The best topic

Replies: 10551
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:15:13 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 12 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

New Brunswick is in a record breaking fourth wave like Saskatchewan and Alberta.

cc

Update Comparison -  Death / Case Rate Over Last 10 Weeks

UK   0.33%

US   1.10%

CA   0.84%

Israel 0.32%

France   0.45%

BC    0.59%

Alta   0.70%

ON   1.19%

Florida   1.52%

Texas   1.62%

Obtained from data on Worldometer for countries and States - & Global News for Provinces

Today's Totals minus  10 Weeks Ago Totals  - (I do set the 10 weeks of cases back 2 weeks in time to get closer to reality for a bit more accuracy, as deaths don't usually happen immediately)

I keep a few more, but 10 I'm able to replicate in a list for easy copy / posting
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

While Florida's daily case count remains high their hospitalizations, including ICU continue to drop..

And lately the death rate from COVID in the Sunshine State is the lowest of any jurisdiction in the world I've seen..

They appear to be doing much better managin the effects of COVID than Texas is.

cc

That's not case count - That's Deaths  per Case rate over past 10 weeks (Deaths / Cases shown as a percentage)

Dunno what's going on there . The totals over last 10 weeks consistently show Florida  & Texas as very bad compared to most other areas of the world

For a long time, Alberta had an exceptionally good rate and better that us - It's still one of the better ones but we have moved ahead for last few months

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=422321 time=1633312742 user_id=3254
While Florida's daily case count remains high their hospitalizations, including ICU continue to drop..

And lately the death rate from COVID in the Sunshine State is the lowest of any jurisdiction in the world I've seen..

Ron Desantis securing supplies of monoclonal antobodies can take credit for that. This was done much to the chagrin of old Jim Crow Joe.

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=422327 time=1633313642 user_id=1689
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=422321 time=1633312742 user_id=3254

Ron Desantis securing supplies of monoclonal antobodies can take credit for that. This was done much to the chagrin of old Jim Crow Joe.

That was probably the biggest factor reducing the fatality rate from COVID-19 in Florida.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=422325 time=1633313296 user_id=88
That's not case count - That's Deaths  per Case rate over past 10 weeks (Deaths / Cases shown as a percentage)

Dunno what's going on there . The totals over last 10 weeks consistently show Florida  & Texas as very bad compared to most other areas of the world

For a long time, Alberta had an exceptionally good rate and better that us - It's still one of the better ones but we have moved ahead for last few months

I know..

Florida has had a remarkably low COVID fatality rate lately..

This coincided with that state securing antobodies treaments for hospitals.....I assume there's a connection.

cc

The lone Oiler Player (Josh Archibald) who refused vax got infected past summer and has developed serious heart muscle problem

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=422332 time=1633314387 user_id=88
The lone Oiler Player (Josh Archibald) who refused vax got infected and has very serious heart muscle problem

I didn't know this, so I looked it up..

It's Josh Archibald....he turns twenty nine years old on Wednesday.

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=422332 time=1633314387 user_id=88
The lone Oiler Player (Josh Archibald) who refused vax got infected past summer and has developed serious heart muscle problem

Serves his ignorant brainwashed anti-vaxxing ass right.

cc

When did Florida start that? .. I ask as deaths / case rates  over past  10 weeks have always been very bad and remain bad

I erred and gave "overall rate" for both states - corrected rates for past 10 weeks are

Texas 1.28% or 1 in 78 cases

Florida 1.41% or 1 in 71 cases

All others were spot on

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=422337 time=1633314907 user_id=88
When did Florida start that? .. I ask as totals for 10 weeks for deaths / case have always been very bad

Not that long ago cc..

Perhaps one month at the most..

It seems there governor secured monoclonal antibodies supplies and got them into hospitals across the state..

I remember all of a sudden their death rate from COVID went from high to among the lowest in the world..

If it is atrributable to the antibodies threatments, what happens when they run out of supplies.

cc

Yes. Maybe 10 last week rate rate will start to improve - I show no improvement over last month

Biden stepped in and cut them back last week .. set a quota ... DeSantis is trying to buy more direct from factory

cc

If they help a lot, why are not others using them? ... including us

Florida did not report at all today - They always did 7 days a week