Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:33:35 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

A

Coroanvirus Overreaction

Started by Anonymous, April 20, 2020, 10:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"There are business's that have started back to work here in Texas. Just bought a new aluminum trailer for the boat. Son paid for it today. Delivery day is June 2. They went back to work last week and they have a backlog.

I don't think business like that ever shut down here, provided they could maintain 'social distancing'...

Anonymous

I'll be honest...  I don't mind bumming around on the Trudybucks welfare cheques that get now get deposited into my account!  I could live like this for quite some time!  Bumming around the yard and house, taking care of tasks here and there...  Almost like I'm retired!   :laugh:

kiebers

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "kiebers"There are business's that have started back to work here in Texas. Just bought a new aluminum trailer for the boat. Son paid for it today. Delivery day is June 2. They went back to work last week and they have a backlog.

Terrific kiebers.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

I know...terrific he paid for it.

:laugh:
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

kiebers

Quote from: "Mel"

I don't think business like that ever shut down here, provided they could maintain 'social distancing'...

This one actually did. It should have been ordered a few weeks ago. Now it is cutting it close to vacation week and the motor still needs to be worked on. Hopefully we can still get it done in time to take with us.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"
This one actually did. It should have been ordered a few weeks ago. Now it is cutting it close to vacation week and the motor still needs to be worked on. Hopefully we can still get it done in time to take with us.

Here, anything dealing with transportation of any sort is deemed an essential service...  All shops are open.  Even bicycle shops!

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Mel"Then again, there's some that like to sit back and watch the world burn!   :laugh:

They're extremely rare..

Most people want a future..

The longer this lock down goes on, the less likely there will be one.

I just hope that some people have learned patience and respect during this time.  

I ran into a woman I know at the store last week, stopped and said hi...she was telling me about her nails and how she couldn't get them filled...she was almost in tears...it was quite pathetic to be honest.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Mel"Then again, there's some that like to sit back and watch the world burn!   :laugh:

They're extremely rare..

I just hope that some people have learned patience and respect during this time.  

I ran into a woman I know at the store last week, stopped and said hi...she was telling me about her nails and how she couldn't get them filled...she was almost in tears...it was quite pathetic to be honest.

:laugh:

Berry Sweet

Right!? It was hard not to roll my eyes.  But I was kind about it anyway...*sigh*

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"

They're extremely rare..

Nah, that was old Joe. He is a drama queen.

Vancouver

Quote from: "Mel"I'll be honest...  I don't mind bumming around on the Trudybucks welfare cheques that get now get deposited into my account!  I could live like this for quite some time!  Bumming around the yard and house, taking care of tasks here and there...  Almost like I'm retired!   :laugh:

My mornings are great. Toast with strawberry jam, boiled eggs, and a cup of black coffee or English breakfast tea. I take my time. No work, no rush, no appointments. Just living. The world is fine. Traffic is smooth. Gas is cheap. Rock 101 on the radio.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"
Quote from: "Mel"I'll be honest...  I don't mind bumming around on the Trudybucks welfare cheques that get now get deposited into my account!  I could live like this for quite some time!  Bumming around the yard and house, taking care of tasks here and there...  Almost like I'm retired!   :laugh:

My mornings have been great. Toast with strawberry jam, boiled eggs, and a cup of black coffee or English breakfast tea. I take my time. No work, no rush, no appointments. Just living. The world is fine. Traffic is smooth. Gas is cheap. Rock 101 on the radio.

I always have a lot of work to do on my farm. I am up early, have coffee, and then I have at least ten hours of work. I love it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
I always have a lot of work to do on my farm. I am up early, have coffee, and then I have at least ten hours of work. I love it.

You should qualify for the Trudybucks also, if your farm is a business and earned you at least $5,000 in the last 12 months...

Anonymous

You should qualify for the Trudybucks also, if your farm is a business and earned you at least $5,000 in the last 12 months...

Even though I work as an independent well site supervisor three and a half months a year, my income is too high. My old lady has a high income too and she is still being paid.

Anonymous

Even though I work as an independent well site supervisor three and a half months a year, my income is too high. My old lady has a high income too and she is still being paid.

Doesn't matter how much your income was, just as long as you can't work right now due to virus!

Berry Sweet

Doesn't matter how much your income was, just as long as you can't work right now due to virus!

Free money is not exactly free.  I'm  hearing that some people are recieving both EI and the cerb....   I'm  sure some people are going to get dinged next year.   Spur of the moment thinking can cause problems down the road.  Not sure the actual qualifications for this, but better be safe than stupid.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview