Replies: 10387
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:57:16 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Changing Politics & Economics of Western Countries vs The Pariah

Started by cc, May 02, 2020, 11:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

There is plenty. While Par-ina has the upper hand in ways at this moment, the US is the powerhouse still and ultimately will help today's Par-ina decimate its own economic engine

I made this thread to allow posts on how politics work now and how it will evolve for the very near future .. much less the long run
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

The United States tweeted its support for Taiwan's participation in the United Nations Friday, provoking a sharp response from China expressing "strong indignation and firm opposition."

The tweet from the U.S. Mission to the United Nations said the 193-member global organization was founded to serve "all voices," welcome "a diversity of views and perspectives" and promote human rights. It said "Barring #Taiwan from setting foot on UN grounds is an affront not just to the proud Taïwanese people, but to UN principles." It was retweeted by U.S. Ambassador Kelly Craft.

The decision by the U.S. administration to suddenly raise the Taiwan issue follows President Donald Tump's criticism of China over the coronavirus pandemic after weeks of elaborate praise of President Xi Jinping's performance in tackling the crisis.

Trump is now blaming China for not acting quickly to inform the world of exactly what was happening and halted U.S. contributions to the World Health Organization, accusing it of parroting Beijing.

China claims sovereignty over self-ruled Taiwan and uses its diplomatic clout to stop the island from joining any organizations that require statehood for membership. Taiwan left the United Nations in 1971 when China joined and is excluded from all of its agencies, including the WHO's assembly where its observer status has been stripped. At the same time, it has one of the most robust public health systems in the world, and has won praise for its handling of the virus outbreak.

'One China'

"It gravely interferes with China's internal affairs and deeply hurts the feelings of the 1.4 billion Chinese people," said the spokesperon, who was not named. "There is only one China in the world. The government of the People's Republic China is the sole legal government representing the whole of China, and Taiwan is an inalienable part of China."

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ... poor baby

https://www.france24.com/en/20200502-us-tweets-support-for-taiwan-enraging-china">https://www.france24.com/en/20200502-us ... ging-china">https://www.france24.com/en/20200502-us-tweets-support-for-taiwan-enraging-china

cc

China Expert Peter Zeihan Says China's Collapse on World Stage is Near - Will Crumble in Three Years

Listen carefully .. He's right on point

">

I agree. Parina will not remain it its current position. It did itself in by releasing this virus upon the world and is loosing friends / making enemies faster that anything we've ever seen before .. now seen as a Pariah to all those countries that matter

It's current propaganda to pressure many countries to support it is making enemies rapidly .. All strong countries (N America & Europe) are starting to blackball Parina .. (Our feckless Trudy will have no option other than following them)

Oh, and then there's the 30 year olds .. or rather, no 30 year olds in Parina .. Remember the brilliant 1 child daze??? .. Well, it is and will continue to bite it in its ass for a long time, leaving it weakened greatly. That is a significant factor

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"There is plenty. While Parina has the upper hand in ways, the US is the powerhouse still and ultimately will help today's Pariah decimate its economic engine

I made this thread to allow posts on how politics work now and how it will evolve for the future

Parina? Aint that a dog food?

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"There is plenty. While Par-ina has the upper hand in ways at this moment, the US is the powerhouse still and ultimately will help today's Par-ina decimate its own economic engine

I made this thread to allow posts on how politics work now and how it will evolve for the very near future .. much less the long run

If countries start repatriating their supply chains, that will have a big impact on China's economy. I don't see that happening under Biden or Trudeau.

Anonymous

Aint this special.

United Front groups in Canada helped Beijing stockpile coronavirus safety supplies

https://globalnews.ca/news/6858818/coronavirus-china-united-front-canada-protective-equipment-shortage/?utm_source=GlobalToronto&utm_medium=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR31jAYZX0xz7cdWrxWru8_UCGRtLuqpdmhvsDhBx5ID8lowHdgbFEV1F28">https://globalnews.ca/news/6858818/coro ... dgbFEV1F28">https://globalnews.ca/news/6858818/coronavirus-china-united-front-canada-protective-equipment-shortage/?utm_source=GlobalToronto&utm_medium=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR31jAYZX0xz7cdWrxWru8_UCGRtLuqpdmhvsDhBx5ID8lowHdgbFEV1F28

In mid-January, Chinese consulates in Canada and worldwide issued an urgent call. China was concerned that the new coronavirus raging in Wuhan was so deadly and infectious that its nurses and doctors would run out of safety supplies.

It needed personal protective equipment (PPE).

In just six weeks, China imported 2.5 billion pieces of epidemic safety equipment, including over two billion safety masks, Chinese government data shows.

And this raises big concerns on a number of fronts, say critics, including Conservative MP Erin O'Toole.

China was evidently hiding the extent of a pandemic that endangered the world while covertly securing PPE at low prices. This "surreptitious" operation left "the world naked with no supply of PPE," Jorge Guajardo, Mexico's former ambassador to Beijing, told Global News.

The result: starting in March, after COVID-19 had circled the globe, countries that provided masks to China in January and February were forced to compete for China's supply.

By late January, sources in manufacturing and military circles were warning western governments that China s

Anonymous

Western countries should fire their top public health officials. Except for Sweden.

cc

They definitely will be firing China ... which is what this thread is about ... not more whining  in every thread .. nor more Sweden  ac_boring

The next year or 2 will see a very different economic landscape ... staring immediately

Back to making things at home and keeping people working.  What a novel idea!!

Where's the bad in that? ..  Played right, The West will of this far better overall in a couple of years

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"They definitely will be firing China ... which is what this thread is about ... not more whining  in every thread .. nor more Sweden  ac_boring

The next year or 2 will see a very different economic landscape ... staring immediately

Back to making things at home and keeping people working.  What a novel idea!!

Where's the bad in that? ..  Played right, The West will of this far better overall in a couple of years

I don't have faith in a China lapdog like Justin Trudeau to do that.

cc

I know he's extremely China soft, almost a CPC member .. a destroyer of a good Western society.

But we are small in the big picture. Trudy will be dragged along with no choice but to follow allies

That's how we and others got into free trade in the first place and why we all followed the pack into the lose/ lose free trade stuff for a long time

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"I know he's extremely China soft, almost a CPC member .. a destroyer of a good Western society.

But we are small in the big picture. Trudy will be dragged along with no choice but to follow allies

That's how we got into free trade and why we all followed the lose/ lose free trade stuff for a long time

I hope so....our pm is like an ambassador for the Chinese regime.

cc

He is. ..... "almost a CPC member"

I made this thread for this very purpose ... to not discuss the virus, rather to discuss the changing world politics & economics as a result of it

I just edited the title - having unwisely left the vital "Economics" out of it initially

Anonymous

I too have doubts about Biden and Trudeau taking a firm line with China. My fear is that once we have a vaccine, everything will go right back to where it was with China controlling our essential supplies of PPE and medicine.

cc

Biden is something to fear. He would be the end of a "livable"  Western Society

Strange he was fingering aides when he has no balls  :crazy: