The best topic

Replies: 10566
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 06, 2024, 10:32:53 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 18 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=370636 time=1594349725 user_id=56
History will show that lock downs were the worst decision the West ever made and sucmbags like Fauci, Tam should be held accountable for the devastation their insane quarantines of healthy people have caused.

QuoteJapan Ends Coronavirus Emergency With 850 Deaths and No Lockdown

Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has announced the end of his state of emergency declaration for the novel coronavirus pandemic, with just 851 deaths reported and without ever implementing a lockdown.

https://www.newsweek.com/japan-ends-coronavirus-emergency-850-deaths-no-lockdown-1506336?fbclid=IwAR3qfclnxEQajEzJm8UOAns5ziiEPOqJ9rrZXUD_mlqQoiqXSMXZVEy1bNY">https://www.newsweek.com/japan-ends-cor ... MXZVEy1bNY">https://www.newsweek.com/japan-ends-coronavirus-emergency-850-deaths-no-lockdown-1506336?fbclid=IwAR3qfclnxEQajEzJm8UOAns5ziiEPOqJ9rrZXUD_mlqQoiqXSMXZVEy1bNY

If there is a spike in cases of infection, provinces will go back into lock down. Why not just make everybody who can, wear a mask.

Anonymous

Road injuries are the ninth to 11th leading cause of death every year.

In 2017, about 1.24 million people were killed worldwide.

That is not going to stop most of us from driving to the grocery store, or from ever driving again.

Driving safely does not mean you are immune from becoming a statistic when it comes to road deaths.

But what it does do is lower your risk.

When it comes to COVID-19, consider what you need to do to lower your risk to an acceptable level for you and your family, and then find out the best ways to meet that goal or objective as safely as possible, without unnecessary hardship.

By contrast, the worst thing to do is to become so frustrated by public health warnings that you disregard all of them and do whatever you want, consequences be damned.

Anonymous

Although it is the only treatment the FDA gave approval to so far, I am not impressed with the results of Remdesivir.

Remdesivir cuts death risk: Study

Gilead Sciences Inc. said Friday an analysis showed its antiviral remdesivir helped reduce the risk of death in severely ill COVID-19 patients, but cautioned that rigorous clinical trials were needed to confirm the benefit.

Remdesivir has been at the forefront of the global battle against COVID-19 after the intravenously administered medicine helped shorten hospital recovery times, according to data in April from a separate U.S. government trial.

That study showed a trend toward better survival for remdesivir but the difference wasn't statistically significant.

In the latest analysis, Gilead said it analyzed data from 312 patients treated in its late-stage study and a separate real-world retrospective cohort of 818 patients with similar characteristics and disease severity.

Gilead's late-stage study evaluated the safety and efficacy of five- and 10-day dosing durations of remdesivir in hospitalized patients.

The study didn't have a placebo comparison.

Dr. Susan Olender from Columbia University Irving Medical Center said in the Gilead statement that the analysis draws from a realworld setting and serves as an important adjunct to clinical trial data even as it isn't as vigorous as a randomized controlled trial.

Anonymous

CC, have you read about this?

India's Biocon secures approval use drug on coronavirus patients

India's Biocon Ltd has received regulatory approval for its drug Itolizumab to be used on coronavirus infected patients suffering from moderate to severe respiratory distress, the biopharmaceutical company said in a statement on Saturday.

The drug, which is also used to cure the skin disease psoriasis, was cleared by the Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) for usage in India.

"The randomized control trial indicated that all the patients treated with Itolizumab responded positively and recovered," said Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, the firm's executive chairperson.

The control group which did not receive Itolizumab unfortunately suffered deaths, she said, adding that the "first-in-class" drug will save lives and help reduce the mortality rate in India.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/indias-biocon-secures-approval-use-drug-on-coronavirus-patients">https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/ind ... s-patients">https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/indias-biocon-secures-approval-use-drug-on-coronavirus-patients

cc

No I have not. It sounds promising ^^
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=370869 time=1594490230 user_id=114
CC, have you read about this?

India's Biocon secures approval use drug on coronavirus patients

India's Biocon Ltd has received regulatory approval for its drug Itolizumab to be used on coronavirus infected patients suffering from moderate to severe respiratory distress, the biopharmaceutical company said in a statement on Saturday.

The drug, which is also used to cure the skin disease psoriasis, was cleared by the Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) for usage in India.

"The randomized control trial indicated that all the patients treated with Itolizumab responded positively and recovered," said Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, the firm's executive chairperson.

The control group which did not receive Itolizumab unfortunately suffered deaths, she said, adding that the "first-in-class" drug will save lives and help reduce the mortality rate in India.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/indias-biocon-secures-approval-use-drug-on-coronavirus-patients">https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/ind ... s-patients">https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/indias-biocon-secures-approval-use-drug-on-coronavirus-patients

Oh, I hope it is a game changer.

cc

Some further encouraging news, the vaccine effort by a combination of US and EU firms found that those their current model was tried on consistently  produce considerably more antibodies that having had the illness does

Here's from Motley Fool:

BioNTech (NASDAQ:BNTX) and Pfizer (NYSE:PFE) are right on the heels of Moderna (NASDAQ:MRNA) in the race to potentially develop a messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccine against SARS-CoV-2, the novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19.

In an interview with The Wall Street Journal, BioNTech CEO Ugur Sahin predicted the companies will have enough data for a vaccine to be ready for approval by December. The companies are still trying to figure out which of multiple vaccine candidates should be taken into a 30,000-patient phase 2/3 clinical trial that is scheduled to start this month. The timeline is pretty close to Moderna's, which has indicated it expects data by Thanksgiving from a yet-to-be-started, 30,000-patient phase 3 clinical trial.

Pfizer's CEO, Albert Bourla, has an even more bullish timeline for the duo's vaccine candidate. In an interview with Time, Bourla said, "We should be able in the September time frame to have enough data to say if the vaccine works or not. And to submit that to the FDA. So for a potential approval in October, if we are lucky."

[If all goes well they have and are further gearing up the combined ability to crank out a lot]

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=370874 time=1594491012 user_id=88
Some further encouraging news, the vaccine effort by a combination of US and EU firms found that those their current model was tried on consistently  produce considerably more antibodies that having had the illness does

Here's from Motley Fool:

BioNTech (NASDAQ:BNTX) and Pfizer (NYSE:PFE) are right on the heels of Moderna (NASDAQ:MRNA) in the race to potentially develop a messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccine against SARS-CoV-2, the novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19.

In an interview with The Wall Street Journal, BioNTech CEO Ugur Sahin predicted the companies will have enough data for a vaccine to be ready for approval by December. The companies are still trying to figure out which of multiple vaccine candidates should be taken into a 30,000-patient phase 2/3 clinical trial that is scheduled to start this month. The timeline is pretty close to Moderna's, which has indicated it expects data by Thanksgiving from a yet-to-be-started, 30,000-patient phase 3 clinical trial.

Pfizer's CEO, Albert Bourla, has an even more bullish timeline for the duo's vaccine candidate. In an interview with Time, Bourla said, "We should be able in the September time frame to have enough data to say if the vaccine works or not. And to submit that to the FDA. So for a potential approval in October, if we are lucky."

[If all goes well they have and are further gearing up the combined ability to crank out a lot]

That would be terrific.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=370874 time=1594491012 user_id=88

Here's from Motley Fool:

I hate to burst your bubble, but even if it does receive fast track approval in the US and other Western countries in 2021, it will still take a couple of years for things to return to normal. You would need half the world's population at least to get vaccinated before travel can resume which is what we need to get the world back on it's feet. That won't happen quickly even after an effective vaccine is available.

cc

You could never burst my optimism bubble .. and more so  when it's based on real future life improvement over today

You sure are miserable last cpl of days. You may deny it, but I'm still not convinced Fash didn't pee on your KFC

Since when is a positive step not a positive? .. I'll always take a win of any kind and appreciate it.

Life is a step at a time. Clearing locals anywhere will be a huge step for them (instead of as we are now, stuck in limbo)

FFS, take one positive step, then shoot for and achieve the next step, then the next, then the next .. Steps!! That's life

Apart from that, since when does the state of travel to poorer countries matter to us economically in any major way?

In fact, since when couldn't we do without long distance travel anyhow, .. not that we would likely have to

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=370900 time=1594497679 user_id=88
You could never burst my optimism bubble .. and more so  when it's based on real future life improvement over today

You sure are miserable last cpl of days. You may deny it, but I'm still not convinced Fash didn't pee on your KFC

Since when is a positive step not a positive? .. I'll always take a win of any kind and appreciate it.

Life is a step at a time. Clearing locals anywhere will be a huge step for them (instead of as we are now, stuck in limbo)

FFS, take one positive step, then shoot for and achieve the next step, then the next, then the next .. Steps!! That's life

Apart from that, since when does the state of travel to poorer countries matter to us economically in any major way?

In fact, since when couldn't we do without long distance travel anyhow, .. not that we would likely have to

Shen Li has been in a mood lately..

Much like when Mel gets in a mood, I'm sure it's my fault.

cc

Don't you dare take responsibility for someone else's actions

I think it's mainly trolling anyhow

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=371012 time=1594586816 user_id=88
Don't you dare take responsibility for someone else's actions

I think it's mainly trolling anyhow

Moi?? I'm always serious. ac_sothere

cc

Odinson

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=371005 time=1594582594 user_id=3254
Quote from: cc post_id=370900 time=1594497679 user_id=88

Shen Li has been in a mood lately..

Much like when Mel gets in a mood, I'm sure it's my fault.

As the leader, you are responsible for the behavior of your men.