The best topic

Replies: 10567
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 05:08:00 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 28 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Alberta reported 238 cases today..

We also detected our first case of the Omicron variant today from a traveller returning from Nigeria via the Netherlands..

With this, the province announced the return of enhanced contact tracing and notification, PCR testing for close contacts, and rapid testing for households and schools for cases detected among returning international travellers.

cc

Ya, we got a XI case today also -  & are screwing up daytrippers at border as well

They closed the door after the donkey got away
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=428873 time=1638321888 user_id=88
Ya, we got a XI case today also -  & are screwing up daytrippers at border as well

They closed the door after the donkey got away

We 've done that before.

Anonymous

Anonymous

The Jim Crow Joe administration is considering far more restrictive requirements on travelers to the U.S. in the wake of the threat of a resurgence from the omicron variant of the coronavirus.

The Washington Post reported on Tuesday what that plan might include, based on three federal health officials.

The plan may call for all visitors to be tested one day before boarding their flight, regardless of whether they have been vaccinated, and no matter what the country of origination is. Officials are considering calling on all visitors to be retested three days after arriving in the U.S.

Even stricter is the possibility that travelers might be called to quarantine themselves for seven days, even if they tested negatively.

If travelers violate the restrictions they may be punished with fines and penalties.

Anonymous

The very first case of the newly identified COVID-19 Omicron variant has been detected in California, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced on Wednesday.

In a news release, the public health agency said the new variant was detected in a fully vaccinated American traveler who returned from South Africa on Nov. 22.

"The individual, who was fully vaccinated and had mild symptoms that are improving, is self-quarantining and has been since testing positive," the CDC noted.

cc

Canada has it in at least 3 provinces .. BC, Alta (Fash I "think" said that) & ON

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=429004 time=1638408630 user_id=88
Canada has it in at least 3 provinces .. BC, Alta (Fash I "think" said that) & ON

Yes, we do..

A man returning to Canada from Nigeria via Nietherlands.

Anonymous

Israel, Japan and Morocco, banned foreign travelers altogether.

Anonymous

I believe the hype over Omicron is overblown. We will know better by the middle of the month.

Omicron appears to be producing more mild cases of COVID-19 so far. Public health officials are encouraged—but cautious

The Omicron variant of COVID-19 has rattled global markets and led countries across the world to enforce new travel bans. But there are some early signs suggesting that Omicron fears may be overblown owing to the mild nature of infections caused by the variant so far.

"Currently, there is no reason for panicking, as we don't see severely ill patients," Dr. Angelique Coetzee, chair of the South African Medical Association, told the Telegraph. Coetzee said COVID-19 patients infected with Omicron most often complain of "severe fatigue" for one or two days combined with headaches and body aches before their conditions improve. She said some patients also experience a dry cough or scratchy throat.

Public health experts say it is far too early to make firm proclamations about the severity of Omicron based on Coetzee's early anecdotal data. Coetzee herself explained that the vast majority of the patients she saw were under the age of 40 and therefore less susceptible to severe infections to begin with.

Meanwhile, there is little or no data regarding how many Omicron patients have been partially or fully vaccinated or previously infected with another variant of COVID-19. Experts also don't know how deadly Omicron may be among more vulnerable populations.

https://fortune.com/2021/11/29/omicron-covid-symptoms-new-variant-mild-cases-health-experts-early-information/">https://fortune.com/2021/11/29/omicron- ... formation/">https://fortune.com/2021/11/29/omicron-covid-symptoms-new-variant-mild-cases-health-experts-early-information/

Anonymous

Other countries will follow..

My husband and I are really worried how this will affect our trip to Europe.

Here are details of the measures Singapore will undertake:

From December 3, all air travelers entering or transiting through Singapore must take a Polymerase Chain Reaction, or PCR, test on arrival,

People entering via air Vaccinated Travel Lanes will have to take additional supervised rapid COVID tests on day three and seven after arrival,

Enhanced testing measures for inbound travelers will last initially for a month,

Airport and border front-line workers in contact with travellers from regions affected by Omicron will have to take weekly PCR tests,

Travelers from seven African states who entered Singapore between November 12 and 27 will have to take one-time PCR tests,

Confirmed or suspected Omicron-infected patients will be required to quarantine for 10 days in government facilities.

cc

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=429082 time=1638446003 user_id=114

Omicron appears to be producing more mild cases of COVID-19 so far. Public health officials are encouraged—but cautious

Key word is "appears". That is what SA said early on with little time and cases to know for sure.

I sure hope it turns out to be true, and it could turn out to be true but until more time goes by and a large number of cases is examined we don't know yet. .. typical of everything to do with covid  time to learn is needed

I'm not positive, but I think the easy day-tripping to the US was cut off as fast as it started

Anonymous

cc

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=429091 time=1638474521 user_id=2015
Cases have risen sharply in Ontario and Quebec.

Yes.

Can't speak for QB but Ontario has been producing comparison of vaxxed vs unvaxxed for a while now and %ages have not changed

I regularly post BC's comparisons of cases & hospitalizations and they are holding consistently

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=429091 time=1638474521 user_id=2015
Cases have risen sharply in Ontario and Quebec.

Over eleven hundred new cases today in Quebec and almost one thousand in Ontario.