Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Changing Politics & Economics of Western Countries vs The Pariah

Started by cc, May 02, 2020, 11:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

China has lots to worry about -

Past poor planning & inferior construction is catching   up  .. current flooding has already taken out some critical bridges and whole towns.

It is at capacity today following severe rains .. meaning overflowing into areas above it + having to release water into the already overflowing lower areas affecting 100s of millions .. and ruining formerly rich agriculture areas

So Western nations merely need to hang tough and be tough .. and let China destroy itself

Globe & Mail > https://www.theglobeandmail.com/world/article-record-floods-raise-questions-about-chinas-three-gorges-dam-3/">Record floods raise questions about China's Three Gorges Dam

If (or rather when the dam goes), China's economy will be set back decades and many 100s of millions of people greatly affected .. not to mention the millions of acres of fertile land no longer able to generate food and food capital

Three Gorges Dam 2007

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/09/19/15828056-7227511-The_user_also_posted_the_above_photo_of_the_Three_Gorges_Dam_in_-a-1_1562695978934.jpg">

"Bent" Three Gorges Dam Today - Obviously it's integrity has been compromised and design / construction defects apparent

Shadow line most clearly shows the difference between the 2 end to end

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/09/16/15828058-7227511-A_Twitter_user_posted_recent_satellite_photos_from_Google_Maps_l-a-24_1562687979289.jpg">

"Made in China" .. and looks it
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=371787 time=1595018473 user_id=88
Yes. I'm so proud of Boris coming through. He is refreshingly always gutsy and unafraid to do the right thing

Also for Trump starting it and giving Boris both reason and support

This may force other European counties to think it through  better

And actually key of article is that China is not as strong as many think and acting from weakness in many areas  .. something I have felt or some time now

If other countries act together smartly, strongly and together, China can be kept under control

Another or Parallel Problem for China

They are really living on the edge - If the "now bent" 3 Gorges Dam fails, China will be set back decades .. and at moment it's a very close call. Even if it holds "for now" they have been set back greatly by poor water system planning and will have to cut back a lot for future

There is nothing more destructive than over confidence

You are very right cc..

While China has no respect for weak leaders like Justin Trudeau and Barack Obama, they do use their weakness to their advantage.

Anonymous

On Tuesday, the Boris Johnson-led UK government banned the purchase of any new 5G equipment from the Chinese telecom giant Huawei and ordered all Huawei gear stripped from Britain's networks by 2027.

The UK joined the U.S., Australia, and New Zealand in freezing out Huawei from their 5G networks, leaving Canada as the only member of the "Five Eyes" intelligence alliance that has not barred or restricted Huawei from its 5G network.

This is an important and necessary move by Boris Johnson's government.

Huawei has helped China earn its reputation for spying, industrial espionage, and international property theft.

Through surveillance and facial recognition, Huawei have also helped the Beijing regime track, detain, torture, and murder people.

As just about everyone in the west seems to realize—with the exception of Team Trudeau—now is the time to separate ourselves from the ambitions of the Chinese Communist Party and the entities that do its sinister work.

This spring, Johnson's Tory government announced a ban on a rather controversial procedure: no longer will children in the UK be able to have life-altering surgical procedures to "change" their gender.

Despite being known for leading a socially liberal administration, Boris Johnson bravely stood up to the forces of gender ideology and protected the children of his country from the mere possibility of having their lives unalterably destroyed by undergoing procedures, abetted by adults, that would do just that.

We live in times when we can't be sure that governments, even in western countries with long and honourable traditions of rational thinking that go back centuries, can be counted on to act rationally or sensibly.  

In these two instances, Boris Johnson has, and so should Canada.

cc

While first point has been well discussed the second I was unaware of

Good for Boris & yes, every country needs to  protect it's youth from pressure inflicted upon them by screwed up parents

Anonymous

It's hard to believe any parent would want their very young children to undergo gender reassignment surgery.

