The best topic

Replies: 10553
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:28:38 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by deport_liberals

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 10 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=422346 time=1633316118 user_id=88
If they help a lot, why are not others using them? ... including us

Scott Moe is the Ron Desantis of the North. He is putting pressure on Justine to get us supplies of the treatment.

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=422342 time=1633315591 user_id=88
Yes. Maybe 10 last week rate rate will start to improve - I show no improvement over last month

Biden stepped in and cut them back last week .. set a quota ... DeSantis is trying to buy more direct from factory

It should start showing very soon....Florida's death rate has been exceptionally low for about three weeks I would guess..

Their hospitalization rate also dropped ten per cent last week.

Anonymous

Most of us who caught and recovered from COVID should be good for a year.

Antibodies Persist for More Than a Year After COVID-19 Infection, Study Finds

The immune systems of the vast majority of people who have been infected with the CCP virus will continue to carry antibodies against the virus for at least 12 months, according to a peer-reviewed study accepted by the European Journal of Immunology on Sept. 24.

Scientists at the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare studied the presence of antibodies in 1,292 subjects eight months after infection. They found that 96 percent of the subjects still carried neutralizing antibodies and 66 percent still carried a type of antibody called nucleoprotein IgG.

The scientists then investigated antibody levels one year after infection by randomly selecting 367 subjects from the original cohort who hadn't yet been vaccinated. Eighty-nine percent of the subjects still carried neutralizing antibodies, and 36 percent still carried the IgG antibody.

Antibody levels were higher in subjects who had experienced severe COVID-19 disease. Compared to those who had mild disease, these subjects had two to seven times as many antibodies for at least 13 months after infection.

Despite lasting protection against the original strain of the CCP virus, the study found that the neutralization efficiency against the Alpha, Beta, and Delta variants waned over time. The reduction in efficiency was "considerably declined" for the Beta variant and was "only slightly reduced" against the Alpha variant. For the Delta variant, which is the dominant strain in the United States, the study found that 80 percent of the subjects still had immune protection 12 months after infection.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_morningbrief/antibodies-persist-for-more-than-a-year-after-covid-19-infection-study-finds_4029278.html?utm_source=morningbriefnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mb-2021-10-04&mktids=5d8985f34914a7dc216f7895cae78114&est=KrAAjzfXhfTTDVZY89dkMmJLQ%2FVuiSArO8JXSReXBH2lnDlhREGsIA5PXEqlNld%2BpQ%3D%3D">https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_morni ... 2BpQ%3D%3D">https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_morningbrief/antibodies-persist-for-more-than-a-year-after-covid-19-infection-study-finds_4029278.html?utm_source=morningbriefnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mb-2021-10-04&mktids=5d8985f34914a7dc216f7895cae78114&est=KrAAjzfXhfTTDVZY89dkMmJLQ%2FVuiSArO8JXSReXBH2lnDlhREGsIA5PXEqlNld%2BpQ%3D%3D

Anonymous

Alberta had 4,037 cases and twenty one deaths over the weekend, which is about eleven hundred cases lower than the previous weekend.

1,126 Cases on October 3

1,282 Cases on October 2

1,629 Cases on October 1

Odinson

cc

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=422387 time=1633385017 user_id=3254
Alberta had 4,037 cases and twenty one deaths over the weekend, which is about eleven hundred cases lower than the previous weekend.

1,126 Cases on October 3

1,282 Cases on October 2

1,629 Cases on October 1

I'm guessin the dates are out 1 day  & those are for Sat, Sun & today? .. the downward trend is good after the preceding high previous 3 days

BTW. What site do you use? - I ask as Global is giving only the 3 day total  .. although they do often revise as day progresses

cc

We are 662 today, 707 Sun & 617 Sat - Total 10 deaths over those 3 days

VACCINATION COMPARISONS:

The unvaccinated caught COVID-19 at a rate of 295.7 per 100,000 population during that period, the ministry said,

compared to 35.8 per 100,000 among the fully vaccinated.

The unvaccinated were hospitalized at a rate of 40.5 per 100,000 population during that period,

compared to 1.6 per 100,000 among the fully vaccinated.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=422404 time=1633389447 user_id=88
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=422387 time=1633385017 user_id=3254

1,126 Cases on October 3

1,282 Cases on October 2

1,629 Cases on October 1

I'm guessin the dates are out 1 day  & those are for Sat, Sun & today? .. the downward trend is good after the preceding high previous 3 days

BTW. What site do you use? - I ask as Global is giving only the 3 day total  .. although they do often revise as day progresses

I should have changed the dates by one day..

I use this website.

https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx">https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info ... rtans.aspx">https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx

Anonymous

Active cases are plateauing in Alberta, but my union and the NDP keep calling for a full lockdown..

The simple fact is the number of active cases in Alberta appears to have peaked on September 25.....notable before the latest set of restrictions were even introduced.

Anonymous

Alabama and Alberta are both subnational jurisdictions that are currently perceived to be at a crisis point in terms of COVID-19's drain on the health-care system. Yet, despite equivalent populations, Alabama has 1,531 intensive care beds and Alberta has only 370. In other words, if Alberta had even half the health-care capacity of Alabama, it wouldn't have a COVID-19 crisis at all.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=422428 time=1633400642 user_id=56
Alabama and Alberta are both subnational jurisdictions that are currently perceived to be at a crisis point in terms of COVID-19's drain on the health-care system. Yet, despite equivalent populations, Alabama has 1,531 intensive care beds and Alberta has only 370. In other words, if Alberta had even half the health-care capacity of Alabama, it wouldn't have a COVID-19 crisis at all.

AHS was supposed to triple ICU capacity.

Anonymous

Alberta reported 663 cases, but twenty six deaths today.

Anonymous