The best topic

Replies: 10579
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:10:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Thiel

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 11 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

What are Ontario and Quebec doing. How could they allow a second wave in nursing homes to happen. Shame on them.

cc

That has to be the case. The deaths / case numbers "today" are so bad there is no other explanation

And of course it is their numbers keeping Canada overall  as high as it is
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: Velvet post_id=388766 time=1604069304 user_id=2021
What are Ontario and Quebec doing. How could they allow a second wave in nursing homes to happen. Shame on them.

It's terrible.

cc

I read last week that ON & Quebec was so bad for Care Home operations  that they have been unable to fix it much since the spring disaster

Obviously their Govts. have not had proper rules and enforcement over several years leading up to now

BC did get hit early but moved on it fast and hard and greatly slowed it down even during the initial wave (as much lower death rates currently show).

I think it's 2 fold. They moved hard and fast + were far better all along ... without both, they could not have slowed it so well

Alberta always is good on things like that & it showed from beginning and now in low rates as cases rise fast over the recent weeks

I see Manitoba with only  1.37 million people is increasing in cases extremely rapidly of late (in fact has caught up to and surpassing us in BC at the moment & death rate from the beginning has been comparable to Alberta.

We'll see if that rate continues now that they are getting such a high ratio of new cases

Anonymous

Manitoba did better than most in the first wave. Not now.

cc

Yes. Manitoba cases rising very fast now - I truly hope your death rate remains very low as it did initially

Mind you, when cases are rising fast and I didn't record older data, I can only use today data which distorts the actual rate - as cases have risen and deaths appear later , one gets a skewed to the low side view of rate

Thiel

We had 480 new infections today in Manitoba. Winnipeg will be under new restrictions.
gay, conservative and proud

Anonymous

We had 622 new cases and five deaths in Alberta today.

Anonymous

Belgium will be the third European country to reimpose a lock down.

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=388836 time=1604115211 user_id=88
Yes, Belgium is very bad

PM Boris Johnson has hinted more restrictions..

Italy had 31,000 new infections yesterday, so they might see a second lock down.

Anonymous

Anonymous

There are currently outbreaks at two hospitals in Calgary and five in Edmonton..

There are also two additional hospitals  in Calgary with units under watch..

As of Friday, 140 people across the province were being treated in hospital for COVID-19; 25 were in ICU beds.

cc

Daily data in Alberta was not given out for Sat, Sun & Mon due to website work going on

The last one displayed in full, Friday, was up in all areas

Our BC cases continue to rise considerably over that period, although to date somewhat below Alta

Anonymous

Theresa Tam has changed her advice again..

Now she says masks should be three layers to be effective.