Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:06:59 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

Ya, we hit almost 900 new cases  today , highest ever

We are virtually certain to exceed last week by a few hundred and will likely end up this week with a net increase of a few hundred

As for Alta, you will "likely" end up with net gain of ~ 0 .. meaning the first week you have not seen a large weekly gain in new cases in over a month
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=391966 time=1606437253 user_id=2015
Even after being under a code red for over a week, we are still getting 350-400 cases each day.

Ya, that's a lot for your population but hopefully restrictions will get you guys back to reasonable

Anonymous

I'm already tired of the code red here in Manitoba. We have two more weeks at least of it. It isn't working that well either.

cc

When did it start? It takes about 2 weeks to notice any gain from closing down

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=391969 time=1606437384 user_id=88
Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=391966 time=1606437253 user_id=2015
Even after being under a code red for a week, we are still getting 350-400 cases each day.

Ya, that's a lot for your population but hopefully restrictions will get you guys back to reasonable

Four weeks of this is a long time, especially this time of year. And what happens if our numbers spike again in January? Answer, another code red.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=391971 time=1606437543 user_id=88
When did it start? It takes about 2 weeks to notice any gain from closing down

November 12, 12:01 am. It's been two weeks and our infection rate has only dropped slightly.

cc

Aw. There should have been the start of some noticeable improvement over that period of time

Anonymous

The U of A says they can produce one of the vaccine candidates.

cc

I had heard they were working on one.

Obvious questions would be when? & how manufacture  it for use? .. the factory   our feds should have been putting together from the gitgo

Or are you talking about manufacture?

https://www.ualberta.ca/medicine/news/2020/april/university-of-alberta-researchers-in-race-against-time-to-create-covid-19-vaccine.html">A Good U of A Link

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=391990 time=1606443535 user_id=88
I had heard they were working on one.

Obvious questions would be when? & how manufacture  it for use? .. the factory   our feds should have been putting together from the gitgo

Or are you talking about manufacture?

https://www.ualberta.ca/medicine/news/2020/april/university-of-alberta-researchers-in-race-against-time-to-create-covid-19-vaccine.html">A Good U of A Link

Both.

cc

So, as it's late in the game, manufacture would be the plan. The guy running it is capable of development but it's late

Do they have the facilities to mass produce one of the successful candidates under licence at a speed that would be of benefit?

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=391992 time=1606444201 user_id=88

Do they have the facilities to mass produce one of the successful candidates under licence at a speed that would be of benefit?

That is my understanding.

cc

That would be great. I found that older link about Michael Houghton, director of  University of Alberta's Li Ka Shing Institute of Virology, but do you have anything current?

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=391994 time=1606444363 user_id=88
That would be great. I found that older link about Michael Houghton, director of  University of Alberta's Li Ka Shing Institute of Virology, but do you have anything current?

I saw something about it on Global Calgary.

cc

Yes, there definitely is something there. I just can't figure out exactly what

University of Alberta-hosted institute Applied Pharmaceutical Innovation partners with Entos Pharmaceuticals to manufacture COVID-19 vaccine in Alberta

Applied Pharmaceutical Innovation (API), a not-for-profit incubator for drug development hosted by the University of Alberta's Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, has partnered with Canadian biotechnology company, Entos Pharmaceuticals (Entos), to enhance Alberta-based infrastructure and capacity for the manufacturing of Entos' breakthrough Fusogenix nucleic acid delivery platform, a COVID-19 vaccine.

KALYNA HENNIG 28 OCTOBER 2020

https://www.ualberta.ca/pharmacy/news/2020/october/university-of-alberta-hosted-institute-applied-pharmaceutical-innovation-partners-with-entos-pharmaceuticals-to-manufacture-covid-19-vaccine-in-alberta.html">https://www.ualberta.ca/pharmacy/news/2 ... berta.html">https://www.ualberta.ca/pharmacy/news/2020/october/university-of-alberta-hosted-institute-applied-pharmaceutical-innovation-partners-with-entos-pharmaceuticals-to-manufacture-covid-19-vaccine-in-alberta.html

This is fairly up to date, but I can't make out if they can produce for any vaccine or if it is only for one U of A is working on