbreaks. He said achieving this would involve around 60 percent of the U.K.'s 66 million people caching the virus.

"Communities will become immune to it and that's going to be an important part of controlling this longer term," he said.

Not all British health experts and policymakers agree with the government's assessment of how to tackle the outbreak.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/britain-takes-different-approach-coronavirus-outbreak-leaving-some-asking-why-n1157831">https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/brit ... y-n1157831">https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/britain-takes-different-approach-coronavirus-outbreak-leaving-some-asking-why-n1157831

Britain's strategy is to get the whole population infected?

cc

Does not sound wise to me

EDIT - See Down  Below

Friday

I remember during the Asian financial of 1997,  Koreans donated gold to their government. Man has the human race gone down hill in the last 23 years.

I hear ya, sadly it's gonna become a lot worse before it improves - if it improves.

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Seeing people hoarding products and reselling them on Kijiji, Bonanza, and e-bay during a pandemic is so disheartening Friday.

I know and I agree. Last weekend we were out grocery shopping and everyone seemed quite civilized. Mid week we went out for some more veggies/fruit/milk and Christ almighty it was like something out of an end of the world movie. All I kept wondering was, how the hell are seniors supposed to get through and survive this? Fucking govt's need to have provisions in place to help seniors living alone with no family nearby to assist them.
The best day of the week!

Anonymous

I hear ya, sadly it's gonna become a lot worse before it improves - if it improves.

I know and I agree. Last weekend we were out grocery shopping and everyone seemed quite civilized. Mid week we went out for some more veggies/fruit/milk and Christ almighty it was like something out of an end of the world movie. All I kept wondering was, how the hell are seniors supposed to get through and survive this? Fucking govt's need to have provisions in place to help seniors living alone with no family nearby to assist them.

The uncivilized behaviour gets worse every time I go to the grocery store too. I don't go to Costco anymore, it's nuts.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"

The uncivilized behaviour gets worse every time I go to the grocery store too. I don't go to Costco anymore, it's nuts.

Costco was crowded even before the outbreak of the pandemic.