The best topic

Replies: 10567
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 05:08:00 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 21 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Right  ... Canada and US started way before India  Brazil and Mexico .. so totals are not a fair compare

I keep spreadsheet daily on those so get a much different and truer look at it

While others are similar death / case, Mexico make me cry .. the death rate per case is terrible ... in fact they are close to the others for deaths with only a fraction of new cases ... like 5,000 cases per day vs. 50,000 with similar daily fatalities
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

Here's last 17 days

It is now quotable .. I used attachment path to put in post

Sorry about doubling, but it's the only way I can make it stay inside post

https://thebluecashew.net/download/file.php?id=1217">

Gaon

Scientists are skeptical about Putin's claims on Russia's potential Covid-19 vaccine, saying the vaccine still needs critical data to determine whether it's safe or effective.

Developing, testing and reviewing any potential vaccine is a long, complex and expensive endeavor that typically takes months or even years.
The Russian Rock It

cc

We'll have to see how that goes .. dunno. I've long ago stopped predicting and speculating or opinionating

Now I just post data and wait and see how it shakes out

Scientists and public don't know what they / we don't know .. and scientists live in a different world where "caution" is king and urgency is not considered

This is so massive and causing so much economic and personal pain that maybe their rules need to be slackened

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=375260 time=1597177163 user_id=88
We'll have to see how that goes .. dunno. I've long ago stopped predicting and speculating or opinionating

Now I just post data and wait and see how it shakes out

Scientists and public don't know what they / we don't know .. and scientists live in a different world where "caution" is king and urgency is not considered

This is so massive and causing so much economic and personal pain that maybe their rules need to be slackened

Urgency is everything for those of us who are not doctors.

cc

Scientists live in an alter-world. I feel they need to get real-world

I cannot really blame Putin for giving it a go based on apparent good results, good antibodies but not tested to scientific criteria

they will be monitoring those who take it so that will become the scientific test 3 .. and way ahead time-wise

Attached is my records of key states from July 16 to date (cases & deaths daily reported)

The trend for all is downward

And remember, deaths from new cases follow by a period of time

Gaon

I have relatives and friends in Russia. I will ask them when the vaccine will be available.
The Russian Rock It

cc

Good plan .. would be good to know

I think they plan on starting slow and ramping up faster as results continue to look good

I get the impression they are in effect really just doing the equivalent of stage 3 testing but more rapidly and with greater numbers and then full bore so long as results remain good

I don't see how it can be more risky than using it for 30,000 tests (of course results being monitored constantly)

Gaon

That is how I read it too. A faster and larger version of stage 3 and then a faster expansion to the public if results remain good. I will talk to some people and find out what is happening.
The Russian Rock It

cc

Good. Let us know what they say

Frankly, I think that's how we should be doing it - screw those living in their lalaland bubble

So far as safety, the 2 methods are really the same, but Russia will get it to more people faster so long as good results continue

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=375274 time=1597180193 user_id=88
Good. Let us know what they say

Frankly, I think that's how we should be doing it - screw those living in their lalaland bubble

So far as safety, the 2 methods are really the same, but Russia will get it to more people faster so long as good results continue

I will pray the Russian results remain successful..

Russians will be the first to be vaccinated if it's good.

cc

Here's the way I see it for us

If it keeps showing good results, it will cause the powers that be to pressure or even over-ride the  "of another world" scientists .. resulting in speeding up our own efforts .. possibly in a large way

In that way, I see it in that it is a great positive for us .. assuming results remain exceptionally good

Odinson

It might be true.. It might not..

Russia is one of those countries that can develop something from scratch.

They might be more advanced in this sort of thing.

Anonymous

Have any countries signed agreements with Russia to supply their vaccine?

Anonymous

I disagree with Conservative party candidate, Derek Sloan about mandatory masks. This is not the issue to take a stand on liberty.