The best topic

Replies: 10568
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:58:34 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 20 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

The number of people in Alberta confirmed with the omicron variant of COVID-19 has jumped to 11 as of Monday, up from four on Friday..

All are reporting only mild symptoms and recovering at home.

Anonymous

Alberta reported

187 Cases on December 6

252 Cases on December 5

349 Cases on December 4

There are 366 In hospital and 72 In intensive care.

cc

We were

Dec. 3-4: 351 new cases

Dec. 4-5: 311 new cases

Dec. 5-6: 284 new cases

Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 19 to Dec. 2)

Not vaccinated: 31.7

Fully vaccinated: 1.8

(Numbers remain consistent)

Did you see my mention (previous page) > "Merck to produce it's covid antiviral Moinupiravic in Ontario" ??
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=429549 time=1638834090 user_id=3254
The number of people in Alberta confirmed with the omicron variant of COVID-19 has jumped to 11 as of Monday, up from four on Friday..

All are reporting only mild symptoms and recovering at home.

That is welcome news.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=429563 time=1638836604 user_id=88
We were

Dec. 3-4: 351 new cases

Dec. 4-5: 311 new cases

Dec. 5-6: 284 new cases

Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 19 to Dec. 2)

Not vaccinated: 31.7

Fully vaccinated: 1.8

(Numbers remain consistent)

Did you see my mention (previous page) > "Merck to produce it's covid antiviral Moinupiravic in Ontario" ??

At an existing facility or build a new one. I hope it's at an existing facility. Otherwise we will be waiting a long time for domestic production.

cc

I addressed that on prev. page - It could be existing plant that could be quick .. I dunno - otherwise I hope we order lots from existing plants

I'll try to find more - I saw a blurb on Global New's trailer at screen bottom & that's all I have

cc

https://globalnews.ca/video/8428102/merck-to-begin-manufacturing-covid-19-antiviral-pills-in-whitby-ont">Merck to begin manufacturing COVID-19 antiviral pills in Whitby, Ont.

Merck announced on Monday that it would begin manufacturing its antiviral pill "Molnupiravir" at the Thermo Fisher Scientific plant in Whitby, Ont. The plant will be part of a network of three plants that will supply Molnupiravir to "upper and middle income countries," said Merck Canada president and managing director Marwan Akar.

cc

THE GOOD NEWS!!!!! - Plant is ready to rumble

https://globalnews.ca/video/8428107/whitbys-thermo-fisher-scientific-plant-ready-to-begin-supplying-molnupiravir-upon-approval-merck-says">Whitby's Thermo Fisher Scientific plant [size=130]ready to begin supplying Molnupiravir [/size]upon approval, Merck says

Merck Canada president and managing director Marwan Akar said Monday that the Thermo Fisher Scientific plant in Whitby, Ont., will be ready to begin manufacturing and supplying Molnupiravir, Merck's COVID-19 antiviral treatment, soon after receiving approval from Health Canada.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=429570 time=1638837591 user_id=88
I addressed that on prev. page - It could be existing plant that could be quick .. I dunno - otherwise I hope we order lots from existing plants

I'll try to find more - I saw a blurb on Global New's trailer at screen bottom & that's all I have

So do I.

cc

I missed that - look just above for the good news

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=429573 time=1638837885 user_id=88
THE GOOD NEWS!!!!! - Plant is ready to rumble

Whitby's Thermo Fisher Scientific plant [size=130]ready to begin supplying Molnupiravir [/size]upon approval, Merck says

Merck Canada president and managing director Marwan Akar said Monday that the Thermo Fisher Scientific plant in Whitby, Ont., will be ready to begin manufacturing and supplying Molnupiravir, Merck's COVID-19 antiviral treatment, soon after receiving approval from Health Canada.

I read that. This is how we are going to move from a pandemic to an endemic.

cc

Yes. It's good news and important in the overall mess .. especially that they are ready to go  .. which  will put heat on the Feds for approval

Anonymous

Are we too obsessed with COVID numbers.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj5GdxRolCA&feature=emb_logo">
... e=emb_logo">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj5GdxRolCA&feature=emb_logo[/media]

cc

Anonymous

The Omicron virus variant may lead to less severe cases of COVID-19 than earlier strains, according to data from South Africa, where the variant was first identified last month.

Most of the hospitalized patients admitted with COVID-19 did not need oxygen, a contrast to earlier in the pandemic, the South African Medical Research Council said in a new report.

Another sign of optimism regarding Omicron? While COVID-19 cases have shot up in recent days, the in-hospital rate of deaths linked to the disease 6.6 percent in the previous two weeks before the report was published, versus 17 percent in the year-and-a-half preceding that time period.

The first Omicron cases in southern Africa date back to Nov. 9.

South Africa has seen cases soar since then, but the increase in COVID-19 hospitalizations and death have been minimal.

Most of the patients in the hospital with COVID-19 were unvaccinated, according to the research council.

On the other hand, many of the patients in the United States who authorities have confirmed were sickened by the Omicron variant were vaccinated. Most have shown only mild symptoms and recovered without going to a hospital.

"Though it's too early to really make any definitive statements about it, thus far, it does not look like there's a great degree of severity to it," Dr. Anthony Fauci, a top medical adviser to U.S. President Joe Biden, said on CNN on Sunday.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_morningbrief/omicron-variant-may-produce-less-severe-disease-report_4141508.html?utm_source=morningbriefnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mb-2021-12-07&mktids=0a9fb922dee24bed07acf926703135f3&est=w3F7rIND7lPr3Eg4cQmdrE%2BYlbro1bRY0dLH18SArX5PndzuLbbJn3w6pcw5EajkVg%3D%3D">https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_morni ... jkVg%3D%3D">https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_morningbrief/omicron-variant-may-produce-less-severe-disease-report_4141508.html?utm_source=morningbriefnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mb-2021-12-07&mktids=0a9fb922dee24bed07acf926703135f3&est=w3F7rIND7lPr3Eg4cQmdrE%2BYlbro1bRY0dLH18SArX5PndzuLbbJn3w6pcw5EajkVg%3D%3D

I know it's really early, but so far it's looking like it causes milder symptoms than previous strains.