Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 08:57:58 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

A

Nova Scotia Massacre 10 dead

Started by Anonymous, April 19, 2020, 05:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetsu

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"He could've had ongoing mental health problems too?  Who knows? A lot of mental health issues go ignored until someone gets killed.

There are A LOT of people out there with mental health issues and some of them are 'professionals'...nobody does anything....look at Trump...

Sadly what you've mentioned couldn't be anymore correct.  At least our government should require each person to take a psychiatry test before getting a PAL, and visit their local psychologist for guidance once a year to see if there's anything odd is going on, the facts is gun ownership is something not to underestimate or play with.
Permanently off his rocker

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

The police are going through his devices, social media looking for clues as to why he did this.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Was it his gun(s) ?

They haven't said, but more than likely they were.  Unless they were stolen, it's a rare practice for Canadian gun owners to lend their firearms to others...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"Sadly what you've mentioned couldn't be anymore correct.  At least our government should require each person to take a psychiatry test before getting a PAL, and visit their local psychologist for guidance once a year to see if there's anything odd is going on, the facts is gun ownership is something not to underestimate or play with.

Would make no difference.  The guy was smart enough to establish and run a denturist practice, so I'm sure he's smart enough to tell a shrink what they want to hear...

cc

Agree. Shrink session seems good idea .. but the worse potential killer types know how to fool the best

A record of psycho acts and you have something to work with  but talk would catch only the less bright ones

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"
Quote from: "cc"Was it his gun(s) ?

They haven't said, but more than likely they were.  Unless they were stolen, it's a rare practice for Canadian gun owners to lend their firearms to others...

Maybe he had a semi auto, well you can kiss goodbye to them now

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Agree. Shrink session seems good idea .. but the killer types know how to fool the best

Look at the reviews I've posted by people he did denture work on.  By all accounts, he seems like an upper-middle class professional.  Even some neighbours that knew him are completely shocked this happened.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Guest"Maybe he had a semi auto, well you can kiss goodbye to them now

Hard to say, but my guess would be he probably used a semi-auto long gun...

cc

yup .. most major killer types can look good to others

QuoteMaybe he had a semi auto, well you can kiss goodbye to them now

Doubt it. A tough argument to support. Semi or not, someone gun-savvy vs many unarmed and surprised can do it with any type gun

Zetsu

Quote from: "Zetsu"Sadly what you've mentioned couldn't be anymore correct.  At least our government should require each person to take a psychiatry test before getting a PAL, and visit their local psychologist for guidance once a year to see if there's anything odd is going on, the facts is gun ownership is something not to underestimate or play with.

Would make no difference.  The guy was smart enough to establish and run a denturist practice, so I'm sure he's smart enough to tell a shrink what they want to hear...

It might be hard to believe, but a good psychiatrist can get an idea of what going on in a patient's brain, though it's against their work ethics to mind read and really hard to dig up solid evidence, but could at least it'll give the cops a early warning before things get worst.  But the most important thing is to help the person when they need it the most.  

I think it's only reasonable b/c aside from the main reason why cops and soldiers are given guns is b/c it's needed for their job, they still go through strict disciplinary routines and a lot of police station(at least the ones in HK) have psychiatrist on stand by ready to assist.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"
It might be hard to believe, but a good psychiatrist can get an idea of what going on in a patient's brain, though it's against their work ethics to mind read and really hard to dig up solid evidence, but could at least it'll give the cops a early warning before things get worst.  But the most important thing is to help the person when they need it the most.  

I think it's only reasonable b/c aside from the main reason why cops and soldiers are given guns is b/c it's needed for their job, they still go through strict disciplinary routines and a lot of police station(at least the ones in HK) have psychiatrist on stand by ready to assist.

A motivated and determined person can accomplish almost anything in almost all environments, be it good or bad.  It is terribly difficult for even the best shrinks to predict what someone may or may not do months or even years down the road.

cc

I realize that argument .. but a cool killer type can con anyone ...most shrinks can't even help regular people let alone admit they know very little beyond what the person says to them ... plus most think they are smart enough to just know (the fatal flaw)

The ones they get are the not so bright ones ... the smart ones, not a chance

Again, a record of psychotic acts IS useful

Zetsu

A motivated and determined person can accomplish almost anything in almost all environments, be it good or bad.  It is terribly difficult for even the best shrinks to predict what someone may or may not do months or even years down the road.

What you say is true, but a psychiatrist doesn't just rely on what the patient tell them, sometimes they understand the person better than themselves, they have definitely have their ways, you can bet on that, else criminal psychiatry wouldn't exist in the first place.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview