The best topic

Replies: 10550
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 05, 2024, 09:26:27 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 10 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=434869 time=1642223026 user_id=3254
Omicron is different from previous variants..

But, as cc reminded us, we're not done with Delta yet..

I'm waiting to see if the omicron trend in South Africa and now in Britain of numbers dissipating as fast as they rose happens here......I really hope so,
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=434861 time=1642220052 user_id=1560
Well, I guess you'll just have to rely on cc to navigate for you.

And cc follows Fash.

It seems to work quite well for them   as they quite successfully  navigate around deceivers, nutcakes  and wannabe know-it-all Butinskis

ac_smile
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

Seems deaths, always behind cases,  have caught up to recent case increases as Quebec alone reports almost 100 new deaths today

That's certainly more that ever before and demonstrates this can kill, especially the unvaxxed who make up a very large % of ICUs

We are not used to numbers anything like that for Canada as a whole

There is no regular reporting I have found  on  Delta vs. XI cases but Delta is still around in large quantity

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article256881212.html">Don't assume omicron is behind your COVID infection — delta still lurks. What it means

Between Dec. 19 and Dec. 25, the omicron variant accounted for 58.6% of coronavirus infections, the delta variant made up 41.1% of infections, and .2% were attributed to "other," according to the most recently available CDC data estimates as of Dec. 28.

Anonymous

Some people think Delta is a variant of the past. Not so. I wish it was though. If you do catch the virus, who would not prefer omicron.

Blazor

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=434789 time=1642196763 user_id=3254
Quote from: Blazor post_id=434765 time=1642177977 user_id=2221
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=434647 time=1642123068 user_id=3254
Quote from: Blazor post_id=434641 time=1642122552 user_id=2221
Lol I posted about this a couple weeks ago. Its why Im INVINCIBLE!!! lolol

We used to have a poster here who would get very defensive when it was suggested that most people use marijuana for recreational and not medicinal purposes.

When I started toking when I was 18, I enjoyed how it made me feel.... less stressed and wound up. I use to talk so fast you would think I was an autioneer before that lol. That and anxiety attacks. Anxiety attacks went away when I started. I call it my stress medicine. I have IBS, and it helps a LOT with that too.

I wont lie though, I like it recreationally too. But I recognize the medical benefits it has too.

I feel most people use marijuana products because they enjoy it rather than medicinal purposes.

I dont deny that might be the case with some folks. Im a lil bit in both categories  :laugh:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: deadskinmask post_id=434813 time=1642205647 user_id=1582
our hospitalizations are up by nearly 50% due in part to omicron and i think were getting as much as 35 mpg.... our reflux capacitors are in overdrive and theres no sign of slowing down.... now with onifludeltacoldmonia appearing sporadically across the coast, i fear the end is near.... theres no hope for us.... do not come.... end transmission....

:roll:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Bricktop

Quote from: cc post_id=434873 time=1642223825 user_id=88

It seems to work quite well for them   as they quite successfully  navigate around deceivers, nutcakes  and wannabe know-it-all Butinskis

ac_smile

Well, at least you're doing the MSM's job for them. Promote fear and terror to get attention.

Nice work.

This thread is nothing more than a testimony to your obsessive need to amplify the actual threat this plague presents.

Only this morning, our news headline barked that a 20 year-old has died with Covid.

Not OF Covid. With Covid. A subtle but crucial distinction that ensures the muppets will be wide eyed with alarm and news will spread that even the young are at greater risk. This despicable distortion is now common in the media fear industry.

You are simply playing the same game. You are afraid of Covid, and so you want everyone else to share in that trepidation.

cc

Most have improved this past week  on death / verified case rate as calculated over past 10 weeks

U K   0.24%

U S   0.67%

CA   0.45%

BC   0.49%

AB   0.59%

ON   0.37%

FR   0.31%

TX   1.62%

IS   0.27%

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Pshaw. I've just hit level 220 on The Division 2.

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=434903 time=1642276439 user_id=114
Some people think Delta is a variant of the past. Not so. I wish it was though. If you do catch the virus, who would not prefer omicron.

I wish we could get the break down of Delta vs. Omicron for hospitalizations in Alberta.

cc

Just tried some searches for multiple areas. All were old, at start of XI accelerating .. showed early increase rates but nothing up to date after it became plentiful

Anything up to date is unlikely as they must do testing  far beyond the positive / negative PCR

Bricktop

Aw, that's a shame. No morbidly tragic news to disseminate today?

Never mind. I'm sure more "data" will become available. The MSM won't let the story of the decade die yet.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=435017 time=1642375937 user_id=1560

Never mind. I'm sure more "data" will become available. The MSM won't let the story of the decade die yet.

Not all the news these gals post is depressing shit.

Bricktop

Then I would love to know why they are posting this stuff?

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=435030 time=1642383439 user_id=1689
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=435017 time=1642375937 user_id=1560

Not all the news these gals post is depressing shit.

On the contary, I believe what I post here here is hopeful..

O the previous page, I posted that if trends from other countries happen here, the Omicron wave will dissipate soon.