The best topic

Replies: 10580
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 10:26:44 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

cc, what new restrictions does BC have?

Our premier brought in new restrictions effective today that will last two weeks, but he is under pressure to implement a hard two week lock down or circuit breaker lock down.

Anonymous

Alberta reported 1,026 new cases of COVID-19 on Saturday, the first time it's reported more than 1,000 new cases in a single day.

:shock:

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=390530 time=1605486455 user_id=3254
Alberta reported 1,026 new cases of COVID-19 on Saturday, the first time it's reported more than 1,000 new cases in a single day.

Alberta is out of control.

Anonymous

Biden Task Force Co-Chair: National Lockdown Would 'Exacerbate The Pandemic Fatigue'

https://dailycaller.com/2020/11/15/vivek-murthy-lockdown-pandemic-fatigue/?utm_source=piano&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2360&pnespid=k7hgtqMJCx6NYSGLfY.hEDo955C_XmwasuSEu9qT">https://dailycaller.com/2020/11/15/vive ... wasuSEu9qT">https://dailycaller.com/2020/11/15/vivek-murthy-lockdown-pandemic-fatigue/?utm_source=piano&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2360&pnespid=k7hgtqMJCx6NYSGLfY.hEDo955C_XmwasuSEu9qT

Dr. Vivek Murthy, co-chair of President-elect Joe Biden's newly formed coronavirus task force, told "Fox News Sunday" that a broad national lockdown would "exacerbate the pandemic fatigue" already happening in the country.

Instead, Murthy argued for a "scalpel" approach to be taken "depending on severity" as COVID-19 rates spike across the country.

"Can't you honestly say, if things get bad enough, aren't we going to need a national lockdown?" Fox News anchor Chris Wallace asked after pointing out some states that have introduced new lockdown measures.

"Well, that's a measure of last resort," Murthy responded. "The way we think about lockdowns I think is different now than it was in the spring. In the spring when we didn't know a lot about COVID, we responded in a sense with an on/off switch. We just shut things down because we didn't know exactly how this was spreading and where it was spreading."

Citing New York City as an example, Murthy suggested a "better way" to consider restrictions would be "as a dial that we turn up or down depending on severity."

After arguing for a national alert system to "help states and localities determine when to dial-up and down these restrictions," Murthy went on to make a case against a broad national lockdown.

"If we just lock down the entire country without targeting our efforts, then we are going to exacerbate the pandemic fatigue people are feeling," he said. "We are gonna hurt jobs and the economy. We're gonna shut down schools and hurt the education of our children. So we've got to approach this with the precision of a scalpel rather than the blunt force of an axe."

Another Biden task-force member, Dr. Michael Osterholm, suggested this week that a four to six week lockdown may be needed in order to curb COVID-19 spikes.

cc

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=390539 time=1605489319 user_id=2015
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=390530 time=1605486455 user_id=3254

Alberta is out of control.

It is growing, as are we and  ........... as are you guys -> almost 500 new cases today & 10 new deaths for 1.4 million province ..

Alta is 4.4 million  ... we are 5 and had over 600 (no reporting since Friday for us)

Everywhere in the world is rising very fast

US is exploding - whatever they are doing is not working ...  183,625 new cases friday

Anonymous

As Alberta confirmed 991 additional cases of COVID-19 Sunday as well as six additional deaths, Premier Jason Kenney warned the government would implement stronger rules if Albertans fail to follow public health recommendations.

cc

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson is self-isolating after being told he came into contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19, officials said Sunday.

"He will carry on working from Downing Street, including on leading the government's response to the coronavirus pandemic," a statement from his office said.  It went on to say that Johnson "is well and does not have any symptoms of COVID-19."

Johnson met with a small group of lawmakers for about half an hour on Thursday, including one who subsequently developed coronavirus symptoms and tested positive.

He was notified by the National Health Service's Test and Trace system Sunday and told he should self-isolate because of factors including the length of the meeting.

https://www.cp24.com/world/britain-s-johnson-in-self-isolation-has-no-virus-symptoms-1.5189994">//https://www.cp24.com/world/britain-s-johnson-in-self-isolation-has-no-virus-symptoms-1.5189994

[I would have hoped he'd have taken antibody tests regularly after getting it before .. Dunno what's going on there]

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=390559 time=1605493020 user_id=88
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson is self-isolating after being told he came into contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19, officials said Sunday.

"He will carry on working from Downing Street, including on leading the government's response to the coronavirus pandemic," a statement from his office said.  It went on to say that Johnson "is well and does not have any symptoms of COVID-19."

Johnson met with a small group of lawmakers for about half an hour on Thursday, including one who subsequently developed coronavirus symptoms and tested positive.

He was notified by the National Health Service's Test and Trace system Sunday and told he should self-isolate because of factors including the length of the meeting.

https://www.cp24.com/world/britain-s-johnson-in-self-isolation-has-no-virus-symptoms-1.5189994">//https://www.cp24.com/world/britain-s-johnson-in-self-isolation-has-no-virus-symptoms-1.5189994

[I would have hoped he'd have taken antibody tests regularly after getting it before .. Dunno what's going on there]

If he does test positive. we'll know immunity after catching it doesn't last long.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=390559 time=1605493020 user_id=88

If he does catch it again, I wonder if his symptoms will be less severe.

cc

Where are all these anitibody tests we heard so much about a few months ago? Canada said they had many and were starting testing

Crickets ever since ... without using them they can never know how immunity is working

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=390564 time=1605494162 user_id=88
Where are all these anitibody tests we heard so much about a few months ago? Canada said they had many and were starting testing

Crickets ever since ... without using them they can never know how immunity is working

Maybe the test kits don't work. I just checked antibodies tests and it's been crickets worldwide for a while now.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=390565 time=1605494472 user_id=2015
Quote from: cc post_id=390564 time=1605494162 user_id=88

Maybe the test kits don't work. I just checked antibodies tests and it's been crickets worldwide for a while now.

If Boris Johnson doesn't catch it, I'll be wondering if it's because he has immunity or he just got lucky.

cc

After all they have done .. . had tests ready day one almost .. antibodies seems easy  .. it's just a blood test and they can spot antibodies just as they can spot that a person has virus

Seems one of the easiest items to figure out

Edit - In fact they have serum treatments using a recovered patient's  blood to help other people fight it

in fact, how would they know how well a vaccine is working?  .. this is old stuff for them

I don't like what's going on about antibody testing

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=390570 time=1605495722 user_id=88
After all they have done .. . had tests ready day one almost .. antibodies seems easy  .. it's just a blood test and they can spot antibodies just as they can spot that a person has virus

Seems one of the easiest items to figure out

Edit - In fact they have serum treatments using a recovered patient's  blood to help other people fight it

I don't like what's going on about antibody tests

Is it available in Canada?