The best topic

Replies: 10340
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:33:17 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

I actually agree with Shen Li...

Started by Anonymous, March 24, 2020, 03:48:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

Quote from: "Mel"
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"Are you aware what bottlenecks are? Not in the traditional sense but what it means in terms with the flow of people, goods, and services...

We're not fighting the virus in so much as we're rather fighting bottlenecks for people's lives, and goods and services which can maintain them...

What happens if everybody does a run on supermarkets, pharmacies, and banks? It collapses...

What happens if people don't do their best to isolate from one another? The 2-3k ICU beds in most major countries get filled real quick and they're no longer turning just 60+ year olds away... they're going to start turning anyone with a prior condition, is under 60/50/even 40, away...

A 1-3% kill rate can rapidly go 10-50% if systems get hit...

...if you think you can shelter in place for 1-36 months...fair enough... you may make it... and things may even be okay... but you won't get the stench of rotting flesh out of your nose long after it's gone and you won't have many personal connections to fall back on...

...so pull your stupidity in.

I understand how this works, and that's why I mentioned special measures of protection for the elderly and those of weak health, since they are the ones that are typically dying from this virus.

You or I would probably be just fine if we contracted Chinkenpox from each other...

I've got a few broken ribs and I'm in my forties... I don't need to be catching a viral pneumonia...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

What I propose, since we'll all get it anyway, is to take exceptional measures for those most likely to die from this virus, and funnel our efforts into them, and them alone.

THEY need the hospital space, I don't.  Do you want me in the ER complaining that I may have the sniffles?  NO!

We have to shift focus here on who this virus will generally kill, and it's not the young and healthy.  That's what I'm saying...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"I've got a few broken ribs and I'm in my forties... I don't need to be catching a viral pneumonia...

You are going to get it anyways.  You cannot stop that fact.  The only way you will not get it, is if you lived off the grid completely, with zero human contact, and that may even include special handling procedures for items mailed to you.

It spreads just like the common cold.  If we could stop the spread of the common cold, we wouldn't get it.  We can't stop the spread of the common cold, nor can we stop this.

We could attempt to generate a vaccine, but that is months away...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"Mel, the coronavirus didn't start in a wet market.

Your opinion.  My opinion may differ...

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"I have enough toilet paper for a month. Mel you're fucked living in nowhere land. I can send you some. $20 per roll.

I'm stocked up!  And good to go!  Besides, I don't know why people are so concerned about not having toilet paper!

I get the best clean on my ass with a damp facecloth that I can wash!  Almost like taking a shower!

I live rural now, but close enough to all that I need...  Newer immigrants may not feel comfortable in rural, but for Whitey it comes natural!   :laugh:

Frood

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"I've got a few broken ribs and I'm in my forties... I don't need to be catching a viral pneumonia...

You are going to get it anyways.  You cannot stop that fact.  The only way you will not get it, is if you lived off the grid completely, with zero human contact, and that may even include special handling procedures for items mailed to you.

It spreads just like the common cold.  If we could stop the spread of the common cold, we wouldn't get it.  We can't stop the spread of the common cold, nor can we stop this.

We could attempt to generate a vaccine, but that is months away...

What do you think I've been doing for the last 8-10 weeks...

You think that I jusr magically decided recently that I needed to go bear hibernation?

We've got one outgoing and incoming person in this household and they're in a high risk category...

Pull your head in, mate....
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dove"I mean, do you understand we are doing this to slow the spread so hospitals dont end up overwhelmed and we dont have to resort to rationing care?

That's my whole point.  Many nations are rationing care already...  If a 30 year old, otherwise healthy adult dies from this, there were already many underlying medical issues.

Quote from: "Dove"No, it's too late to stop and contain Covid. We know this. And it's already mutated. It will likely mutate again.

Agreed on the first.  Not sure on the last...  Do you have evidence that this virus has mutated?  If you do, you should share this newfound knowledge with the Center for Disease Control...

Quote from: "Dove"We are doing this to slow it down. Not contain it.  That ship sailed.

I understand that.

Quote from: "Dove"So would you like to see break outs so bad our health care systems collapse and we have more deaths and more severely ill patients that we cannot keep up with? Throw some staff shortage on top of that? People getting reinfected?

That's going to happen anyways.  

Quote from: "Dove"Novel viruses work different with the human immune system than human viruses do. We have no immunities to this, it will spread faster than we can deal with.

They work just like any other virus does.

Quote from: "Dove"And how many younger people have underlying health conditions they dont know they have?

Probably quite a few, but that's all academic at this point in time.

Quote from: "Dove"We got "healthy" people in their 30s on vents here. Several others needing medical support, of various ages. In other countries, they had to make decisions to provide vent support to younger people with a stronger recovery rate and have pallative comfort care provided to the elderly or terminal.  

What does that tell you?

It tells me that everyone will contract Chinkenpox shortly, so focus on the ones that it generally kills, and keep the rest separate from the system.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"What do you think I've been doing for the last 8-10 weeks...

You think that I jusr magically decided recently that I needed to go bear hibernation?

We've got one outgoing and incoming person in this household and they're in a high risk category...

I moved rural too, but the fact that we're both still posting on the netz show one thing:  We're not off the fucking grid.

You KNOW we both go to the local store to get whatever, and are nonetheless still in contact with people!

We will all get it, trust me!

Frood

Quote from: "Guest"
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"What do you think I've been doing for the last 8-10 weeks...

I moved rural too, but the fact that we're both still posting on the netz show one thing:  We're not off the fucking grid.

You KNOW we both go to the local store to get whatever, and are nonetheless still in contact with people!

We will all get it, trust me!

Maybe YOU'LL get it because you still need to go to shops and don't know how to decontaminate...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"
Maybe YOU'LL get it because you still need to go to shops and don't know how to decontaminate...

I will get it, and you will get it too.

It's just a matter of time.

If you are ever in contact with any other people, you will eventually get it my friend...

Frood

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"

I will get it, and you will get it too.

It's just a matter of time.

If you are ever in contact with any other people, you will eventually get it my friend...

ac_toofunny

Ok, stooge... whatever you reckon...  :laugh3:
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

It will spread around the entire World.  You can't stop it, because we can't stop movement, of either people or goods.

Svalbard doesn't have any cases as of yet, but even Svalbard will not be immune...

If Svalbard gets it, we all will get it, and they will get it also.  Trust me!

Chinkenpox will come for you, and there is nothing that you can do to avoid it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"Ok, stooge... whatever you reckon...  :laugh3:

You'll get it, and you'll probably be fine.

My will is in order, so just a heads up.

Remember this one thing:  Six degrees of separation.

Frood

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"Ok, stooge... whatever you reckon...  :laugh3:

You'll get it, and you'll probably be fine.

My will is in order, so just a heads up.

Remember this one thing:  Six degrees of separation.

Wrong..  you hope I get it because you didn't do food and medicine security before this happened...

...you've literally been thrown into the deep end by this and are aghast at the notion you didn't prepare for it...

I've been scanning off dipole antennas for the last 6 weeks, anticipating the prospect that the internet gets shut down or killed completely... I did major home orders for supermarket delivery in Jan and Feb... on top of what we already had, and I've been running dehydrators near non stop for the last two months... we're going to be fine...

Any issue you can come up with, it's already been considered and accommodated...

Sucks to be you...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview