Replies: 8416
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

Well, this morning we get to find new rules for care home visiting. It's been a year for them to have much visitation
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Oliver Clotheshoffe

[size=150]Arizona Gov. Ducey relaxes COVID-19 guidelines in Arizona; bars open, masks not required[/size]

:yahoo:  ac_dance  :smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:  :23tfup5:  :stars:  :35(4):  :20utj4j_th:

Gov. Doug Ducey's new COVID-19 guidelines released Thursday morning lift mask and social distancing requirements for local businesses and ease restrictions on large gatherings.

Masks and social distancing

According to the newest guidelines, mitigation strategies that were required for businesses, such as mask wearing and social distancing, are now just recommendations. This means that businesses are no longer required to have customers wear masks or social distance.

Large gatherings

Ducey's new guidelines also say that large gatherings of 50 people or more are no longer required to be approved by local governments. However, Ducey says these events should continue to follow safe practices and CDC recommendations, including physical distancing. This includes youth sports.

Bars

The new executive order also allows bars to open without having to serve food. They will now be allowed to resume regular operations, with the option to require social distancing and masks.

According to the news release, Ducey says the changes to COVID-19 guidelines came about after Arizona has distributed more than 3 million doses of the vaccine and has seen a decrease in cases over the last 10 weeks. Ducey also cited reduced hospital capacity, vaccines available to everyone 16 and older, and the CDC's evaluation of Arizona that ranked it among the best states in the nation for getting the COVID-19 vaccine to vulnerable communities.

https://www.azfamily.com/news/continuing_coverage/coronavirus_coverage/gov-ducey-relaxes-covid-19-guidelines-in-arizona-bars-open-masks-not-required/article_71738672-8d89-11eb-8f3a-a3512d6c19fe.html?block_id=997196">https://www.azfamily.com/news/continuin ... _id=997196">https://www.azfamily.com/news/continuing_coverage/coronavirus_coverage/gov-ducey-relaxes-covid-19-guidelines-in-arizona-bars-open-masks-not-required/article_71738672-8d89-11eb-8f3a-a3512d6c19fe.html?block_id=997196
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Anonymous

Quote from: "Oliver Clotheshoffe" post_id=406211 time=1616699882 user_id=3349

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Frood

Quote from: cc post_id=406206 time=1616694632 user_id=88
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=406155 time=1616641113 user_id=1676
This thread is an echo chamber for ignorance...

While of course you are always welcome to post, fun to watch in fact ...

you could so easily change that by not posting in it

Easy Peasy solution  ac_smile

^^^

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=406155 time=1616641113 user_id=1676
This thread is an echo chamber for ignorance...

:001_rolleyes:
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Cases are rising across Canada....764 cases today in Alberta.

cc

Canada as a while up to 5000 today w vs. not much over 2000 a few weeks back

We are not doing great here. It's much younger people now .. and those younger people are the ones filling hospitals and ICUs now

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=406265 time=1616727188 user_id=88

We are not doing great here. It's much younger people now .. and those younger people are the ones filling hospitals and ICUs now

Were there 5000 cases across Canada yesterday?

Frood

I'll trade someone a #3843 numbered Covid Pokemon stat card (The Bulimic Diabetic Pikichu with insulin vomiting skills) for a #2383 (Muscular Dystrophy Quiver Beast) one.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=406277 time=1616754727 user_id=3254

We had over 100 cases in Manitoba yesterday. That hasn't happened for a while.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=406277 time=1616754727 user_id=3254

Yes - 5192 in Canada yesterday .. after around 3000 1st of month

Today most all up and rising fairly fast > BC up to 800, Alberta up, Manitoba up,

Ontario above 2000 last 2 days after below 1000 1st of month,

Quebec pushing  to near1000 last 2 days

OTTAWA -- https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/new-modelling-shows-variants-could-lead-to-strong-covid-19-resurgence-tam-1.5363497">https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/new-modelling-shows-variants-could-lead-to-strong-covid-19-resurgence-tam-1.5363497

Canada is on track to see a "strong resurgence" of COVID-19 cases across the country if the more transmissible variants continue to spread and become more commonplace, and if public health measures remain at current levels, according to new modelling.

Medical health experts are already warning the third wave could be the worst one yet.

This also comes as new data indicates that the spread of the variants in Ontario has driven the risk of death up by about 60 per cent, figures that align with numbers in the U.K. and Denmark.

See 2 posts below for updates

cc

Second Shot Needed for Seniors? - One Shot or 2?

With more Canadians vaccinated and more real-world data rolling in, the research surrounding the vaccines is constantly being reviewed and updated. From "breakthrough infections" to whether seniors should get their second shot sooner, it's not hard to lose track of the constantly evolving information.

Scientists at the National Advisory Committee on Immunization are reviewing research that suggests people who have been infected with COVID-19 can turbocharge their antibodies with just one dose of a vaccine. The committee is "actively reviewing evidence on the protection offered by one dose for those previously infected, and whether a second dose continues to be necessary." For those already inoculated, experts say there is also a chance that some may still become infected with COVID-19.

Meanwhile, more questions are being raised about how long second shots of the COVID-19 vaccine can be delayed for seniors and other immunocompromised people.

NACI says it is also reviewing a Vancouver study that found long-term care residents had a weaker immune response to their first dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine than younger healthy adults..

cc

Follow-up to 2 posts above

Today we have 908 new cases today - (Highest this year) .. It just keeps rising

Alberta 785 (highest since mid January) & most others  keeping up with us on a per Capita basis

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=406308 time=1616798155 user_id=88
Follow-up to 2 posts above

Today we have 908 new cases today - (Highest this year) .. It just keeps rising

Alberta 785 (highest since mid January) & most others  keeping up with us on a per Capita basis

The numbers I have from the Calgary Herald show Alberta recorded 717 cases today with 325 being variants.

cc

Yes, I have 717  also - sorry posted from wrong column

Been a busy afternoon - monster combo air fryer / regular oven arrived this afternoon (a week early)  and I'm, trying to learn it's use as I want to do a chicken breast & sweet potato fries (the orange ones, I always thought the orange ones were yams  as most people do  till I "finally" learned better  ac_blush ) and broccoli buds.

It's all new to me as I have never had an air fryer before .. and this one is the size of and looks much like our previous full sized regular countertop oven

Any air fry tips welcome .. this one can be used to air fry or cook conventionally so it was win / win... I'm anxious to try so many new things once I get the hang of it all

We spotted it on a price deal we couldn't refuse & old oven was getting .. well .. old & I don't trust old wiring in something that gets so very hot so often for several years of daily use. I'm all exited to try it but it's all new to me

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=406311 time=1616803450 user_id=88
Yes, I have 717  also - sorry posted from wrong column

Been a busy afternoon - monster combo air fryer / regular oven arrived this afternoon (a week early)  and I'm, trying to learn it's use as I want to do a chicken breast & sweet potato fries (the orange ones, I always thought the orange ones were yams  as most people do  till I "finally" learned better  ac_blush ) and broccoli buds.

It's all new to me as I have never had an air fryer before .. and this one is the size of and looks much like our previous full sized regular countertop oven

Any air fry tips welcome .. this one can be used to air fry or cook conventionally so it was win / win... I'm anxious to try so many new things once I get the hang of it all

We spotted it on a price deal we couldn't refuse & old oven was getting .. well .. old & I don't trust old wiring in something that gets so very hot so often for several years of daily use. I'm all exited to try it but it's all new to me

I have a Philips Airfryer, the basket type. It does sweet potato fries perfectly.