Odinson

The beta cuckold fathers would..

https://i.redd.it/fwregzvxsus21.jpg">

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=371962 time=1595162556 user_id=136
The beta cuckold fathers would..

https://i.redd.it/fwregzvxsus21.jpg">

That's not the worst I've seen.

cc

Not sure where that came from nor am I sure  if I posted this already, so here goes

https://nationalpost.com/news/chinese-government-owned-firm-wins-6-8m-contract-to-supply-security-equipment-to-canada-embassies">Chinese government-owned firm wins $6.8M contract to supply security equipment to Canada's embassies

The government of Canada has awarded an estimated $6.8 million contract to a state-owned Chinese company to supply security equipment for 170 embassies, consulates and high commissions around the globe.

Nuctech is known as the "Huawei of airport security," supplying X-ray machines, scanners and explosive detection systems to airports and customs offices in 160 countries. The company sees a bright future for its airport body scanners, which feature a thermal imaging camera that can detect elevated body temperatures.

:oeudC:

Anonymous

cc

https://www.theepochtimes.com/us-calls-on-chinese-regime-to-end-persecution-of-falun-gong-pompeo-says_3431175.html">US Calls on Chinese Regime to End Persecution of Falun Gong, Pompeo Says

The United States has called on the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) to immediately end its "depraved abuse and mistreatment" of the spiritual practice Falun Gong.

"Twenty-one years of persecution of Falun Gong practitioners is far too long, and it must end," U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said in a rare statement about the persecution by a top administration official.

"Extensive evidence shows the PRC [People's Republic of China] government continues to repress and abuse this community to this day, including reported torture of Falun Gong practitioners and detention of thousands," he said on July 20, the 21st anniversary of Beijing's launch of the persecution campaign.

Pompeo also demanded that the Chinese regime release imprisoned adherents of Falun Gong and account for the whereabouts of missing practitioners.

His calls join around 30 U.S. lawmakers and officials who issued statements expressing solidarity with Falun Gong practitioners on the anniversary. Hundreds of lawmakers around the world also condemned the regime's brutal suppression.

Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, is a spiritual discipline that includes meditative exercises a set of moral teachings based on the principles of truthfulness, compassion, and tolerance. The practice spread widely in China with around 70 million people practicing by the end of the decade, according to government estimates at the time.

On July 20, 1999, Falun Gong practitioners in China found themselves the targets for persecution when the CCP deemed Falun Gong's popularity a threat to its rule and banned the practice. Adherents have since been subjected to harassment, detention, and torture in an effort to coerce them into giving up their beliefs. Millions have been detained, according to estimates by the Falun Dafa Information Center (FDIC). More than 4,000 are confirmed to have died from torture, according to Minghui.org, an online clearinghouse for information about the persecution of Falun Gong, although this is likely to be an understatement of the real death toll given the difficulty of obtaining sensitive information from China.

"Since 1999, the Communist Party of China (CCP) has sought to eradicate Falun Gong, a spiritual practice originating in China, and its peaceful practitioners and human rights defenders who have fought for their right to practice their beliefs," Pompeo said.

cc

Today from all directions:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-53463403">BBC - UK accuses China of 'gross' human rights abuses against Uighurs

UK Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab has accused China of "gross and egregious" human rights abuses against its Uighur population and said sanctions against those responsible cannot be ruled out.

Reports of forced sterilisation and wider persecution of the Muslim group were "reminiscent of something not seen for a long time", he told the BBC.

The UK would work with its allies to take appropriate action, he insisted.

China's UK ambassador said talk of concentration camps was "fake".

Liu Xiaoming told the BBC's Andrew Marr that the Uighurs received the same treatment under the law as other ethnic groups in his country.

Shown drone footage that appears to show Uighurs being blindfolded and led to trains, and which has been authenticated by Australian security services, he said he "did not know" what the video was showing and "sometimes you have a transfer of prisoners, in any country".

"There is no such concentration camps in Xinjiang," he added. "There's a lot of fake accusations against China."

It is believed that up to a million Uighur people have been detained over the past few years in what the Chinese state defines as "re-education camps".

Anonymous

cc

Agreed. Yes they do.

However, to say nothing / pretend it doesn't exist is not what our societies should be about

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=372110 time=1595286944 user_id=88
Agreed. Yes they do.

However, to say nothing / pretend it doesn't exist is not what our societies should be about

Trudeau would not criticize China if they nuked Canada.

cc

Prolly right

He's prolly apologize because he himself was not evaporated