The best topic

Replies: 10389
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:36:52 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Get Out China - Feds move to block China-owned telecom service from operating in US

Started by cc, April 09, 2020, 10:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vancouver

Quote from: "seoulbro"A rising currency, too many employees performing too few tasks, better productivity in the West, and rapidly rising wages means production in China is not a money saver that it used to be.
I guess you could be right. Maybe north america is more productive. Companies should move manufacturing out from China but I still think many won't.

I read this morning.

"Chinese companies are going out of business and that will continue as foreign companies race for the exit. It should go without saying that when a country's economy is in tatters, you will see an increase in companies shutting down. We are seeing this with manufacturing companies and we expect this will only get worse as more and more foreign companies move their manufacturing out."
Time is malleable

Zetsu

Since they pass the law that requires 3 strikes warning before the company can fire the worker, China's productivity have gone downhill since then.  When the employee messes up, first you need to warn them, second time you need to retrain them and third time you need to direct him to another post before they can be fired.  The problem is that the company doesn't really pays the price, but consumers do with their shit quality products.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"I don't find the top 4 surprising

I always knew Canadians were nowhere close to US and many others for productivity ... but it seems I did not know by how much

WOW  .. who would want to start a world product company in Canada

OK, not much you can buy from Canada but US is pretty efficient and competitive

As I recall, always was that way before China got its hooks into things ... and Mexico

Productivity has been a problem in Canada for a while. Trudeau has chased away foreign capital investment in key sectors which would have boosted our productivity. We are a productivity laggard and getting worse in fact.

Anonymous

All our production lines must return. Slap huge tariffs on imports that we could and should be producing ourselves. Especially from China.

Anonymous

Never again can Canada be unprepared for national emergencies. Canada shipped critical supply chains overseas, and the jobs that came with them. We put our faith in corrupt foreign governments and incompetent global institutions. Now we're paying the price. The Chinese regime lied to the world in the early stages of COVID-19. Now they control most of the world's supply of protective equipment and PPE. We are at their mercy.

Frood

Quote from: "seoulbro"Never again can Canada be unprepared for national emergencies. Canada shipped critical supply chains overseas, and the jobs that came with them. We put our faith in corrupt foreign governments and incompetent global institutions. Now we're paying the price. The Chinese regime lied to the world in the early stages of COVID-19. Now they control most of the world's supply of protective equipment and PPE. We are at their mercy.

..and pharmaceuticals...

...and when the world retracts from China, they'll have nothing to lose pursuing their hard empire ambitions....
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"
Quote from: "seoulbro"Never again can Canada be unprepared for national emergencies. Canada shipped critical supply chains overseas, and the jobs that came with them. We put our faith in corrupt foreign governments and incompetent global institutions. Now we're paying the price. The Chinese regime lied to the world in the early stages of COVID-19. Now they control most of the world's supply of protective equipment and PPE. We are at their mercy.

..and pharmaceuticals...

...and when the world retracts from China, they'll have nothing to lose pursuing their hard empire ambitions....

From what I have read, Beijing is desperately trying to contain the coming exodus of companies.

Frood

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"

..and pharmaceuticals...

From what I have read, Beijing is desperately trying to contain the coming exodus of companies.

And then our problems grow...
Blahhhhhh...

cc

JUST IN: President Trump Halts US Funding of WHO "While a Review is Conducted" (like the UN, the US carries WHO on its back - others pay very little to both)

Among many other China - benefit items, WHO claimed it could not be spread by human-to-human contact .. which they knew was not true from China .. and they knew this would hurt the rest of the world.

Calling it what it is - In effect it helped China with its act of war
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"JUST IN: President Trump Halts US Funding of WHO "While a Review is Conducted" (like the UN, the US carries WHO on its back - others pay very little to both)

Among many other China - benefit items, WHO claimed it could not be spread by human-to-human contact .. which they knew was not true from China .. and they knew this would hurt the rest of the world.

