Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

A

World Food Program leader warns of coming famines due to lockdowns

Started by Anonymous, April 25, 2020, 12:53:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

David Beasley, the executive director of the United Nations World Food Program, has recovered from the coronavirus..

I'm very worried about the toll of these lockdowns.

the world may see a global humanitarian catastrophe, including famine in three dozen countries — potentially the most serious crisis since World War II. Ports are closed and supply chains disrupted as a disaster looms for millions.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/world-food-program-leader-warns-the-worst-is-yet-to-come/ar-BB13ak6E">https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/wo ... r-BB13ak6E">https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/world-food-program-leader-warns-the-worst-is-yet-to-come/ar-BB13ak6E

Berry Sweet

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"There would be riots.

There will be here if these lockdowns go on for much longer. it doesn't affect me that much and I will not be part of it, but they will happen.

Gaon

The Russian Rock It

Frood

Suddenly, the flyover states and countries are a little bit more desirable to coastal peoples....
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"Suddenly, the flyover states and countries are a little bit more desirable to coastal peoples....

You betcha.

Gaon

The world is facing multiple famines of "biblical proportions" in just a matter of months, the UN has said, warning that the coronavirus pandemic will push an additional 130 million people to the brink of starvation.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Lock downs could kill hundreds of millions around..

We have crops in Canada that would have been exported rotting fields thanks to lock downs.

265 Million People Could Face Hunger in 'Unprecedented' Crisis, World Food Program Expert Warns

The world faces an "unprecedented" food crisis due to the COVID-19 pandemic, which has caused both severe job losses and major disruptions in food supply chains, the U.N. World Food Programme's Chief Economist warns.

"When you have these severe job losses, or you have big lockdowns, that means that those people become vulnerable," Arif Husain tells TIME.

An estimated 265 million people could go hungry in 2020, nearly double the 2019 figures, according to WFP's projection in April.

As millions around the world are losing their jobs or seeing their incomes cut, it's increasingly difficult for them to afford food, Husain says. At the same time, lockdown measures and trade restrictions are making it harder to transport food from where it's produced to where it's needed, resulting in food going to waste in the field.

https://time.com/5842424/hunger-coronavirus-world-food-programme/">https://time.com/5842424/hunger-coronav ... programme/">https://time.com/5842424/hunger-coronavirus-world-food-programme/

Frood

It's a good idea to buy a little extra long life food to add to your pantry...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=363625 time=1590533498 user_id=1676

Perogies, kolbassa, mustard, and barrel wash.

Frood

Quote from: Herman post_id=363633 time=1590536605 user_id=1689

Perogies and mustard are easy enough to make... kolbassa might be a problem... Spambassa?

...I'm having a barrel wash free few months and don't need the temptation winking at me when I open the cupboards...  ac_biggrin
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=363640 time=1590538461 user_id=1676

Perogies and mustard are easy enough to make... kolbassa might be a problem... Spambassa?

...I'm having a barrel wash free few months and don't need the temptation winking at me when I open the cupboards...  ac_biggrin

Good for you DD.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Blazor

:ohmy:

Surprises me you aint drinking! Did you hit bottom lol?

With my gf and I breaking up soon, I've debated either drowning even more in alcohol, or taking a break as well. I'll let ya know when the time comes lol. Right now, I dont drink 2-3 days of the week though, so thats a start lol. Yeah I hit bottom a few weeks ago.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Break ups and sobriety are usually mutually exclusive events.

Frood

Quote from: Blazor post_id=363748 time=1590587377 user_id=2221

:ohmy:

Surprises me you aint drinking! Did you hit bottom lol?

With my gf and I breaking up soon, I've debated either drowning even more in alcohol, or taking a break as well. I'll let ya know when the time comes lol. Right now, I dont drink 2-3 days of the week though, so thats a start lol. Yeah I hit bottom a few weeks ago.

Detoxing... no booze, nicotine, et cetera...

Drinking bone broth every day, vitamin and mineral supplements... trying to polish my health before I venture out looking for a new job...
Blahhhhhh...