News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Impossible to even comprehend these numbers....

Started by Obvious Li, October 13, 2013, 11:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Renee

Quote from: "Romero"If we give the poor a living wage, they will suffer!

Yeah, right. You lost the argument before it even started. McDonald's pays its workers at least $10/hour in Canada and other countries and still highly profits.

Progressive ideology? The minimum wage was raised three times under George W. Bush, in 2007, 2008 and 2009. It's supposed to increase over the years.

$10 an hour is a "living wage"? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: What planet are you on?

For your info dumbass much of the poor that use fast food as a staple may not even have jobs. Many exist on puplic assistance alone. Besides raising consumer costs, raising the minimum wage in the unskilled job sector will reduce the number of jobs and where will that leave the working poor?

Bottom line nitwit, it's not an employer's responsibility to see that an employee receives a "living wage" (whatever that is) nor is it the responsibility of the government. It is up to the individual to find a job that pays more if they cannot make ends meet. You leftard pukes are all the same; responsibility for one's welfare always comes down to someone else's problem.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Romero

If $10/hour isn't a living wage, what's $7.25? Why are we "leftard pukes" for wanting one minimum wage raise when it was okay to raise it three times under a Republican president?

Call me childish names all you want, but you're the one wanting to keep millions of Americans in poverty and hungry.

Quote from: "Renee"Name calling is childish and wrong no matter what the reason.

Renee

Quote from: "Romero"If $10/hour isn't a living wage, what's $7.25? Why are we "leftard pukes" for wanting one minimum wage raise when it was okay to raise it three times under a Republican president?

Call me childish names all you want, but you're the one wanting to keep millions of Americans in poverty and hungry.

Quote from: "Renee"Name calling is childish and wrong no matter what the reason.

Yeah that's exactly what I want :lol: ; enough with the leftard hysterics; as always you are only making yourself look like a smarmy little bitch.

You simply do not get it because you don't understand the situation. Simple economics appears to be beyond your grasp. We've been over this dozens of times and you have been told the same thing by 3 or 4 different people here and still you don't understand. you are obviously beyond any kind of reason. What I want for millions of Americans is for them to get away and out from under minimum wage jobs and into higher paying jobs. Minimum wage jobs are and NEVER were meant to be careers or even a means to support a household. They are starter jobs, kid's jobs, part time employment. Until ways are put in place to bring higher paying manufacturing and industry jobs back to the US poverty rates will NOT improve.

Furthermore you are still ignoring the fact that only 3 or 4% of people making minimum wage are primary breadwinners and most if not all receive government subsides to augment their income. You are doing nothing but playing Chicken Little and in the process looking like a fool.

It's funny how people who worked hard to get a head and become somewhat successful don't agree with your far left ideology and the people who sit around and cry "poor me" and expect something for nothing are the first to climb onto your lefty bandwagon. That alone should give you some kind of hint that what you are trying to promote is WRONG.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"

Yeah, right. You lost the argument before it even started. McDonald's pays its workers at least $10/hour in Canada and other countries and still highly profits.

Progressive ideology? The minimum wage was raised three times under George W. Bush, in 2007, 2008 and 2009. It's supposed to increase over the years.

You keep repeating yourself after it has been clearly explained to you why wages are not the same at every McDonald's franchise all over the world.

One more time, [size=150]Canadian, European and Australian franchisees had to become more productive per worker, reduce the number of employees, sell more expensive menu items plus raise their prices to accommodate higher wage costs and so will American franchisees. [/size]

Forget it, he just repeats himself over and over, that's his M.O.

The funny part is that he get offended because people get pissed at him and call him names. :lol:

Romero

Quote from: "Renee"Furthermore you are still ignoring the fact that only 3 or 4% of people making minimum wage are primary breadwinners and most if not all receive government subsides to augment their income.

http://deathandtaxesmag.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/chart-minimum-wage-be43a51-450x585.jpg">

I don't know where you're getting only 3-4% from.

I don't know why you'd rather augment their income with your tax dollars rather than one of the wealthiest corporations in the world.

Quote from: "Shen Li"One more time, [size=150]Canadian, European and Australian franchisees had to become more productive per worker, reduce the number of employees, sell more expensive menu items plus raise their prices to accommodate higher wage costs and so will American franchisees. [/size]

That's what you claim, but I don't see any evidence of it. McDonald's is only expanding in Canada, Europe and Australia, because it's making so much money.

