The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Downing Street Says China Faces A ‘Reckoning’ Over The Coronavirus And Risks Becoming A ‘Pariah State’

Started by cc, March 29, 2020, 12:44:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

This does not at all fit the virus threads, so here goes .. the worm is turning on China

This is the first retribution shot we have heard - look for many more to come

https://www.blazingcatfur.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/10-Downing-Street-620x401.jpg">

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8163767/Downing-Street-says-China-faces-reckoning-coronavirus.html">Downing Street says China faces a 'reckoning' over the coronavirus

Ministers say China risks becoming a 'pariah state' over its handling of outbreak

They are furious over the Communist state's campaign of misinformation

PM Boris Johnson is now facing calls to reverse decision on Huawei 5G deal

Boris Johnson's allies turned on China over the coronavirus crisis yesterday, as Britain's death toll from the epidemic reached four figures.

Ministers and senior Downing Street officials said the Communist state now faces a 'reckoning' over its handling of the outbreak and risks becoming a 'pariah state'.

They are furious over China's campaign of misinformation, attempts to exploit the pandemic for economic gain and atrocious animal rights record.

The Prime Minister, who now faces Cabinet calls to reverse his decision to let controversial Chinese firm Huawei build large parts of Britain's new 5G telecoms network, today warns that the epidemic is likely to worsen in the coming weeks – but that he expects the British 'spirit' to overcome the crisis

Tip o the iceberg - just wait till countries are no longer overwhelmed
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"This does not at all fit the virus threads, so here goes .. the worm is turning on China

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8163767/Downing-Street-says-China-faces-reckoning-coronavirus.html">Downing Street says China faces a 'reckoning' over the coronavirus

Ministers say China risks becoming a 'pariah state' over its handling of outbreak

They are furious over the Communist state's campaign of misinformation

PM Boris Johnson is now facing calls to reverse decision on Huawei 5G deal

Boris Johnson's allies turned on China over the coronavirus crisis yesterday, as Britain's death toll from the epidemic reached four figures.

Ministers and senior Downing Street officials said the Communist state now faces a 'reckoning' over its handling of the outbreak and risks becoming a 'pariah state'.

They are furious over China's campaign of misinformation, attempts to exploit the pandemic for economic gain and atrocious animal rights record.

The Prime Minister, who now faces Cabinet calls to reverse his decision to let controversial Chinese firm Huawei build large parts of Britain's new 5G telecoms network, today warns that the epidemic is likely to worsen in the coming weeks – but that he expects the British 'spirit' to overcome the crisis

Tip o the iceberg - just wait till countries are no longer overwhelmed

Canada and the US have got to get our medical supplies and drug manufacturing back asap. That is at the very least.

cc

That is urgent - I would hope for much more of making our own goods and isolating China

Couldn't happen to a better country  ac_biggrin

Actually, dependency on China for ANY medicines or any essential goods is absurd!!!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"That is urgent - I would hope for much more of making our own goods and isolating China

Actually, dependency on China for ANY medicines or any essential goods is absurd!!!!

Taiwan's manufacturing base has been hollowed out by factories moving to China..

But, we know better than to count on them for all of our essential medicine.

cc

Yes. No surprise there. Taiwan is extremely China-smart

Your country may be in for some new factories once Western countries have time to deal with it .. Canada and US too

Hopefully the West will now clue in to the beast that China is

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "cc"That is urgent - I would hope for much more of making our own goods and isolating China

Taiwan's manufacturing base has been hollowed out by factories moving to China..

Korean heavy industry has moved to China too. But, there are certain protected industries that must produce locally if they want to sell to the ROK market.

I was unaware of how totally dependent Canada and the US are on China for medicine. I am a free trader, but that is insane and it MUST change.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

Korean heavy industry has moved to China too. But, there are certain protected industries that must produce locally if they want to sell to the ROK market.

I was unaware of how totally dependent Canada and the US are on China for medicine. I am a free trader, but that is insane and it MUST change.

A lot of Canadians were shocked to discover China controls our health.

@realAzhyaAryola

Oh I've been hearing this on the airwaves. It will come to that eventually. China is probably preparing for it too.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Trump is measuring himself though because a lot of our American medicine comes from China too. It should not have been that way but that is how it has been for some time. Well, what do you know....
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

cc

Agree. Johnson is blowing the whistle at this time, but Trump is caught between saying what he knows and causing China to stop sending meds

China would do that

I think they knew how much China has been lying from the gitgo

I'm also sensing that this pandemic is far worse than we can imagine

Anonymous

It is a tight rope walk. But, when we are through this pandemic, pharmaceuticals must be made at home. We must free ourselves from being at China's mercy.