The best topic

Replies: 10567
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 05:08:00 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 29 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=428724 time=1638228546 user_id=88
Our reports are slow of late

I have not mentioned it here, but BC's focus in on the absolute disaster of damage due to rainfall  . . with the Mother of all Rainfalls due for a few days from now  as the killer blow

It's no big deal where I am, but the East Fraser Valley & Interior areas are disasters beyond imagination .. with far worse yet to come if forecast holds up .. with effects on transportation, agriculture  and supply of goods to last for months if not years .... and that's not counting the individual specific horrendous problems for so many  individual  residents in the middle of it all

EDIT - BC Data is in now

Nov. 26-27: 389 new cases

Nov. 27-28: 309 new cases

Nov. 28-29: 272 new cases

91.1% & 87.8% Vaxxed

Past week, cases per 100,000 population

Not vaccinated: 182

Fully vaccinated: 22.6

Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population

Not vaccinated: 37

Fully vaccinated: 2

Still maintaining  approx.  8/1 infected & 20/1 Hospitalized

Our population with at least one dose is now 89.2 per cent and over eighty four per cent are fully vaccinated.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=428750 time=1638234242 user_id=3254
Quote from: cc post_id=428724 time=1638228546 user_id=88

91.1% & 87.8% Vaxxed

Our population with at least one dose is now 89.2 per cent and over eighty four per cent are fully vaccinated.

Good stuff. You guys have got going & done well of late

Are passports in effect for bars, restaurants etc.?  That gets people to get on board
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

cc

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

cc

Can you please get the few of your tribe to please stop while I'm having a nice dry red

http://www.zombiepit.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/zombie-window-2-522x396.png">

Frood

I'm glad you jabbed are dying off....

The injections have been the largest IQ test rendered ever, and you've failed....

ac_dance
Blahhhhhh...

Odinson

The people who have been jabbed..

Which vaccine was it?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=428770 time=1638237631 user_id=1676

The injections have been the largest IQ test rendered ever, and you've failed....

ac_dance

You've never been able to post data that shows COVID vaccines do anything less than save lives because no such data exists.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=428812 time=1638271447 user_id=3254
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=428770 time=1638237631 user_id=1676

ac_dance

You've never been able to post data that shows COVID vaccines do anything less than save lives because no such data exists.

Anti vaxxers should stick to opposing mandates and vaccine passports.

Anonymous

Biden tried to assure Americans on Monday that the fight against the newest variant of the coronavirus would not include "shutdowns or lockdowns."

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=428818 time=1638272482 user_id=114
Biden tried to assure Americans on Monday that the fight against the newest variant of the coronavirus would not include "shutdowns or lockdowns."

I hope we don't shut down the world again.

cc

If they  including  Provincial Health people were smart, they would all stop making promises of any kind when they have no way to predict the future effects of anything  nor can they see  natural trends ahead of time

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=428825 time=1638289201 user_id=88

If they  including  Provincial Health people were smart, they would all stop making promises of any kind when they have no way to predict the future effects of anything  nor can they see  natural trends ahead of time

I cannot argue with that.

Anonymous

It's a bit too early to say if this variant aint all that aggressive.

Israeli immunologist says Omicron variant could be 'light at the end of the tunnel'

https://www.theblaze.com/news/israeli-immunologist-omicron-light-at-end-of-tunnel?utm_source=theblaze-breaking&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20211130Trending-AutoTrendingPM&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Breaking%20News">https://www.theblaze.com/news/israeli-i ... ing%20News">https://www.theblaze.com/news/israeli-immunologist-omicron-light-at-end-of-tunnel?utm_source=theblaze-breaking&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20211130Trending-AutoTrendingPM&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Breaking%20News

An Israeli immunologist suggested this week that the spread of the newly detected Omicron variant — which has sparked panic and resulted in travel bans worldwide — may actually signal the beginning of the end of the global COVID-19 pandemic.

"In my view maybe this new variant is the light at the end of the tunnel," Hebrew University of Jerusalem's Zvika Granot said Tuesday in an interview with i24 News, an Israeli international media network, adding, "This is a variant that is highly infectious but maybe not as aggressive."

During the interview, Granot argued that pandemics don't normally end due entirely to an effective vaccine. Rather, he said, "herd immunity" is often achieved when the virus ultimately mutates to become highly transmissible but minimally aggressive.

There are early indicators coming out of South Africa — where Omicron was first detected last week — showing that such may be the case for the new variant of concern.

"When you look at the future and try to envision how this will end one day, it's most likely not going to be because we got a fantastic vaccine. It just doesn't work this way and we have a lot of experience with viruses like the flu," Granot said.

"The way that it will end, at least in my view, is when we encounter this new variant that is highly infectious but is not very aggressive, meaning that a lot of people will get infected but none of them will develop serious symptoms. And in a sense that will be the way the population will really gain herd immunity, and then the coronavirus will just fade away," he added.

Mass hysteria followed Omicron's identification last week, as scientists issued warnings about the strain's unprecedented number of mutations and governments around the world enacted travel bans to stem the pathogen's spread. Global markets also cratered in response to concerns over the new variant.

On Monday, Moderna's CEO caused further alarm by suggesting that current COVID-19 vaccines may not be effective against Omicron.

Granot was careful to note that further study is needed and that there still may be reasons for concern. It's certainly possible that the current vaccines are less effective against the variant, he said, though he noted that "the truth is, we really don't know."

But the issue of vaccine efficacy could prove largely inconsequential if Omicron is found to be minimally aggressive, as Granot surmised.

He noted that such a revelation would not be surprising since respiratory viruses like the coronavirus generally fizzle out by evolving to "be less and less aggressive."