I don't want franchisees making less money. This isn't about that. McDonald's has plenty of money to allow their franchises to pay more. Of course, ultimately the US will have to raise the minimum wage. It's about time since leftard George W. Bush raised it three times. Millions will struggle less and spend more, helping the economy.

There's no doubt that stalling has just made things worse.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"The funny part is that he get offended because people get pissed at him and call him names. :lol:

Makes ya wonder if he is trolling us a wee bit. Anyway, here's how minimum wage increase work for many small business owners,

QuoteConsider a community based pizza parlor selling 100 pies a day for 360 days at $10 each.  Total revenue is $360,000.  It employs 10 minimum wage workers earning $7 per hour, working 2000 hours a year, making labor costs $140,000.  Assume rent, utilities, equipment, depreciation, insurance, supplies, licenses, and food costs come to $170,000 per year, leaving a profit of $50,000 for the owner and his/her family.  Raising the minimum wage $1 would raise labor costs by $20,000 (paying more for the same amount of labor) and reduce profit to $30,000.  The owner must either move into a smaller house or raise prices, which reduces the demand for pizza, resulting in the loss of a worker.  So, the full increase in the wage cost of an increase in the minimum wage comes out of the pockets of customers or the owner's family, and the one person who loses a job.  There was no net gain in income to increase spending in the community served as every dollar the minimum wage workers received came out of someone else's pocket in the community.
[/quote]

Romero

Quote from: "Renee"

You keep repeating yourself after it has been clearly explained to you why wages are not the same at every McDonald's franchise all over the world.

One more time,
You realize you just quoted Shen Li repeating herself?

Do I sound offended? On the contrary, I love pointing out your hypocrisy! I love the fact that you're incapable of holding an adult discussion. Please, keep 'em coming!

Romero

QuoteConsider a community based pizza parlor selling 100 pies a day for 360 days at $10 each.  Total revenue is $360,000.  It employs 10 minimum wage workers earning $7 per hour, working 2000 hours a year, making labor costs $140,000.  Assume rent, utilities, equipment, depreciation, insurance, supplies, licenses, and food costs come to $170,000 per year, leaving a profit of $50,000 for the owner and his/her family.  Raising the minimum wage $1 would raise labor costs by $20,000 (paying more for the same amount of labor) and reduce profit to $30,000.  The owner must either move into a smaller house or raise prices, which reduces the demand for pizza, resulting in the loss of a worker.  So, the full increase in the wage cost of an increase in the minimum wage comes out of the pockets of customers or the owner's family, and the one person who loses a job.  There was no net gain in income to increase spending in the community served as every dollar the minimum wage workers received came out of someone else's pocket in the community.

There have been no problems for pizza parlors in countries where the minimum wage is at least $10/hour.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"

There have been no problems for pizza parlors in countries where the minimum wage is at least $10/hour.

Jeezuz, I have already shown you at least twice now where there have been problems for the small business owner but I will explain it one last time. [size=200]Canadian, European and Australian franchisees had to become more productive per worker, reduce the number of employees, use automation to replace employees, sell more expensive menu items plus raise their prices to accommodate higher wage costs and so will American franchisees. [/size]

Get it now? Take money out of the owner's pocket and he will have to seek creative ways to recoup his loss of income.

As for the % of Americans making minimum wage this article says it is 3.2% for both genders over the age of 25.

http://www.bls.gov/cps/minwage2011tbls.htm#7">http://www.bls.gov/cps/minwage2011tbls.htm#7

Romero

Quote from: "Shen Li"Jeezuz, I have already shown you at least twice now where there have been problems for the small business owner but I will explain it one last time. [size=200]Canadian, European and Australian franchisees had to become more productive per worker, reduce the number of employees, use automation to replace employees, sell more expensive menu items plus raise their prices to accommodate higher wage costs and so will American franchisees. [/size]

Get it now? Take money out of the owner's pocket and he will have to seek creative ways to recoup his loss of income.

