The best topic

Replies: 8534
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 05:21:48 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

A

Hey Seoulbro, How long do you think this latest finacial crisis will last?

Started by Anonymous, March 19, 2020, 02:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

This video includes a 1962 Interview with a young Warren Buffet & hints on how to time a Stock Market Crash:

">

Video points out that S & P went up over 110% during the most recent bull run while earnings increased just 30% over the same period.

The video also graphically indicates that the true value of the S & P should have only been about 1700 to 1800.

So its current value of 2500 is still too high & suggests tjat the market will fall further down, possibly below 1700 given the coming recession & poor economic data.

That would be a signicant drop from its high of 3400 in 2020.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Yer Pal Joe"....so in case y'all sceptics have been wonderin'...

It IS possible to lose your SHIRT or LIFE'S SAVINGS in the stock market at A MOMENT'S MOTICE without even trying.

I'll tell you the Coles Notes version of what lead up to the '29 crash, which is often absent from most examinations of that...

Let's say the bank will lend ANYONE money @ 5%.  Now let's say the stock market paid out 10%, to anyone.

You can see what was being created here, in this scenario.

Farmers, you name it, were getting 5% loans easily, simply to reinvest that in shares that paid 10%.  It was FREE MONEY, to everyone, and times were great.

The roaring 1920's was a great era, actually.  It is what kept Germany from retaliating for the bullshit Treaty of Versailles for a decade, actually!

I digress...

It was all built up upon nothing.  When the Farmers and Labourers and the everyman was called to pay back their loans, they couldn't.  The market dumped.  Their assets were worth 1/2 of what they just were, but they still owed the full amount of their loan back to the bank.

And it devastated the World for 10 years.  Making money out of nothing is never a good idea.

My own personal opinion?  Avoid debt.  Nothing wrong with investing, as it's generally a sound model, but avoid being indebted if doing so.

Frood

Global depression with internal and external unrest... possibly culminating in regional or world wars...

...that's the indication... but who knows...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"Global depression with internal and external unrest... possibly culminating in regional or world wars...

I don't think that will happen now though...  The Treaty of Versailles would've been unfair to any Nation, then and even now, and we all know the outcome of that!  Such a thing will probably never be replicated again...

I see localized unrest possible though, and the possibility of social unrest, especially if you live around non-Whites.

That said, in a few short months, China will be back to producing 90% of what we buy, just like now!   :laugh:

Anonymous

The real problem is that we want, and like, to buy extension cords for $0.99...

We want cheap food and labour also.  Temporary foreign workers do this here, there, and everywhere.  They get paid minimum wage, and don't complain.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"
Quote from: "Guest"Anyways you're lucky you sold your condo when you did, Mel.

Because I'm under the impression real estate aint sellin much these days in Vancouver or elsewhere.

There'll probably be tons of unsold homes & condos in the next 6 mos.

The ones who bought 6 mos ago purchased in a fools market.

The one problem lately now, is condo and townhouse insurance.  When I first bought my unit, the buildinfgs deductible was $5,000.  After a few years, it was something like a $75,000 deductible, which the unit owner would get secondary insurance on.

It's strange to me that I can insure a house for the same or even less than a condo costs to insure now...

Givn the infirmation you've imparted, there will undoubtably be a huge glut of unsold condos coming onto the GVRD real estate market.  A coming recession, scared investors not spending + exhorbitant insurance costs will make it more expensive to own than they are worth. So either there will be a ton of condos for sale or else the owners will rent them out. The latter means a possible surplus of rentals, fewer renters without jobs & declining rental prices.

A Buyers Market. Possibly for renters too.

But nothing other than government subsidized housing will get built.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"Global depression with internal and external unrest... possibly culminating in regional or world wars...

I don't think that will happen now though...  The Treaty of Versailles would've been unfair to any Nation, then and even now, and we all know the outcome of that!  Such a thing will probably never be replicated again...

I see localized unrest possible though, and the possibility of social unrest, especially if you live around non-Whites.

That said, in a few short months, China will be back to producing 90% of what we buy, just like now!   :laugh:

But China has replaced Russia or Iran as the Top Pariah Nation.

They may continue to churn out cheap goods but they've lost whatever prestige & status they'd dreamed of.

No more international events hosted there for a while.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Winter Olympiad scheduled there gets cancelled or is boycotted due to health concerns, a shiity world economy & festering outrage from the rest of the world.

The coronoavirus crisis revealed China for what it is. A diseased authoritarian shithole unlivable for its own citizens.

Frood

The treaty of Versailles wasn't great for one region....
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"The treaty of Versailles wasn't great for one region....

It certainly wasn't at all!   :laugh:

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview