The best topic

Replies: 10579
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:10:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Thiel

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Japanese supercomputer shows how human droplets spread

Japanese science is always good and to be taken seriously - and this is with many months to  assess reality  & perfect

https://www.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.5160097">https://www.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.5160097

">
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

More contradictory advice.

TORONTO -- In a significant departure from its previous advice, the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) now says the novel coronavirus can be transmitted through small airborne droplets.

PHAC updated its virus transmission guidance on Tuesday as part of a larger overhaul of COVID-19 advice that also included a new recommendation that all face masks should contain three layers of material.

Previously, the agency had said that COVID-19 "most commonly" spreads through touching a contaminated surface or having close contact with an infected person who passes the virus along through droplets created when they speak, cough, sneeze or otherwise project from their mouth.

These droplets were thought to fall to the ground very quickly. The new guidance notes that this can take "seconds or minutes," and that infection can also be transmitted through aerosols – smaller droplets that "linger in the air under some circumstances."

According to the new guidance, the droplets and aerosols can infect a person by being inhaled or by otherwise coming into contact with the mouth, nose or eyes.

Contact with contaminated surfaces, followed by touching the face without first handwashing, remains in the guidance as another potential method of transmission

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/canada-follows-who-and-u-s-in-acknowledging-aerosol-transmission-of-coronavirus-1.5176109">https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir ... -1.5176109">https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/canada-follows-who-and-u-s-in-acknowledging-aerosol-transmission-of-coronavirus-1.5176109

cc

Damn!!

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/top-doc-reports-800-new-cases-in-alta-says-spread-is-outpacing-province-s-contact-tracing-ability-1.5176727">Top doc reports 800 new cases in Alta., says spread is outpacing province's contact-tracing ability

EDMONTON -- Alberta Health confirmed a record 800 new cases of COVID-19 in the province on Thursday, prompting its chief medical officer of health to issue an ultimatum: without a decline in active cases, more action will be needed to protect Alberta's health-care system.

The province has set and broken its daily record numerous times in the past two weeks, with former highs of 622 cases being reported on Oct. 29 and 592 cases on Nov. 1.

"It means that the measures we introduced 10 days ago, which may have helped cases plateau over the last few days, are not having enough of an effect," Dr. Deena Hinshaw said in an afternoon update.

"It means that in about seven to 10 days from now, our hospital numbers will rise further, which means that care for Albertans with other issues besides COVID will be impacted."

.... Hinshaw said Alberta Health Services' ability to trace new cases is being outpaced by the rate of transmission, and as such, AHS will have to focus on "high-priority setting" cases until more contract tracers are hired.

"One of my big concerns is actually that I don't think Halloween is yet driving these numbers," the top doctor commented.

"This has not been a good week," Hinshaw admitted, referring to a system upgrade over the weekend, and a separate system issue which caused late data on Wednesday and inexact numbers Thursday.

[They have been unable to report all data today - overwhelmed]

Anonymous

I believe we're going back into at least a partial lock down very soon.

cc

cc

Further to that Alberta article today,...  it is "idiot & selfish driven" to a large extent

On Thursday, Hinshaw said Alberta's two largest cities each have more than 2,500 cases, a "high proportion" of which who worked or went to a social gathering while symptomatic.

In Edmonton, nine per cent of active cases worked while they had symptoms. Another eight per cent visited retail or service businesses. Another eight per cent went to a social gathering.

In Calgary, 11 per cent worked while symptomatic. Another nine per cent travelled. Another seven per cent attended a social gathering.

"We are talking about at least 500 people who did not stay home while symptomatic. This is significant. I am calling on Albertans to please stop all activities if you have any symptoms," Hinshaw urged Albertans.

I find people doing that to be  very disturbing

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=389403 time=1604634516 user_id=88
Further to that Alberta article today,...  it is "idiot & selfish driven" to a large extent

On Thursday, Hinshaw said Alberta's two largest cities each have more than 2,500 cases, a "high proportion" of which who worked or went to a social gathering while symptomatic.

In Edmonton, nine per cent of active cases worked while they had symptoms. Another eight per cent visited retail or service businesses. Another eight per cent went to a social gathering.

In Calgary, 11 per cent worked while symptomatic. Another nine per cent travelled. Another seven per cent attended a social gathering.

"We are talking about at least 500 people who did not stay home while symptomatic. This is significant. I am calling on Albertans to please stop all activities if you have any symptoms," Hinshaw urged Albertans.

I find people doing that to be  very disturbing

That is disturbing.

Anonymous

cc

Every area is up a lot  .. most all  provinces

Our Bonnie is remaining consistent since predictions a few weeks ago - as BC Govt hiring people to start to distribute vaccine in  January

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=389486 time=1604707087 user_id=88
Every area is up a lot  .. most all  provinces

Our Bonnie is remaining consistent since predictions a few weeks ago - as BC Govt hiring people to start to distribute vaccine in  January

That would fanfuckingtastic. :thumbup:

Anonymous

Alberta added 609 new cases today.....that's 1.411 new infections in two days.

Gaon

Will the vaccine be available Canada wide in January or only here in British Columbia.
The Russian Rock It

cc

I believe Canada is involved & make sure it is evenly distributed .. Don't think a province can make their own deals

That said,  BC has been  on the ball and ahead of the others all along so one never knows for sure

Canada had made deals with 4 or 5 manufactures months ago

And she's forecasting timing based on her research with makers .. because she's the only one who has both forecasted timing a few weeks ago and moved forward and now is hiring people to distribute

If that sound confudled, it's because I don't know all of what is going on behind the scenes

Anonymous

I haven't heard Dr Deena Hinshaw or Theresa Tam make such a bold prediction.

cc

To be fair, it might be more accurate to say "expectation" rather than "prediction"