Calling it what it is - In effect it helped China with its act of war

Best president the states has had in my lifetime. :thumbup:

Anonymous

The Fight To Reshore US Pharmaceuticals

https://dailycaller.com/2020/05/25/michael-stumo-reshore-pharmaceuticals/?utm_source=piano&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2360&pnespid=lfB986hICwuNW9nUGElp_NzUeIRi4HXVF2dpD5PH">https://dailycaller.com/2020/05/25/mich ... XVF2dpD5PH">https://dailycaller.com/2020/05/25/michael-stumo-reshore-pharmaceuticals/?utm_source=piano&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2360&pnespid=lfB986hICwuNW9nUGElp_NzUeIRi4HXVF2dpD5PH

The Trump administration has taken a smart first step on this path. The Department of Health and Human Services recently awarded a $354 million contract for generic drug production to Phlow Corp., a Virginia-based manufacturer that uses state-of-the art drug manufacturing technology. The company will start making prescription drugs and pharmaceutical ingredients, including medicines used to treat COVID-19.

This marks a good start toward boosting U.S. drug production. But a comprehensive, whole-of-government response is needed. For example, the three standard antibiotics used to treat coronavirus-related infections — azithromycin, ciprofloxacin, and piperacillin — all require ingredients made in China. The United States also sources 80 percent of its active pharmaceutical ingredients from overseas, mostly from China and India. And even common household medicines like ibuprofen and acetaminophen overwhelmingly come from China. It's past time to start reshoring these capabilities.

The bigger issue is that China remains heavily interwoven in U.S. drug manufacturing. Currently, if a drug is assembled in the U.S. from ingredients made in China, the finished pharmaceutical can still be considered "American-made." And that allows companies using China-made drug ingredients to claim their product is 'Made in USA' — and have access to federal contracts. Republican Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida has introduced legislation to close this loophole and ensure that federal procurement applies only to medicines with active ingredients made entirely in the United States.

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=363648 time=1590541562 user_id=88
Tomorrow comes ruling in the enemy prisoner

Canada wimps out?

A BC court.

cc

Aha - "Meng Wanzhou loses key court fight, must stay in B.C. to fight extradition"

https://globalnews.ca/news/6992243/meng-wanzhou-extradition-case-ruling-2/">https://globalnews.ca/news/6992243/meng ... -ruling-2/">https://globalnews.ca/news/6992243/meng-wanzhou-extradition-case-ruling-2/

The B.C. Supreme Court has ruled against Huawei executive Meng Wanzhou in a major decision this morning.

The decision, released Wednesday by Justice Heather Holmes, means Meng must stay in Canada and keep fighting the U.S. extradition order.

The legal arguments centre on whether the allegations Meng is facing in the United States would be a crime in Canada.

The United States has charged her with fraud over allegations she violated American sanctions against Iran, which she and the Chinese telecommunications giant have denied.

You got me watching Global a lot Fash!!

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=363804 time=1590605083 user_id=88
Aha - "Meng Wanzhou loses key court fight, must stay in B.C. to fight extradition"

https://globalnews.ca/news/6992243/meng-wanzhou-extradition-case-ruling-2/">https://globalnews.ca/news/6992243/meng ... -ruling-2/">https://globalnews.ca/news/6992243/meng-wanzhou-extradition-case-ruling-2/

The B.C. Supreme Court has ruled against Huawei executive Meng Wanzhou in a major decision this morning.

The decision, released Wednesday by Justice Heather Holmes, means Meng must stay in Canada and keep fighting the U.S. extradition order.

The legal arguments centre on whether the allegations Meng is facing in the United States would be a crime in Canada.

The United States has charged her with fraud over allegations she violated American sanctions against Iran, which she and the Chinese telecommunications giant have denied.

You got me watching Global a lot Fash!!

I aint sure if this is good or bad. Your thoughts ceec?