The best topic

Replies: 10550
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 05, 2024, 09:26:27 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=439543 time=1644956389 user_id=2015
It's looking a lot better.

Yes, the death / known case rate sure is improving

For  the original Fash, (and not a pretender from the Peanut Gallery who often answers  when I speak to her) :wink:

An example of how known cases are dropping in Alberta alone follows:

Numbers represent "Average Day" Decrease  over past 4 weeks (the entire week itself would be X 7) .. with last week ending last Friday being at top

Current week so far is showing approx. equal reductions .. relative to actual numbers in play

Decreasing reductions  does not indicate slowdown in decrease ... rather, represents reduced numbers  to compare current week with previous week

Most if not all  other Provinces produce similar decreases

Here's BC's Last 4 weeks Average Day Reduction, last week at top (our reductions are less as our cases were fewer)

(and no, I don't spend time  individually calculating any results .. it's all spit out / automated by previously created formulae.)
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

I expect cases and hospitalizations will rise again......hoefully it won't overwhelm our delicate health care system.

Odinson

Attention whoring has reached a new level.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/a/AVvXsEhk_KNaxfirE56jlw4vQEvyhdLUPjFpK4uKHxwqwwV74OnG7HdPjmQ6GnRX-LJDBtBVoUL-Dn5Y67ABrgUNX9bj_OA9jmnihYR1_TKzUqnNnJBCwSeKDvJ8jEihrxVq_nIovawqVXzzlhOrB5yCiL5rL5ou7iHwVLWAe2UJ95nN_b2BIZnE_7LtgLzv8w=s16000">

cc

MEMES MATTER   :laugh:

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=439660 time=1645025946 user_id=3254
I expect cases and hospitalizations will rise again......hopefully it won't overwhelm our delicate health care system.

That literally has to happen as a byproduct ... just as it has from the start and regs employed accordingly.

To what degree will determine the future. Words and decrees themselves cannot

We desperately need freedom and I hope cases and / or new variants will allow it to stick

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=439674 time=1645033203 user_id=88
I expect cases and hospitalizations will rise again......hopefully it won't overwhelm our delicate health care system.

That literally has to happen as a byproduct ... just as it has from the start and regs employed accordingly.

We desperately need freedom and I hope cases and / or new variants will allow it to stick

If we return to lockdowns, I fear the protests across Canada will be just the tip of the iceberg..

People have really had enough of all of this.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=439678 time=1645034090 user_id=3254

If we return to lockdowns, I fear the protests across Canada will be just the tip of the iceberg..

I realize that. We all have had enough .. Too much in fact.

Let's hope the virus itself settles down so that we do not have an extremely messy & even more conflicted   future.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=439678 time=1645034090 user_id=3254

Canadians will vote out every provincial government if that happens again. They are finally starting to relax restrictions in the terminals and bunkhouses. I forget how much I missed normal life.

Anonymous

Alberta reported 888 cases and fourteen deaths today.

cc

Whew!! You are getting down closer & closer to our levels  .. although I don't like the deaths we both have been having

So much for "It's merely the flu"

Glancing at the ratio of vaxxed vs unvaxxed in hospitals of our Province, the ratio of those per 100,000 people is steadily moving further toward the unvaxxed, always far more prone to be hospitalized

Canada as a whole has come down from 40,000s to 6 & 7,000s. I'm aware the counts do not catch all. However, it's logical that ratio of those logged and those not logged remains similar

Anonymous

Alberta had 813 cases and eighteen deaths today..

Hospitalizations and the number of people in ICU both dropped.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=439911 time=1645140721 user_id=3254

Lots of deaths across Canada even though cases appear down for several weeks now

I'll post our stats within this post once they come out > 782 &   5

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=439916 time=1645141301 user_id=88
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=439911 time=1645140721 user_id=3254

Lots of deaths across Canada even though cases appear down for several weeks now

I'll post our stats within this post once they come out > 782 &   5

Some countries have very high death rates(the USA) and others(Netherlands) have very low death rates.

Anonymous

Alberta had 619 cases today..

Hospitalizations and ICU didn't move much.

cc

692 & 5  here in BC  .. You guys are doing well.

We went down about 100 Hospitalizations this past week

Based on comparison of known cases:

Last 5 weeks "daily average change" BC for each week - Current week ending today at top

Last 5 weeks  "daily average change"  Alberta for each week - Current week ending today at top

Anonymous

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said Monday that he is scrapping the last domestic coronavirus restrictions in England, including the requirement for people with COVID-19 to self-isolate..

Johnson told lawmakers in the House of Commons that the country was "moving from government restrictions to personal responsibility" as part of a plan for treating COVID-19 like other transmissible illnesses such as flu.