The best topic

Replies: 10565
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:10:10 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Thiel

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 11 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Despite all the regulations, Ontario just had it's 9th consecutive week of increased weekly cases (using Fridays as end of weekly count)

And now the holidays which we all know will bring increased get togethers despite warnings = further rate of increase

I don't know where we are heading with this monster .. certainly vaccinations will in a cpl of months reduce deaths appreciably but will  be far too slow to help the overall situation for quite a while

Meanwhile China who deliberately gave it to the world (yes, I say deliberately because it locked itself down while at the same time shipping it to every formerly first world country until those countries finally but far too late smartened up and blocked flights)   runs free even of harsh words much less punishment ... in fact now has 2 N American "so-called leaders / doormats" who will help make it richer (and us poorer as a result). What a self-destructive screwed up world
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

The spread is going to hit full throttle in January.

cc

I fear that will be the case. Many will do everything bassackwards  for the holidays

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=394604 time=1608333675 user_id=1689
The spread is going to hit full throttle in January.

Unfortunately, that's probably true.

Anonymous

Alberta had 1413 new infections with 19.500 tests for a positivity test rate of seven point four per cent..

Twenty five Albertans have died from the virus in the last twenty four hours..

The total number of people who have lost their lives to this virus now stands at eight hundred and fifteen..

Still, there are some positive signs as active cases are starting to drop and the R factor is staring to drop.

Anonymous

BC's daily numbers are the hardest of any province to find.

cc

I can help there - Here's what I use for all of Canada

Keep in mind, BC always reports last - usually around 4.30 your time & rarely reports on weekends of holidays - It does provide all missed stats after weekend or holiday

Alberta usually reports second last, just before BC

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/tracking-every-case-of-covid-19-in-canada-1.4852102">Canada Tracking

EDIT: I see BC has not posted formally today in it - They most always are there in late afternoon  - Today 624 - 11

I got on BC's CTV TV news station but not on that website strangely

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=394632 time=1608341200 user_id=88
I can help there - Here's what I use for all of Canada

Keep in mind, BC always reports last - usually around 4.30 your time & rarely reports on weekends of holidays - It does provide all missed stats after weekend or holiday

Alberta usually reports second last, just before BC

Canada Tracking

EDIT]

Thank you cc.

cc

Very welcome

You got me watching and following Global

Not far from top is a list of all provinces - clicking on them takes you there

Also above that is list of all province pages that have reported today - keep in  mind they may not include all stats

- best to click on province or scroll for summary + long list of all days reported with current at top

If you click "read more" there, you open a list of every day since it all started

Anonymous

Manitoba had 350 cases today. That's close to where we were brfore the code red one and a half months ago.

cc

Yes. Despite  harsh the methods being  used to control it, it is still spreading quite rapidly most everywhere except SE Asia

Anonymous

Europe and North America are wasting their time with cide reds.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=394648 time=1608348438 user_id=2015
Europe and North America are wasting their time with cide reds.

The only thing that will work in North America now are vaccines..

There's too much spread now.

Gaon

BC has kept it's daily case count low compared to the rest of North America.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: Gaon post_id=394671 time=1608368626 user_id=3170
BC has kept it's daily case count low compared to the rest of North America.

And they have the same restrictions that Alberta did before our lock down.