I would need to see a source other than an opinion piece. I've seen no evidence of it happening.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"Jeezuz, I have already shown you at least twice now where there have been problems for the small business owner but I will explain it one last time. http://ei.marketwatch.com/Multimedia/2013/02/21/Photos/MG/MW-AZ530_minimu_20130221102923_MG.jpg?uuid=81ec46d2-7c3b-11e2-b0bc-002128040cf6">http://ei.marketwatch.com/Multimedia/20 ... 2128040cf6">http://ei.marketwatch.com/Multimedia/2013/02/21/Photos/MG/MW-AZ530_minimu_20130221102923_MG.jpg?uuid=81ec46d2-7c3b-11e2-b0bc-002128040cf6[/img]

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/raising-the-minimum-wage-is-bad-news-2013-02-22?pagenumber=2">http://www.marketwatch.com/story/raisin ... genumber=2">http://www.marketwatch.com/story/raising-the-minimum-wage-is-bad-news-2013-02-22?pagenumber=2

Renee

Quote from: "Renee"Furthermore you are still ignoring the fact that only 3 or 4% of people making minimum wage are primary breadwinners and most if not all receive government subsides to augment their income.

http://deathandtaxesmag.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/chart-minimum-wage-be43a51-450x585.jpg">

I don't know where you're getting only 3-4% from.

Where did I get it from? From the US Bureau of Labor Statistics and the Census Bureau.

We've been over this and over this before. Please do us all a favor and remove your head from your fucking ass!

"Just 4 percent of minimum-wage workers are single parents working full-time,"

That statement says that of minimum wage workers, only 4% of of them are primary breadwinners.  

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2013/02/who-earns-the-minimum-wage-suburban-teenagers-not-single-parents">http://www.heritage.org/research/report ... le-parents">http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2013/02/who-earns-the-minimum-wage-suburban-teenagers-not-single-parents

Anonymous

The link I posted above you confirms your numbers Renee.

Here's the only ways to squeeze more money out of small business owners.
QuoteIt's also possible that McDonald's keeps its prices down overseas by squeezing more productivity out of its workers. Researchers studying the impact of minimum wage increases on American fast food chains in the Deep South have found that while restaurants mostly cope by their raising prices, they also respond by handing their employees more responsibility. It stands to reason that in places like Europe and Australia, managers have found ways to get more mileage out of their staff as well.

Or if not, they've at least managed to replace a few of them with computers. As Michael Schaefer, an analyst with Euromonitor International, told me, fast food franchises in Europe have been some of the earliest adopters of touchscreen kiosks that let customers order without a cashier. As always, the peril of making employees more expensive is that machines become cheaper in comparison.

Finally, McDonald's has also helped its bottom line abroad by experimenting with higher margin menu items while trying to court more affluent customers. Way back in 1993, for instance, Australia became home to the first McCafe coffee shops, which sell highly profitable espresso drinks. During the last decade, meanwhile, the company gave its European restaurants a designer make-over and began offering more localized menus meant to draw a higher spending crowd.

So if President Obama waved a magic wand tomorrow and raised the minimum wage to $10 or $15, does this all mean that U.S. fast food chains would be able to cope? "Were that to happen overnight, it would be a hugely traumatic process," Schaefer told me. After all, virtually every fast food franchise in the country would have to rethink its business model as their profits evaporated. But as the international market shows, the models are out there. It would certainly mean more expensive burgers. It would almost definitely mean fewer workers, as restaurants found ways to streamline their staffs, either through better management or technology. And it might mean fewer chains catering to the bottom of the market.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/08/the-magical-world-where-mcdonalds-pays-15-an-hour-its-australia/278313/">http://www.theatlantic.com/business/arc ... ia/278313/">http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/08/the-magical-world-where-mcdonalds-pays-15-an-hour-its-australia/278313/

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"Jeezuz, I have already shown you at least twice now where there have been problems for the small business owner but I will explain it one last time. [size=200]Canadian, European and Australian franchisees had to become more productive per worker, reduce the number of employees, use automation to replace employees, sell more expensive menu items plus raise their prices to accommodate higher wage costs and so will American franchisees. [/size]

I would need to see a source other than an opinion piece. I've seen no evidence of it happening.

Yeah, business owners just love to lose profits thru increased costs. They would never ever dream of finding ways to offset their loses.  :lol:

Are you serious or just stupid?

Renee

Quote from: "Renee"

One more time,
You realize you just quoted Shen Li repeating herself?

Do I sound offended? On the contrary, I love pointing out your hypocrisy! I love the fact that you're incapable of holding an adult discussion. Please, keep 'em coming!

Really; you're not offended? Then stop crying about being called names when you act like a jackass.

I you want me to continue to make you look like a bleeding heart fool without punctuating my efforts it with appropriate labels for your stupidity, then fine. I can make you look dumb enough without have to come right out and say it.  It's that much less I have to type.

BTW it's impossible to have an adult conversation with someone who just repeats himself over and over again. It makes about as much sense as arguing with a parrot.