The best topic

Replies: 10565
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:10:10 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Thiel

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 12 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=432718 time=1641029062 user_id=1560
Prove it wrong, sunshine.

It cites its sources.

You keep throwing up these moonbats as reliable sources, only to justify the general belief that you are one of them.

Exactly Bricktop.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

The New York Times published a study released Wednesday by a large group of American and Japanese researchers regarding the effects of the Omicron variant on mice..

In the study, the mice demonstrated significantly less lung damage than mice infected with previous strains of COVID-19, lost less weight, and died with significantly less frequency.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=432726 time=1641041194 user_id=3254
The New York Times published a study released Wednesday by a large group of American and Japanese researchers regarding the effects of the Omicron variant on mice..

In the study, the mice demonstrated significantly less lung damage than mice infected with previous strains of COVID-19, lost less weight, and died with significantly less frequency.

It is looking less severe, a good trend. The areas I log show falling death rates and not as high of a hospitalization rate .. so far

In order to know for more exactly, a bit more time is needed as those follow in time / in the weeks after after initial cases

Further there is less case reporting as severity decreases  .. so rates may be better than what can be calculated when most all cases were reported via testing

Some areas are having hospitals filling due to the sheer number of people infected ..  as some. albeit seems a lower percentage,  still get very sick
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

Death rates based on known cases over past 10 weeks as of now (may be better based on likely undereating)

U K   0.30%

U S   1.08%

CA   0.75%

BC   0.94%

AB   1.25%

ON   0.66%

FL   2.57%

TX   1.43%

IS   0.40%

5 weeks ago, also using last same preceding 10 weeks criteria,  before this variant had taken hold

U K   0.36%

U S   1.77%

CA   0.92%

BC   1.03%

AB   1.13%

ON   0.88%

FL   3.15%

TX   2.11%

IS   0.26%

France has been reporting over 200,00 for 4 days now, UK was but just below that now

UK has overtaken Israel as best death / case rate ... allowing that cases are underreported of late

Quebec today 17,000

Ontario 18,500

Anonymous

This is what one advosor to the British government says. Others in his field say it's too early yet.

Key British scientist says Omicron is 'not the same disease' as previous variants

A key British scientist who advises the UK government made waves earlier this week when he said that Omicron is "not the same disease we were seeing a year ago," and that high COVID death rates are "now history," according to the Guardian.

Sir John Bell, who was born in Canada but has been one of Britain's most prominent life scientists for years, made the comments while explaining why the British government would not be instituting additional holiday restrictions in response to the Omicron variant. Bell is currently a professor of medicine at Oxford and an adviser to the British government on life sciences. He was awarded a Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the British Empire (GBE) in 2015 for his work in medical science and the life sciences industry.

Bell conceded that hospitalizations had increased marginally under Omicron in Britain, but said that Omicron "appears to be less severe and many people spend a relatively short time in hospital." Bell also stated that patients who are hospitalized are needing high-flow oxygen support much less often and are only staying an average of three days.

As the Omicron wave surges, governments worldwide face critical decisions. By all appearances, Omicron appears to be highly more contagious than previous variants, which has led to increasing panic among certain segments of the population. On the other hand, it also appears, based on preliminary data, that Omicron appears to be much less dangerous than previous variants, particularly the Delta variant which it is in the process of displacing.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/key-british-scientist-says-omicron-is-not-the-same-disease-as-previous-variants?utm_source=theblaze-breaking&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=New-Trending-Story_WEEKEND%202022-01-01&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Breaking%20News">https://www.theblaze.com/news/key-briti ... ing%20News">https://www.theblaze.com/news/key-british-scientist-says-omicron-is-not-the-same-disease-as-previous-variants?utm_source=theblaze-breaking&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=New-Trending-Story_WEEKEND%202022-01-01&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Breaking%20News

Blazor

Quote from: Herman post_id=432594 time=1640905927 user_id=1689
Quote from: Blazor post_id=432589 time=1640890197 user_id=2221
Quote from: cc post_id=432587 time=1640888689 user_id=88
before reporting can be relied on again

:roll:

As if they could be relied upon to begin with  ac_toofunny

I trust Canadian numbers. As Renee explained there are financial incentives in the US to cheat. We don't have that here.

Aaaaah, but do you trust "test results"? Are they all correct? No.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: Blazor post_id=432783 time=1641099132 user_id=2221

I trust Canadian numbers. As Renee explained there are financial incentives in the US to cheat. We don't have that here.

My company gives out antigen tests. They have trouble the omicron variant. It gives a lot of people false negatives. Anybody who tests positive in Alberta from an antigen test is not officially declared positive for COVID until they have tested positive from a molecular test.

Does that clear it up for you?

Blazor

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=432786 time=1641102297 user_id=56

My company gives out antigen tests. They have trouble the omicron variant. It gives a lot of people false negatives. Anybody who tests positive in Alberta from an antigen test is not officially declared positive for COVID until they have tested positive from a molecular test.

Yes, now sit on my face  :evilthoughts2:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

cc

In general, antigen tests are quite reliable on positive result ... negative results are not reliable

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=432786 time=1641102297 user_id=56

I remember reading just before we left that home antigen tests were available free at certain pharmacies.

Frood

People are panic buying them here and hoarding like TP... lol
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Canada had over thrty six thousand cases yesterday, and that's without Alberta and BC reporting..

We could very likely have over sixty thousand cases per day nationally by the time we return.

Anonymous

I found out this morning that a foreman in engineering services working out of Logan Yard here in the Peg got infected again.